Keith Jackson – Clickbait Rubbish About Null And Void

He says over 75% of the games were played last season which does not matter at all. It is not a rule.

He says he rules out nothing and it is up to the clubs to decide. He ruled out null and void last season and didn't give it as an option for voting.

The last time calling the season early came down to a vote which just passed as one club "changed their mind" after the voting was to end. It is nowhere near a guarantee that the vote would pass this time, precedent or not.

I couldn't see them fighting for the season to be called as is when it is us as the top and it passed by the skin of its teeth even after all the threats about finances etc.

Hopefully we should be finishing the league with all games played. There is no reason to shutdown football on a break and with all the vulnerable categories in the country getting the vaccine over the next month or so then any reason for stopping the league gets less and less each day.

Celtic will be trying to make it as hard as possible the only way they can nowadays, off the park. I wouldn't be surprised if they have another incident. They will have their placemen in the media calling for a break over the next few weeks but there is no reason for it at the moment and there will be less reason as the weeks go on.
Agree with pretty much all of that. The only thing I'd say is that after Bolingoli and the Dubai debacle, if that lot were to have yet another Covid related incident, the sh!t would surely hit the fan big time. There could be no hiding place. In some ways, their utter arrogance may be a blessing in disguise.

Incidentally, anyone recall what their PPG average was when the league ended last season?

How does that compare to our current PPG average?

Not without a resolution being passed which 75% of clubs would need to then vote for.

They could certainly propose one but most clubs will have zero appetite for this.

They can't just write off the season in the way that people would have you believe.

I hope you are right, I know deep down its sabre rattling by the haters but it stilll gives me the fear!

The season should be played to a finish without problem.

And it simply has to – because, if it goes to the club’s voting to decide whether to use PPG again or go with null and void, is anyone really confident that they wouldn’t vote for the latter just to get it up Rangers?

We can only hope that things like Dubai will turn clubs against the Scum.
However my fear is that the anti-Rangers hatred would see them screw us over.

That’s why it’s absolutely essential that the league is played to a finish.

Any decision to null and void the league should see us sever ties with Scottish football for good and instruct our lawyers to take legal action.

If this was to come to pass I would fully back our club handing in their notice to leave the SPFL the next day.

Agree with pretty much all of that. The only thing I'd say is that after Bolingoli and the Dubai debacle, if that lot were to have yet another Covid related incident, the sh!t would surely hit the fan big time. There could be no hiding place. In some ways, their utter arrogance may be a blessing in disguise.
That would be their plan. Make shit hit the fan and get the Government to shut us down.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they came right out asking for the league to be suspended as their players and staff are fearful for their and their families health. That is the kind of people we are dealing with. Make themselves look the victim to deviously get what they really want. Think Phil O'Donnels death.

He's played the SPFL PR man role since last March when the season was brought to a stand still. Every column he writes about the SPFL puts a positive spin on stuff or like when it came to us pushing for the investigation he was writing pieces to say no wrong doing was happening. He's a ladys front bottom with no professional pride and has 2 sources left in Doncaster and Lawwell and that's him.
Don’t forget he is personal friends with Lego, and gets a lot of stuff from him.

He was actually useful during the takeover as he was being fed stories from Paul Murray, hence the slightly cringy “courageous journalism” quote.

He was also fed stories by Mark Warburton, but once things turned sour with Warburton and Dave King, when he tried to engineer a way out, that’s when he turned into an enemy of King, and Rangers in general.

Back then I actually used to enjoy reading his opinion pieces every week, but he turned so quickly it was unbelievable. I’ve not been able to take him seriously as a journalist since.

Wise up bears, the filth are at the wind up through their pet a/hole irrelevant Keith. They know fine well it will be played out, the vaccine changes everything from last season. Ffs even the First Monster and the dentist have said elite sport will continue. Don’t take the bait.

SPFL can't afford null and void

This is undoubtedly true.

In fact, the earlier the season is called the greater the pay-back will be to TV companies and commercial sponsors. N&V is actually less of an option the less fixtures that are played

That is why the Donkey's answer to the following question makes no sense whatsoever:

Q. But you were very firm last year that null and void was not an option. You don’t seem so strong this season. Why is that?

A. You’ve got to bear in mind over 75 per cent of games had been played in all four divisions of the SPFL when the season was curtailed. We certainly hope we will complete 100 per cent of the fixtures in all four divisions this season. It will be for the members to determine what happens in the event they are not.

It is also apparent that this non-existent 75% of fixtures (which is nowhere in any rule book as far as I can determine) should not be getting a mention. Perhaps telling that this is now getting quoted by Lawell's puppet (no-one in Scottish Football believes he isn't).

Last edited:
Don’t forget he is personal friends with Lego, and gets a lot of stuff from him.

He was actually useful during the takeover as he was being fed stories from Paul Murray, hence the slightly cringy “courageous journalism” quote.

He was also fed stories by Mark Warburton, but once things turned sour with Warburton and Dave King, when he tried to engineer a way out, that’s when he turned into an enemy of King, and Rangers in general.

Back then I actually used to enjoy reading his opinion pieces every week, but he turned so quickly it was unbelievable. I’ve not been able to take him seriously as a journalist since.
Miller was giving him stuff as well when he was with us would meet him in the record offices.

This is undoubtedly true.

In fact, the earlier the season is called the greater the pay-back will be to TV companies and commercial sponsors. N&V is actually less of an option the less fixtures that are played

That is why the Donkey's answer to the following question makes no sense whatsoever:

Q. But you were very firm last year that null and void was not an option. You don’t seem so strong this season. Why is that?

