Kemar Roofe

Yeah 100% the way we've been playing style wise but I wouldn't suddenly be panicked if Morelos got poached on the eve of a CL qualifier, he'd be more than good enough at that level as a no.9 against the likes of a Legia or a PAOK
Yep, agree with that.

I actually thought he showed encouraging signs today and against Cove that his sharpness is coming back. He's getting close to full fitness again and we need to keep playing him as he was our main man from around Oct to Jan Old Firm game when he got injured.

If you watch him closely his movement is sensational and he's a constant goal threat. It's not a coincidence he scores so many goals from around 6-10 yards out. He's a nightmare for defenders to pick up with his sharp movement.

I don't know what game people watch and what players they see at times.

Roofe is a good player but struggles with injuries and form whilst coming back from injury.

Last game against the scrum he was worse than shite, defo need more from him.

Was poor today, it rarely seems to work with Morelos and Roofe.

I think a forward line of Kent, Morelos, Wright next week would cause them more problems.

There is no doubting he’s a decent footballer however I struggle to see how he fits in our style of play. He’s not got a burst of pace. He’s not got a trick to go by someone. He can’t play the Morelos role.

It’s a squad game though and he has contributed with goals this season so he’s not been a bad signing I just don’t think you can say he’s been excellent either though. Can’t see him ever being a regular starter for us.

I still don't think he is up to speed. I would rather start Wright or Hagi on Saturday.

Said on match thread yesterday, talented player, but can't play him and Alfie in same team, they end up like a front 2, crowding an already crowded area, leaving Kent to roam about and try to find space wherever, this left Borna exposed pretty much all game. When you have Hagi in that 3, him and Kent are interchangeable and the pressure stays high up the park. Gut feeling is next week will see Arfield come back in and Aribo move up at the expense of Roofe. I would love to see Hagi start, keep Aribo a little deeper, or really mix it up, and play Kent, Roofe and Wright as front 3, pace in there would tear them apart

I think Roofe flatters to deceive and doesn’t do enough to be a regular starter.
You may well be right, "super sub" category and a good squad man, he's just not been up to the mark in recent games, otherwise, he may be carrying some knock(s), troubled with calf issues,beginning to think quit a few of them are carrying knocks, competition is so tight at Ibrox they are will to play through pain, suspected for a while Kent wasn't fully fit, he seems to be back in the groove now, Morales too, still puts in a good shift, bullies defenders and excellent link man but the sharpness of old not quit there imho, to me, he looks a tad heavy and leggy, hopefully he stays with us and gets back to full fit/form for the next season. Injuries are a bugger, the loss of Jack and Tav for the Celtic game(s) a concern (for me).

I’ve rarely known a player to divide opinion the way Roofe does amongst the Rangers support .

There is no doubting he’s a decent footballer however I struggle to see how he fits in our style of play. He’s not got a burst of pace. He’s not got a trick to go by someone. He can’t play the Morelos role.

It’s a squad game though and he has contributed with goals this season so he’s not been a bad signing I just don’t think you can say he’s been excellent either though. Can’t see him ever being a regular starter for us.
He's a very clever player, which to an extent, mitigates the apparent weaknesses in his game. He finds space where others can't, he's a composed finisher with head and foot.

A valuable squad member when fit.

One of the videos going about that summarised the journey of the season (think there was a couple of parts). I was struck watching it back just how many big moments Roofe had been involved in. His named just keep popping up and popping up.

Over the course of the season he has been far more hit than miss.

Agree with poster who says he needs to be 100 percent and sharp to get the best of him, but when he is like that he has been crucial to us winning the league and in Europe.

Morelos is the main man, and I am not sure how comfortable I would be if Roofe inherited that role, but I am more than happy him being a Rangers player.
Morelos is the main man but we should remember before Christmas it was Roofe scoring the goals not Alfie

I like him - especially when he's on song
I recognize he's a handful for most defenders & can be real asset even if he's off form

However I also have to admit he's not been anything like the threat he can be lately

I'm sure there's many reasons that have contributed to his mini-slump & I sincerely hope they can be quickly rectified- but meantime I'm not sure he's worthy of a starting slot at the moment

Maybe he's been brought back too soon from his injuries ? Maybe he needs more time to recover? Maybe he needs more game time to get back to match sharp?
It's a dilemma

But right now we've got Alfie & Itten that can surely be sufficient for the also rans in the league - & I'd be inclined to keep Roofe ticking along in reserve for the more important opponents
Who knows if that would work though ?

I do feel if we aim to come out and command the game from KO this weekend it is a bit of risk to select KR . Nevertheless he is actually;lay the best finisher we have and has that steal a goal skill.

re yesterday’s game I felt Itten came in and done well and it appeared to me that he was a type to be troubling there central defenders , looked to me like they were unsure of his movements and that’s always a vulnerability

Some strange comments on here. When he reaches full fitness he is one of our best players and he has shown that this season. Currently, I think Gerrard is giving him as many minutes as possible in order to allow him to get to that point.
When has he been full fit since first season at Leeds?

When has he been full fit since first season at Leeds?
I was one of the ones getting derided on here when we signed him for saying he is very injury prone and that isn’t going to change. That’s why we got him for the price we did though, he is an excellent player when fit.

You can't see a player who in his last proper run bagged 8 goals in 9 matches being a regular starter? It's understandable to worry he's never going to be able to stay fit over the course of a season but i can't see how you can question his ability or how he fits into the side. Kent has enough pace and trickery for the attack, when you play teams that sit back and don't give you any space you need more than one player like Morelos or Roofe who are able to get themselves into the right areas and put away the chances they get.

He just needs a run of uninterrupted games to get back on form, hopefully he can do so in the remaining games and get a good pre season behind him this summer.
I think you are right, if he gets a good pre season in then he could be the best player in the league next season.

I'd start Davis, Kamara and Hagi in midfield and Kent Morelos Wright upfront for the cup game. Aribo and Roofe to come on and impact second half.

I actually thought he showed encouraging signs today and against Cove that his sharpness is coming back. He's getting close to full fitness again and we need to keep playing him as he was our main man from around Oct to Jan Old Firm game when he got injured.

If you watch him closely his movement is sensational and he's a constant goal threat. It's not a coincidence he scores so many goals from around 6-10 yards out. He's a nightmare for defenders to pick up with his sharp movement.

I don't know what game people watch and what players they see at times.
I agree with this. I think a lot of people think along the lines of... "did he score? no? he's shite then"

I think he'll go in the summer, left England in bad terms and will jump for the Prem again. I think we can replace him and his calfs are made of paper mache. All in all he was poor yesterday I'd say but I'm a bit bitter he didn't get a booking.

He needs a couple of games to get going , think he will deliver at the weekend.
His goals this season have been invaluable.

Back