Kemar Roofe - Scan required, missing for the ‘short term’

Would you buy a luxury car that continually breaks down and has a bad history of it ?
We need to either get someone who can fix him or admit that we mucked up in buying him based on bad advice and just accept it as that, which is something we can't really afford.

What a bizarre reason to suggest that’s the case?

It’s just annoying when you’ve been told that it’s very possible he can make the weekend, the game arrives and he’s not even on the bench and then it’s explained after that he’s actually not going to be available for the next few weeks.
Bizarre? The element of surprise plays a massive part in just about every competition.

Informing our opponents of players unavailable to us let’s them tailor their preparation to players that are available.

Not giving our opponents unnecessary information is more important than preventing childish fans from getting their hopes up.

Bizarre? The element of surprise plays a massive part in just about every competition.

Informing our opponents of players unavailable to us let’s them tailor their preparation to players that are available.

Not giving our opponents unnecessary information is more important than preventing childish fans from getting their hopes up.
That would be an excellent point if Gerrard didn't share who is available and who isn't available nearly every single pre-match press conference.

Again, if you read some of my posts further on in the thread than quoting something towards the beginning, you'd see I'm being critical about Gerrard setting expectations for the injury initially and then saying two days later he's going to be out of action for a few weeks.

Seems odd to go from "very hopeful he will pull through to the weekend" to "we've done a scan and something has come up" and then not explaining why a scan was required now when there was no mention of it post match Thursday or Friday morning.

The idea would have been to give Roofe 60 minutes on Thursday. As frustrating as it is this is a guy who needs minutes and so the decision was grounded in logic. Gerrard's wording was unfortunate but these things can change hourly. He may have woke up the following morning feeling a tightness or whatever.

The only thing about his calf injury that gives me hope is that if there was something really bad there then surely the medical team would have flagged it up in his medical. You can't blame folk for being worried though.

See you on Valentines day Kemar
So frustrating ... people come back quicker from car crashes than some of our players.

That would be an excellent point if Gerrard didn't share who is available and who isn't available nearly every single pre-match press conference.

Again, if you read some of my posts further on in the thread than quoting something towards the beginning, you'd see I'm being critical about Gerrard setting expectations for the injury initially and then saying two days later he's going to be out of action for a few weeks.

Seems odd to go from "very hopeful he will pull through to the weekend" to "we've done a scan and something has come up" and then not explaining why a scan was required now when there was no mention of it post match Thursday or Friday morning.

Well if he used it every week people would eventually click onto it.

People think they are owed far more than they are. Yeah it’s good to know exactly what’s happening all the time but the team comes first.

Well if he used it every week people would eventually click onto it.

People think they are owed far more than they are. Yeah it’s good to know exactly what’s happening all the time but the team comes first.
Where have I said that I am entitled to know and that I am demanding an explanation?

Injuries happen and they are part of the game. I am only questioning why there has been a drastic change of message so quickly.

I'm not going to lose sleep over not knowing the exact reason.

I haven't made up my mind about Roofe way too early to judge but I always think why did Anderlecht sell him so easily, it can only be down to his injury problems rather than what he could do if he played on a regular basis.

I never knew who Roofe was until we were interested and even I picked up he is very injury prone.

Absolutely not what we need and will be a Prodan Mk2. Normally 2 weeks out for us is 3 months therefore 4-6 weeks out Im taking as being we'll see him again in March.

You obviously don't know who Prodan was either if you are comparing a guy who never played for us due to a horrific injury to a guy with a dodgy calf who already has 4,5 appearances and two goals for the club.

Prodan was the absolute top of the scale as in worst case scenario when assessing injuries. Roofe has missed one game.

Morelos,Roofe,Jack,Barker...we are fully of players who can't stay fit and in good form for a good amount of a season.

To be honest given the lads track record of injuries past year or so its not a surprise he wil pick up knocks.
The reason we should've probably looked elsewhere. He's been brought in at expense (to us) to be a key player. Can see why we wanted him his movement and awareness are a class above most in Scottish football. But that's not much use if he's injured large amounts of time.

The reason we should've probably looked elsewhere. He's been brought in at expense (to us) to be a key player. Can see why we wanted him his movement and awareness are a class above most in Scottish football. But that's not much use if he's injured large amounts of time.
I can see that. Its something that can balance itself out too if we have a good enough squad. We shall see.

Might just be me, but I've noticed over the years that these sort of injures generally happen to teams where the management out a lot of emphasis on training, and being a good trainer in order to get picked. This obviously forces players to go all out in training, sometimes above and beyond which leads to a higher number of player injuries.

If we sell Morellos this window we will go into the next crucial run of games including the Mhanks with only Itten and Dafoe as our striking options, hopefully Dafoe stays fit.

If we sell Morellos this window we will go into the next crucial run of games including the Mhanks with only Itten and Dafoe as our striking options, hopefully Dafoe stays fit.

How in the %^*& have you spelt Jermaine’s name wrong twice in the same post?

Depends how quickly we get his replacement in.
You can guarantee we will have someone in mind.

tenor.gif

Back