Keevins trying to Gee up St mirren

I don't think what he says has any bearing whatsoever do you honestly think st mirren will try harder because Hugh Keevins thinks they will lose?
Ignore him he's an irrelevant old prick
Two different things mate.
Of course it’s got nothing to do with Keevins’ comments if way fail to win.
What undoubtedly is important though is why a professional journalist tries to motivate a football team.
Isn't punditry supposed to be neutral?

This is classic Keevins.... he does it to somehow put the burden of expectation into the minds of the Rangers support ( and take it away from Celtic ) so in some weird way their joy will be greater and our disappointment worse if Gers don’t win. Quite simply he’s trying to jinx us. He always takes us to beat Celtic. It’s because he hates us.
Dont know why but I'm buckled at this line :)) he is probably trying to tempt fate slightly but if we dont win tomorrow then it will be because we have had a complete nightmare. Not cos Nuremberg has jinxed us

I won’t kid on I know much about StMirren, but generally, I don’t recall them taking many proper doings last season.

If I was offered 1-0 now, I’d snatch it.

I'm struggling to get annoyed by this.

I've not looked but I'm guessing every bookie in Britain is also in on this dastardly plan??
If you find me a bookie who will pay out as soon as I put Rangers on, I'll take that comment seriously.
And pay my mortgage for the year.
Thanks.

Haven't listened to him since the 1980s,

He must be 120 by now.

Came in to this thread to see the amusing image of him.

He is a specky decrepit old fud, we all know that, his opinion matters not a jot.

However the fact remains we should be absolutely pumping teams like St Mirren at home, if we don’t it will have nothing to do with what a Celtic fan says on Radio Clyde, it will be our own failings, nothing else.

I won’t kid on I know much about StMirren, but generally, I don’t recall them taking many proper doings last season.

If I was offered 1-0 now, I’d snatch it.
You’d snatch a 1-0 at home to St Mirren. Really?

Said they have as much chance of winning tomorrow as Sturgeon walking down union Street in an Aberdeen top. Couple of minutes later the panel are receiving txts from St mirren.
Also said the tramps could have a tough game tomorrow. Never here spew saying similar when the beasts are playing.
Speaking like the celtic fans he is.

Voodo Hugh put a spell on you
What a load of shit talked on this thread
If all it took to transform your team's performance was some old geezer spouting pish about them every team would employ one
As for talk of him jinxing us - really?
Do people really believe this shit
Worked in Africa and played football there for a couple of years. After every defeat the guys would claim to have seen a witch doctor on the pitch the night before
The coach, also African, would tell them what a load of pish that was. I would laugh at them
Seems a few on this thread would have been joining in with the pre match rituals to ward off the juju
Primitive superstitious shit

Voodo Hugh put a spell on you
What a load of shit talked on this thread
If all it took to transform your team's performance was some old geezer spouting pish about them every team would employ one
As for talk of him jinxing us - really?
Do people really believe this shit
Worked in Africa and played football there for a couple of years. After every defeat the guys would claim to have seen a witch doctor on the pitch the night before
The coach, also African, would tell them what a load of pish that was. I would laugh at them
Seems a few on this thread would have been joining in with the pre match rituals to ward off the juju
Primitive superstitious shit
No, no, he’s an evil dark wizard with the power to put a curse on us- that’s exactly what we’re saying and he should be burnt at the stake. Fair?

Said they have as much chance of winning tomorrow as Sturgeon walking down union Street in an Aberdeen top. Couple of minutes later the panel are receiving txts from St mirren.
Also said the tramps could have a tough game tomorrow. Never here spew saying similar when the beasts are playing.
Folk still listen to this bitter mentally challenged wind up merchant and take the bait?

Do you think their players or our players were listening to SSB? Most will probably be listening to a good Sports Radio channel like Talksport.

He is more making those comments so he can rip the utter piss the next night if somehow we lose against St Mirren.

