Kemar Roofe, front and centre.

I've just had a look at the Europa league and there's our man Roofe front and centre of one of the pages for all to see. He's even blocking out Gareth Bale. What a guy!
Thought I'd share.
This is what happens when OAPs post on forums after a couple of glasses of brandy. Reading spectacles all over the dial one eye closed posting pish!

Thats a compliment by the way auld yin.

rooo.jpg

Cracking player. Don't mind the posters name on here but there was a thread about him a while back. I'd mentioned about his fitness and the poster had come back saying he was above Morelos in ability. He had watched him at Leeds. He was absolutely spot on. If he stays injury free will be massive for us, looks an absolute class act. Morelos is great at the style of play he deploys but Kemar is such a classy article. When he gets the ball it gives me the same feeling that Jelavic did in that he could create his own chance from nothing.

From what I can gather, if we can keep him fit and healthy then he will be the missing piece from the jig saw, and our long wait for silver will be over this season?

Cracking player. Don't mind the posters name on here but there was a thread about him a while back. I'd mentioned about his fitness and the poster had come back saying he was above Morelos in ability. He had watched him at Leeds. He was absolutely spot on. If he stays injury free will be massive for us, looks an absolute class act. Morelos is great at the style of play he deploys but Kemar is such a classy article. When he gets the ball it gives me the same feeling that Jelavic did in that he could create his own chance from nothing.
Its magic eh?
With morelos playing the deeper role and roofe getting in front, the defenders don't know if they're needing a shit or a haircut. They just can't plan for it and their tactics and team talk go right out the window. Long may it continue.

Its magic eh?
With morelos playing the deeper role and roofe getting in front, the defenders don't know if they're needing a shit or a haircut. They just can't plan for it and their tactics and team talk go right out the window. Long may it continue.
If we keep our form up, and I don't see why we can't, no team in Scotland can cope with us. So many levels above them all.

If we keep our form up, and I don't see why we can't, no team in Scotland can cope with us. So many levels above them all.
it kind of reminds me of when Jonah Lomu burst on to the scene. He played against england and got the ball every time and destroyed their defence. The next year england had at least 2 players marking him and they never gave him the ball and the rest of the NZ team ran through their defence. I know that's a bit of a tenuous link but I think Alfie not being the lone striker has been pivotal to our goal scoring and play making.

Its magic eh?
I’d say roofe pretty much sums up our recruitment strategy that has been so widely talked about recently

if u were to describe a player we needed on the right he ticks every box , even though he doesn’t ply on the right all the time , if that makes sense

it kind of reminds me of when Jonah Lomu burst on to the scene. He played against england and got the ball every time and destroyed their defence. The next year england had at least 2 players marking him and they never gave him the ball and the rest of the NZ team ran through their defence. I know that's a bit of a tenuous link but I think Alfie not being the lone striker has been pivotal to our goal scoring and play making.
Not tenuous at all. It's exactly what is happening. The options we have are frightening teams now. Someone else said it on another thread Jermaine Defoe is our 3rd choice striker atm. That is just mind blowing.

I’d say roofe pretty much sums up our recruitment strategy that has been so widely talked about recently

if u were to describe a player we needed on the right he ticks every box , even though he doesn’t ply on the right all the time , if that makes sense
you're absolutely right. SG is keeping every one guessing. He changes the set-up and playing strategy mid-game. Defenders hate that. Didn't some mhank complain on twitter or something how we didn't play the line-up or formation that was predicted and how it was unfair.

My only fear is he wont hang around long

Great player
I'm sure he'll hang around for at least the next 2 years. CL at the end of this season at least and quite possibly CL group stages the following year. And through all of it possibly the #1 picked striker for the team.

I'm sure he'll hang around for at least the next 2 years. CL at the end of this season at least and quite possibly CL group stages the following year. And through all of it possibly the #1 picked striker for the team.
Hopefully

His finishing is brilliant. Looks a genuine threat every time he gets within shooting distance.
Him Kent and Morelos are tearing teams apart and I still think they are 2nd gear. Exciting prospect to have them all fully fit. Hopefully the 2nd January is the day it really clicks.

I can't wait to see him against the scum on 2 January.

When they mention who they had out in the last game, they tend to ignore the fact we didn't have Roofe and Aribo.

Imagine Kent, Roofe and Morelos against their defence!...

When it was mentioned that we were interested, I laughed as I thought there was no chance, we won the lottery getting this guy for circa £3.5m

I can't wait to see him against the scum on 2 January.

When they mention who they had out in the last game, they tend to ignore the fact we didn't have Roofe and Aribo.

Imagine Kent, Roofe and Morelos against their defence!...
With Aribo and Arfield arriving from midfield in support.

Back