Keep Believing!

We done it in Dortmund and PSV are on not too far off them but i believe we can do it in Eindhoven. Morelos will have a say in the 2nd leg but still happy with the performance bar Goldson, We can do this fellow bears.....
If Morelos doesn't get minutes he's not going to be fit enough to start. Uphill battle now as PSV look a bit better than us and they now have home advantage.

Expected a worse result while hoping for a better one. We get up, we go again with the heads held high and chests puffed out - was like we have never been away from the Champions League tonight

Felt we were almost Non existent 2nd half .. looked tired .. little to no threat going forward ..

Not sure where Kent went 2nd half

Good team PSV they move the ball much faster than us ..

Fancy us for 2-1 though …

It’s swings in their favour as they now have home advantage, but what we saw tonight tells us there is little between the teams & we are more than capable of still getting through this tie

This tie in a nowhere near over. We are very capable of turning them over next week.
Gio needs to pick the right team and also use his subs better. Bringing on Wright and Kamara was very ineffective.

We really need to work on attacking balls coming into our box in the coming week as they are very strong in that department and it’s becoming our Achilles heel.

Felt we were almost Non existent 2nd half .. looked tired .. little to no threat going forward ..

Not sure where Kent went 2nd half

Good team PSV they move the ball much faster than us ..

Fancy us for 2-1 though …

He had 2 on him for most of the game tbf.

Not a popular opinion, but not enough.

We needed to take a lead over there.

Is there a chance? Yes there is.
But being the cold, pragmatic bastard that I am, don’t see it happening.

We done it in Dortmund and PSV are on not too far off them but i believe we can do it in Eindhoven. Morelos will have a say in the 2nd leg but still happy with the performance bar Goldson, We can do this fellow bears.....
Morelos won’t be at the high level of match fitness by next week. If he gets on it’ll be as a late sub.

After the last decade, still just enjoying being at the party. :D

Also, still in the tie. Nothing worse than a shameful dead rubber of a game to endure. We have it all to play for.

Question: did tonight add to the coefficient? Or is it just points to the victor?

Evenly matched all round imo. We conceded two sloppy goals and Eindhoven fans likely feel the same way tbh.

We are missing something up top without Alfie, but Colak was immense, it's a pity Alfie doesn't play well with other strikers.

Also thought the subs were a wee bit on the negative side, especially given their keeper had just dropped a clanger and they were starting to look ropey. Felt we eased off a bit too much with Kamara and Wright coming on. Saying that Davis looked knackered but maybe a fresher impetuous in attack would have eased the pressure.

We’re still in with a very good chance of progressing. Morelos and kent hopefully up to speed for second leg will improve our chances greatly as well.

It’s not over far from it but if we are honest we aren’t playing well enough or creating enough for me just now.

Midfield has zero balance and we just can’t work the gk enough just now.

We’re still in with a really decent chance.
Correct. And personally I reckon. A tough game at the weekend is what we need.
Never a fan of postponing game to prepare especially when you need game time to gel.

Pretty confident.
They have not encountered some of the players we probably expected could push us on i. e Alfredo matundo and possibly Arfield.

PSV will defo fancy themselves but I think if we left their stadium at 2-2 we would still be thinking it will be a very tough game at home.

Keep the faith.

Was a good game of football other than the goals we lost. Thought it was two decent teams going toe to toe.

I think we are very much in it. Comparisons with Dortmund? Yes we need that clinical level but PSV look much more street wise than Dortmund who were very naive under Marco Rose. We can’t be negative or passive but it feels small margins decide it in Eindhoven. Set pieces must be addressed. Firstly three points on Saturday.

don't think we've ever lost at their place have we? not that it counts for anything. we're still in the tie, against a good team, if folks think we'll no concede against these teams, they're living in dreamland, we're not at the level to completely dominate a team like PSV for 90mins and no concede, it'll be tough, but we all knew that, and that's how it turned out. we're still in the tie, and I'd have taken that before the game

I'm feeling pretty positive I always feels Gio's tactics are far better when he is forced to be proactive and go out and win a game

I'd be more nervous if we were going out there trying to defend a 1 goal lead

They are a decent team, full of players in the €4m-€6m range, with a few superstars in there.

We have overcame more from better. We can win. They have a bang average defensive line, the goalkeeper of theirs is a riot.

Back