A. You’ve got to bear in mind over 75 per cent of games had been played in all four divisions of the SPFL when the season was curtailed. We certainly hope we will complete 100 per cent of the fixtures in all four divisions this season. It will be for the members to determine what happens in the event they are not.

It is also apparent that this non-existent 75% of fixtures (which is nowhere in any rule book as far as I can determine) should not be getting a mention. Perhaps telling that this is now getting quoted by Lawell's puppet (no-one in Scottis Football believes he isn't).

Why does he mention 75% of games played in all four divisions?

Does the lower leagues being put on hold effect anything?

Why does he mention 75% of games played in all four divisions?

Does the lower leagues being put on hold effect anything?

I dare say the lower leagues may have less chance of getting games played than the upper echelons which has implications for promotion/relegation and play-off and will no doubt affect quite a number of clubs.

My worry would be the more clubs it affects the more difficult it becomes to pass a vote like last year.

The cabal still needs a great deal of watching IMO.

For what it is worth I have little doubt that the season will be completed and even if it isn't we will be Champions.

Last edited:
It’s all been put out there to plant the seed, they will stop at nothing to try and salvage this season so I wouldn’t put anything past them. It may be more crap from Jackson but it’s out there to do a job and put it into peoples heads. They are dangerous people with no integrity who would accept any opportunity without shame.
Remember the farce that was last season and what they did to teams like hearts. The Dundee vote and change, if they can do all that then we need to be very vigilant and ready for another big fight until we get this title.

Is any other country talking about null and void option to ending their league?
As far as I know, no country is talking about voiding their league. It's only rabid tims and their lickspittles that are clinging onto it!

Read fan media or something more reputable instead of the clickbait nonsense that is Scottish MSM.

In my opinion Jackson and Doncaster are the 2 biggest threats to Rangers in Scottish football and this interview is almost actively trolling us now.

That would be their plan. Make shit hit the fan and get the Government to shut us down.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they came right out asking for the league to be suspended as their players and staff are fearful for their and their families health. That is the kind of people we are dealing with. Make themselves look the victim to deviously get what they really want. Think Phil O'Donnels death.
If the league is shut down, as Doncaster alluded to, the commercial implications would be the end for a significant number of clubs. Many are already on the brink. Sturgeon does not want to be responsible for that on the eve of an election.

Last season they never had the option to vote between PPG and null and void.

We were told null and void simply couldn’t be put to clubs as a credible option as it was impossible to do for various reasons.

Doncasters PPG resolution was the only resolution put to clubs. There are pages upon pages of statements from them saying why it is the only viable option in such a scenario.

Even the corrupt bastards at the SPFL surely couldn’t back track so significantly on statements they made just 9 months ago.
Any normal person would think so. But once the machinations of the "members" on what is a glorified bowling club committee start, self interest and bias would screw Rangers over. It wouldn't necessarily be the same options as last season being discussed. Something we haven't thought of yet might be thrown in the pot to screw us over.
Keep the League going for the benefit of people stuck at home, that's the message.

Hopefully Gerrard is asked about this today and absolutely rubbishes the possibility of null and void.

Would do us no harm to have such a respected figure set the narrative in front of a UK-wide audience.

His answer should be simple:

“ average points per game worked for both Neils 9 months ago, what’s changed... OH”

Well done to the Day Late Rhecord for sending the self appointed " Scotland's most influential sports columnist" to interview Neil Doncaster at his home in Brigadoon.

Hopefully Gerrard is asked about this today and absolutely rubbishes the possibility of null and void.

Would do us no harm to have such a respected figure set the narrative in front of a UK-wide audience.

SG had had a video on it on Sky Sports.

My own personal view. is numbers will be coming down as lockdown takes hold and vacinnes give a dead end to the infection rate. Personally dont see any problem why the season will not finish. And I do look at the r numbers and stats very often.

Already a locked thread about this, note he doesn't say the header.

is in the balance and the Scottish Premiership might not be able to be finished.

Is in the balance, IT is a warning to the SFA / SPFL. Let be honest it would BANKRUPT the SPFL if null and void transpires.

What every club in the country need to ask. Would the imbeciles in charge represent the 41 concerned clubs or the 1 club the SPFL SFA represents.

Get these imbeciles out NOW

“The consequences of a void season are much more dramatic, partly because of the commercial contracts which underpin the game but at the moment there is no reason to believe the Premiership and Championship won’t be completed.

No need to worry about refunding the League sponsor though Neil eh ?

Bet that's a load off your mind.

It’s actually laughable the same people preaching about how null and void wasnt an option last season .... is now an option.

Never mind mentioning the sky rights, sponsorship(Ha), prize money etc.

What will it be? A coin toss between Celtic and Rangers to see who gets top spot.

Are they going to shaft Hearts again by saying no champions and no promotions?

Laughable - this is all to benefit one club. This wouldn’t be a discussion if Celtic were on top this season

Pretty sure sky who televise our games and put money into our game will just agree to cancel the season a second time running.

this is clickbate shite. They can rant and rave about null and void. It ain’t happening, there’s no grounds for it.

I sought legal advice last season with regards season tickets and consumer rights. If the season is null & void, ST holders may have the right to go after the SPFL.

I think the overall financial ramifications are too big for a season to be null & void. Ultimately, this is just trolling by a petty and vindictive bunch of bitter yahoos.

Back