keeper on the goal line at a penalty rule

HMS.Temple.Garden

how shit is this?

watching the highlights from some of the games last night. Leverkusen vs Porto, Leverkusen get a penalty, keeper saves it, its ordered to be retaken because the keeper came off his line a small bit. Leverkusen score the retake, keeper still comes off his line and no retake.

Copenhagen penalty last night, Foster does exactly same thing the Porto keeper did and no retake is ordered.

Utter shite.

Not new, it’s always been that way, only change is it’s just one foot on the line. But we know Forster has form for this (League Cup)

Not new, it’s always been that way, only change is it’s just one foot on the line. But we know Forster has form for this (League Cup)

I know its always been there mate, but f.uck sake how often has it been enforced?

tbf the Leverkusen f.ucked up taking the penalty the first time. Without VAR I honestly can't recall where I've seen that rule really enforced.

I dont think its a good rule. Goalkeepers need to move a bit to ready themselves to move when the penalty is taken , not stand still like statues. are they expected to look down at there feet to make sure there on the line?. I reckon they should always be afforded maybe a yard leeway. If its a good well taken penalty into the corner it will go in regardless.

Back