Keith Jackson says Alfie cost us the league cup and has he just lost us the league!

Butcher6

Sutton was spouting this yesterday now low and behold another puppet pushing the same line.

They want us to turn on him because they know if he stays next season and with more quality added to the squad we will win the title imo.

A sad time in Scottish football that they are trying to chase about the only star in this league and all because he plays in blue imo.

No Alfie hasn't cost us.
The agenda of the press and media who set the narrative for how officials react in games involving Rangers and The Filth have probably ensured that we cannot compete for trophies this season.
We don't just need to be as good or better, we must be enough points better to live with the fact that we get officiated to a different level.

Haven't read the article but can't decide he is wrong saying that although if we are relying on one player now to make a proper impact here we are gonna be in serious trouble. Another point is players have not stepped up when he is missing

No Keith, corrupt referees and press taking bungs from Celtic has been the main reason for us losing the league.

How about you write about that you plook? Oh, you can’t as you would then have to explain why the Record takes extra payments from Celtic.

Sadly I had an argument heading out of the ground on Saturday with a fellow Bear who was saying exactly the same

Whilst both are complete clowns, there is no doubt in my mind that Alfie’s absence in key games has cost us.

Others not stepping up when he has been missing is the problem yes it’s frustrating he has missed some games but that’s the way he is and I wouldn’t change him for the world I think he has been refereed differently and hard done to on occasions.

We can’t overlook his petulance because of what he’s done for us his this season.

Let’s be honest, had he played in the 4 or 5 games he’s missed we’d be far closer to the scum (and quite possibly above them).

Not having a go, I love the wee guy. But that’s just the truth of it.

Can't argue with the facts presented. However the fact we can't beat St Johnstone at home and Dundee (with a man advantage for 70+ minutes) shows we have far bigger worries than Morelos behavior.

Also the current suspension he is on further muddies the waters as he serving a suspension for being Morelos rather than anything he's alleged to have done.

We can’t overlook his petulance because of what he’s done for us his this season.

Let’s be honest, had he played in the 4 or 5 games he’s missed we’d be far closer to the scum (and quite possibly above them).

If our manager had also learned from his mistakes we would also be closer to the scum his inexperience has cost us points and to be honest if he makes the same mistakes next season I don't think it will end well .

He cost us the league by getting a totally undeserved 3 match ban? Do one Jackson!

However, I'd say Gerrard has cost us more than Morelos. Simply put - Gerrard has no tactics to offer without Morelos in the squad. It's not Morelos' fault the gaffer can't work without him.

Others not stepping up when he has been missing is the problem yes it’s frustrating he has missed some games but that’s the way he is and I wouldn’t change him for the world I think he has been refereed differently and hard done to on occasions.
Problem is that with one up front, only one striker gets a chance to build up game time and sharpness , but equally Kent and Candeias haven’t contributed enough goals for the amount of game time and possession they get.

As easy as it is to dismiss this as mindless Morelos bashing and a deflection from Celtic being handed a game by officials, there’s an element of truth to it.

He has racked up far too many suspensions and we’ve dropped points in games that we’d have likely won with him playing.

He’s the best player in the league by some distance but this does hold him back, he could be on 30 goals by now if he played every game

Sutton was spouting this yesterday now low and behold another puppet pushing the same line.

They want us to turn on him because they know if he stays next season and with more quality added to the squad we will win the title imo.

A sad time in Scottish football that they are trying to chase about the only star in this league and all because he plays in blue imo.

It’s forgotten of course but the booking against Ayr was ludicrous.

If our manager had also learned from his mistakes we would also be closer to the scum his inexperience has cost us points and to be honest if he makes the same mistakes next season I don't think it will end well .
Are you serious?
Gerrard has taken us on a great European run and we have beaten Celtic for the first time in almost 7 years. We are still only 8 points behind in February when previously our chances of the title were over before Halloween. Last season we had managers goading our fans with aeroplane celebrations I don't see that happening now.
If it's not going to end well who do you suggest that'll come in and do a better job than Gerrard.

Just look at what Brown has got away with this season ,what a lot of crap there is a different set of rules for Morelos maybe he should actually hurt someone he might stay on the pitch then and no one would start a witch hunt on him.

Yip.
How many players as Morelos injured this season compared to Brown?

Just imagine where we would be without Morelos and I can honestly say it wouldnt be 2nd place, it would be further down the table, which is the harsh truth . We rely so much on him its unacceptable that other players arent stepping up and putting their bit in. He needs to cut out the red cards but I really do struggle so say a bad thing about the guy and no chance has he cost us the title. Our manager and a group of spineless bottle merchants have done that. (Thats not every player btw because some have had very good seasons like McGregor, Tav, Goldson & Kent.)

Are you serious?
Gerrard has taken us on a great European run and we have beaten Celtic for the first time in almost 7 years. We are still only 8 points behind in February when previously our chances of the title were over before Halloween. Last season we had managers goading our fans with aeroplane celebrations I don't see that happening now.
If it's not going to end well who do you suggest that'll come in and do a better job than Gerrard.

I said back in July that if we didn't win the treble this season we'd have idiot supporters turning on the manager.
I wasn't wrong.