If we can't beat St Mirren today then we have a major problem and its nothing to do with Hugh fucking Keevins

The day we are worried that a pubdit is firing up a diddy club like St Mirren to come to Ibrox and what affect that could have on the result is really the day we need to chuck it. There simply can be zero - absolutely no excuses for not winning today.

been doing it for years, win by a few he can say knew st mirren were shite wouldnt be that interested, drop points next weeks about money wasted manager isnt up to the job.

people are replying with we better win, thats what he wants anger towards the manager if we dont....any team can drop points play pesh celtic will too. he also knows he has helped them to create a situation where refs are either dishonest and go out to cheat Rangers or are simply terrified to be fair and give vital calls in a tight match....also that Gerrard could quickly come under serious pressure with one bad result having struggled in a number of these fixtures since taking over.

the 10, he will say it will be 10 if they win it not my view, but the 10 will be on his mind every second of the day celtic is everything to the guy hes devoted his life to the club.

We beat St Mirren 1.0 twice last season mate, and they’ve strengthened their defence.

After a tough gig in Europe in midweek, i will gladly accept three points, no injuries & no reds.

I think we are under estimating them.
Don't think they took a hammering from anyone last season. Goodwin transformed them and they are very organised.

That said, no excuses on our part but we will likely need to work for it today. Its also our first proper home game without fans which is an unknown - might help the players be patient or it might take away the urgency we need if its tight.

Don't think they took a hammering from anyone last season. Goodwin transformed them and they are very organised.

That said, no excuses on our part but we will likely need to work for it today. Its also our first proper home game without fans which is an unknown - might help the players be patient or it might take away the urgency we need if its tight.

Agree GF7, I’m not saying anything less than a win is acceptable just that we can create problems for the players if we unrealistically say we will win by 4 or 5.

Then when we don’t some idiots start firing abuse at players on social media etc & before we know it a win gets perceived as a negative.

Goodwin knows his shit, and they will be very organised & committed today.

I for one will disrespect that wee club , we should batter them for 90 mins, looking to score 4/5.
Them and half the clubs in this league, just no excuses.

If we don’t win tomorrow it’ll have nothing to do with Hugh Keevins.

Let’s just concentrate on ourselves and smash these little diddy teams.

I don't think that's the point though.

Keevins as Fergie, getting Keegan in a lather.?

That's what he thinks he's doing.

And apart from diddy teams on the partk why are we not smashing them off it also?

Snyde, the rhebel and the scum would be an ideal start.

Then the rest.

Gvc6jbf.gif

Celtic levels of going out your way to get offended here.
I'm no Keevins fan but if he said St. Mirren could take something from the game, you'd be raging that he's backing them and playing us down. He can't really win, can he?

Celtic levels of going out your way to get offended here.
I'm no Keevins fan but if he said St. Mirren could take something from the game, you'd be raging that he's backing them and playing us down. He can't really win, can he?

Agreed.

How anyone can get raging at the fact hes pretty much saying we are too good for st mirren is beyond me.

If we dont win today its not keevins fault.

And i agree with him, st mirren will get pumped today.

Agree GF7, I’m not saying anything less than a win is acceptable just that we can create problems for the players if we unrealistically say we will win by 4 or 5.

Then when we don’t some idiots start firing abuse at players on social media etc & before we know it a win gets perceived as a negative.

Goodwin knows his shit, and they will be very organised & committed today.
After winning 1-0 at pittodrie last week and the negativity that came with that, I fear a 1-0 will cause a revolt.

Start the game, every game with the sole purpose of 3 points, anything else is a bonus.

I'm getting slightly disturbed by our levels of delusion, and, to be frank, foaming, now.

Had Keevins said Celtic would coast to victory and Rangers would struggle, the same poster would have been frothing at the mouth.

Yes, a large part of the media is hostile to us, but we're increasingly desperate to be slighted and outraged at every opportunity.

Back