Keith Jackson gets another story wrong

So that’s basically a 2000 crowd paying 20 quid a ticket. So one match day for
Most teams. Can’t see that swaying people

If that's the case send our pittance towards a team with the guts to get an interdict taken out, rather than posturing about all the senior and junior counsel advice they've sought

If reconstruction goes ahead and no relegation happens in the Premier League, what happens to the parachute payment that would have been due to the relegated team?

Jackson just writes what his puppet masters tell him, he is an utter joke.

So it works out the price to bribe clubs in this country is less than £50k each? My god what a state the game is in here.

Re investment from James Anderson into the league

Jackson reported it to be north of £4m.

well,

Circa £48k per club then. That’s not going to go very far at a forecast £4K-£5k per week testing costs. Won’t even take us to the Winter break. Surely can’t justify giving that to the likes of Brechin if they then simply lay-off any players they have left and mothball for the season.

It will be 4 million 2 million to cover the spfl covid testing and the other 2million to moth ball the 3 other divisions after reconstruction....dundee could find themselves in all sorts of problems here which would be very pleasing

Basically covers the cost of Corona tests till Christmas. Wont cover wages or other costs.
We're talking the SPFL. They don't test for drugs. They'll probably stop Covid testing after a couple of months and clubs complain about the cost

Hope we publicly reject it citing 47k not being enough to buy reconstruction and on top of that no amount of money should change the setup.

I could be wrong here but I thought the initial reports were that the money was purely for the lower league clubs to ensure that the leagues wouldn't require to be mothballed. The suggestion was that the Premiership could restart behind closed doors but the lower leagues couldn't afford the testing to allow closed doors games to go ahead and, as such, would either have a curtailed season or require to be mothballed for a year.

If I'm right the £2m would be split across 30 teams and not 42. At roughly £5k per week for testing that would get them about 13 weeks worth of testing. That would probably be sufficient to see them through until crowds return as they may get back to normal sooner as social distancing in the lower leagues will be easier than in the Premiership.

That would mean Hearts have someone to play when they get relegated - fall back position in case reconstruction doesn't get approved and their legal case gets binned.

It will be 4 million 2 million to cover the spfl covid testing and the other 2million to moth ball the 3 other divisions after reconstruction....dundee could find themselves in all sorts of problems here which would be very pleasing

Hell mend them for selling their soul so easily...

If the money is offered to Rangers the board should refuse it and say we do not accept bribes.

I could be wrong here but I thought the initial reports were that the money was purely for the lower league clubs to ensure that the leagues wouldn't require to be mothballed. The suggestion was that the Premiership could restart behind closed doors but the lower leagues couldn't afford the testing to allow closed doors games to go ahead and, as such, would either have a curtailed season or require to be mothballed for a year.

If I'm right the £2m would be split across 30 teams and not 42. At roughly £5k per week for testing that would get them about 13 weeks worth of testing. That would probably be sufficient to see them through until crowds return as they may get back to normal sooner as social distancing in the lower leagues will be easier than in the Premiership.

That would mean Hearts have someone to play when they get relegated - fall back position in case reconstruction doesn't get approved and their legal case gets binned.

Budge did say lower league clubs. By the time Anderson had spoken to Doncaster the SPFL statement referred to helping all 42 clubs.

Budge did say lower league clubs. By the time Anderson had spoken to Doncaster the SPFL statement referred to helping all 42 clubs.
So a philanthropist steps forward with money to help those most in need and the SPFL effectively steal part of that money and redistribute it to the wealthiest clubs in the land. Suppose that makes perfect sense in the crazy world that is Scottish football.

You do wonder why people in general notice these things and yet no one in the MSM seems to ask the relevant questions.

This lot really could get away with murder with the press telling us that it was all in the best interests of Scottish Football.

So a philanthropist steps forward with money to help those most in need and the SPFL effectively steal part of that money and redistribute it to the wealthiest clubs in the land. Suppose that makes perfect sense in the crazy world that is Scottish football.

You do wonder why people in general notice these things and yet no one in the MSM seems to ask the relevant questions.

This lot really could get away with murder with the press telling us that it was all in the best interests of Scottish Football.

You've got it in a nutshell. My mate and I have been discussing this since the minute Doncaster released his statement the other day referring to ‘all 42 clubs’. Not a peep in the media.

As it reads at the moment it’s an equal split as well, £2m divided by 42. That’s a nonsense in itself. The truth is there’s no way, even with the Anderson money, that Leagues 1/2 will be playing next season. Split it between the top 22, with greater sums going to the Championship clubs.

Jackson w**ks off cats, FACT.
Dont know about that but Jackson is finished as a serious journalist after his despicable behaviour during the season culminating in his embarrasing defence of Doncaster and the cabal. This c.unt was finished the moment his conduit into Ibrox was severed when Miller was sussed out.

Back