Kemar Roofe : Outstanding player.

He is a brilliantly clever footballer, he constantly finds space for himself all over the pitch. Kent Alfie Roofe is as good a forward line as we have seen at our club imo. They ave everything, but what impresses most is the work rate, all three of them set the tone for the rest of the team last night.

He is the best "striker" of a ball at the club, when he connects it stays hit.

Tin hat on but I find Roofe a bit of a frustrating footballer to watch . Aesthetically he isn’t pleasing on the eye and seems to bungle around the pitch of that makes sense . I think the socks down at the ankles and ungainly run exaggerates this as well .

Now before anyone starts questioning this view , and I know I’ll be in a minority of one probably , let me just say all of the above matters not a jot when he slams in goals like last night and against liege . He is clearly a terrifically effective player when fit and must be so hard to play against , he pulls defenders about and is a nuisance in the air as well . He is a player we needed and I’m glad we have got him.

My own personal preference or what I find pleasing on the eye in football terms thankfully has nothing to do with it !:))

Tin hat on but I find Roofe a bit of a frustrating footballer to watch . Aesthetically he isn’t pleasing on the eye and seems to bungle around the pitch of that makes sense . I think the socks down at the ankles and ungainly run exaggerates this as well .

Now before anyone starts questioning this view , and I know I’ll be in a minority of one probably , let me just say all of the above matters not a jot when he slams in goals like last night and against liege . He is clearly a terrifically effective player when fit and must be so hard to play against , he pulls defenders about and is a nuisance in the air as well . He is a player we needed and I’m glad we have got him.

My own personal preference or what I find pleasing on the eye in football terms thankfully has nothing to do with it !:))
You are mental. Get yourself a GP appointment.

The guy is class. How can you say he is not pleasing on the eye when he is full of fight and technique?

You are mental. Get yourself a GP appointment.

The guy is class. How can you say he is not pleasing on the eye when he is full of fight and technique?
I’d ask you to look at my comments in full . As I said it’s personal preference I like close control , dribbling , low centre of gravity type forwards . In no way am I saying Roofe isn’t an excellent player . I thought I’d made that clear .

I’d ask you to look at my comments in full . As I said it’s personal preference I like close control , dribbling , low centre of gravity type forwards . In no way am I saying Roofe isn’t an excellent player . I thought I’d made that clear .
You are definitely mental as he has great control and is a low centre of gravity forward. It's how he spins players so easily.

You are definitely mental as he has great control and is a low centre of gravity forward. It's how he spins players so easily.
He’s tall and ungainly in my opinion . Nothing to do with being mental , people are allowed to have preferences as to what players they like without insults being levelled or people getting offended . He’s an excellent addition and I said it’s personal preference on style .

He’s tall and ungainly in my opinion . Nothing to do with being mental , people are allowed to have preferences as to what players they like without insults being levelled or people getting offended . He’s an excellent addition and I said it’s personal preference on style .
He’s 5 foot 10 not an opinion, that’s a fact. Don’t think that counts as tall.

One of his main strengths is his low centre of gravity vs his opponent ffs

The quality of our front 3 is tremendous.

It's weird though, with Roofe I'm still not exactly sure what type of player he is or what his biggest strengths are etc.

He was a handful tonight the full game and his finish was top notch.

He's at his best through the middle. Terrific movement and is very good with his back to goal, he is incredibly strong. I don't think he's at his best playing off the wing but he's a clever player so can do a job for us there, and if he's still chipping in with goals we can't really complain.

I would like to see him playing as the #10/just off the Striker in a 4231 with Kent and Aribo wide of Alfie. That front 4 would rip the jobbers to bits in Scotland.

He’s 5 foot 10 not an opinion, that’s a fact. Don’t think that counts as tall.

One of his main strengths is his low centre of gravity vs his opponent ffs
It’s all about opinions and we all have our favourites bud . I’m just grateful for a front three of Kent , Morelos and Roofe all with different abilities .

I loved the way he nodded his head when celebrating just because he knew how good it was, so confident and a brilliant footballer.

Please stop with this nonsense.

Reactions: fmp
I’ve no idea how an EPL side has never taken a chance on him. He maybe drifts in and out of games but he is a player that seems to be able to take that half chance in tight games or have a wee moment of magic. Also he works his socks off. Could be we make a wee profit on him if he keeps it up and the EPL scouts start taking a look.

As usual, I don't think think the Scottish media want to talk him up, but they may also be looking too closely at the east end to have noticed how good Roofe is. When I watched some clips of him just after he arrived, it looked as though he was the good header of the ball that we've been missing for a while. It's been great to see that he's also both willing to take a shot from any distance but also good at hitting the target.

@Blue Steel agreed pal, if he didnt have the injuries hes had he wouldnt be anywhere near Scotland, but thankfully hes here now! If he carries on improving his current form we may have a job to keep hold of him mate.
The one player recent years , I’ve heard mentally challengeds pissed we got him , coming into his prime , so not fussed about what we make on the boy , but just keep him fit and get his best years ,

That's exactly what he is ya mad man!

You could see the minute he stepped onto the pitch in his first game he looked a level above. His movement, first touch, intelligence you could see straight from the start. Glad the goals and assists are flying in now.

I’ll go all out and say he will pull bigger numbers this season than Morelos and Eduoard.

Outstanding footballer. It's what he does off the ball that is the difference. Movement is unlocking all the defences we have struggled with in the past. This team is like a jigsaw. Last season it was almost complete but there were a few bits we just couldn't find. Stevie had a good rummage about and has found the missing bits.

He’s a class act. Looks so comfortable on the ball plus he works his balls off. One surprise is I thought he was “just” a striker but he’s so much more than that.

Our front line is the most exciting for years roofe in particular excites me he does the unexpected and takes chances.

Back