Of course he get things wrong from time to time, who doesn't?

He's the man for the job.

Without Alfeso’s goals, we are mid table ordinary.

Alfredo gave us a chance. The mhedia assault on Rangers and Alfie are what is costing us

He's gone next season. They don't need to worry about him staying and doing anything miraculous.

Not having him available in the league cup might have cost us a place in the final. No guarantee there though with that. Losing him in the league probably didn't help but our league title fell apart truth be told with a team that INCLUDED Alfie.
Defeat at home to Aberdeen early December.
A draw away to 10 man relegation fighting Dundee.
A draw away to a struggling Hibs.
A draw at home a week later to the same Hibs.
That's where the train really came off the track and Alfie played in them all.

False hope was given with an anomoly of a performance and a skelping handed out to the Tim's. We soon managed to nullify that good work with an away defeat to Killie. Same pattern followed with a good away win to Aberdeen nullified and undone with a pathetic no score home draw against St Johnstone.

Alfie played his part in all of that league ruining carnage (bar the latest feck up on Saturday).

So whilst we may feel like a better team with Alfie in it causing other teams problems - we are still shit and inconsistent to varying degrees results wise with him included. He's not a golden talisman who when played means we defeat all before us.
Alfie never cost us the league, that's journalistic non factual bollocks.
We self imploded with a side who just weren't up to challenging for a title that was there for the taking.

There is a fundamental weakness to this side...that's the bottom line.

Brown endangers careers on a weekly basis yet is never suspended (Madden only sent him off yesterday because he had absolutely no option; he looked gutted to have to do so). Morelos has never hurt a player in his life yet is public enemy no.1. I’m so sick of stating this obvious fact yet not one pundit will raise it as a topic of discussion. Feel like emigrating to be honest.

Just look at what Brown has got away with this season ,what a lot of crap there is a different set of rules for Morelos maybe he should actually hurt someone he might stay on the pitch then and no one would start a witch hunt on him.

Yesterday for example a straight red,definitely a different set of rules being applied here.

Last edited:
losing injury time goals against dolly and murderwell have cost us this season , losing to dolly at home and the draw at the weekend have been extremely costly , to put the blame on alfie is frankly ridiculous .

No one's denying this - but Morelos has been given special treatment by officials and the media. Take a look at what Brown gets away with week in week out.

This is no accident.

would alfie escaped a red on the pitch or match ban off for:

brown on candeias
brown on the hibs player
brown on the killie player?

Last edited:
Jackson= "Any prospective buyers out there? Just remember you are getting a good player, but one who will ultimately let you down. So don't you be paying too much now"

There is no doubt we would be doing better if he was available 100% of the time. That shows how important he is to us, so you could argue the opposite too.

For what it's worth, although he has perhaps been unfortunate, he regularly leaves his leg in, or has daft petulant kicks which provide opportunities for referees to send him off. We gain nothing from that daft behaviour but it certainly costs us when he is out suspended.

If Alfie has cost us the league by virtue of the games he’s missed then presumably the corollary is true that we were only in a position to win the league because of Alfie. As we’re talking football and not an individual sport, how can failure over a 38 game season be down to one player?

Said other week that beetroot faced wanker jackson was due an attack on Alfredo

Guys a fuckin wrongun i would love to meet him and tell him to his cornbeef face exactly what he is

I don't buy that at all. I think everything the lad does is over scrutinised by the media who have a witch hunt against him. There are plenty of others that have got away with worse than anything Alfie has done or said to Refs.

This is a young foreigner that had zero red cards before he came to us & just the other week the head of the Finnish Refs said Alfie was a total gentleman when he played there. It seems bizarre to me that he would then come to us and suddenly change into this hothead the media have made him out to be.

Whilst it is easy to bash Morelos for his discipline we really should be looking at the bigger picture here.
How can a guy come from a league where he has had no issues with discipline to a so called harder league with plastic hard men. Season upon season we have watched hatchetmen ruin our players season through injury yet very few receive red cards. Now compare this to Morelos mouthing off, shouldering guys over etc. Which one is more deserving of cards? Only in Scotland!!!!

We are over reliant on Alfie right now but we will always have to manage without him sometimes. If we can't win without him, well, one man teams don't win leagues. Clearly not Alfie's fault

Is that you Michael?

Utter Keek from Jackson.
One man does not make a team. Each and every one of our team incl. backroom team has let us down with continuous failings and mistakes. Allied to that we are being officiated to a very different standard from the rest of the league. That is what has cost us.

That right Keith?Sucking Declans cock has cost you exclusives out of Ibrox.Fud of a man.

As easy as it is to dismiss this as mindless Morelos bashing and a deflection from Celtic being handed a game by officials, there’s an element of truth to it.

He has racked up far too many suspensions and we’ve dropped points in games that we’d have likely won with him playing.

He’s the best player in the league by some distance but this does hold him back, he could be on 30 goals by now if he played every game

Hopefully his record will mean that he stays with us a bit longer.

We heavily rely on Morelos but thats not hes fault. Shouldnt have been sent off against the sheep anyway.

A Rangers team that gets 1 shot on target against a poor St Jonhstone side is what costs us leagues and cups.

Back