Kemar Roofe

It’s the I’m more staunch than you because I don’t criticise the team attitude.

Never understood it myself. I’ve been in pubs after shocking defeats and heard some mental takes, stuff far more mental than on hear. This place is no different.

I think it is. Some folk really do go overboard criticising everyone after defeats, but you see people having a go at anyone who’s critical in any sort of way, when in reality people have every right to criticise the team and manager for games like that.

I could accept being put out the cup by a good side who’ve really played well. But we’ve shat our pants in the dying seconds in both cups this season, both against dire sides.

If we can get our fee back we paid for him then sell ASAP.

But no team in their right mind it going to be looking to buy him given his last 6 months and injury form.

Look at his career, he won't have an injury free season, otherwise I'd agree with you.
I’ve seen his career records.

we obviously never signed him based on that tho. That’s the first thing they have analysed surely and decided they can take and gamble and make an improvement on...

If your not physically strong and quick, plus game as f*ck with your attitude you will get eaten alive.

Roofe in his head probably thinks he’s above this league but his goal return doesn’t reflect his general game, which is not near this level right now.

Roofe has been a great signing who has scored several crucial goals for us. Especially when Morelos was suspended and lacking form at the start of a season.
Since October he has been awful. So you can’t really claim he’s been a great signing based on the start of a season.

For his wages, transfer fee, injuries, appearances , european exploits I would have expected more.

A below average signing imo

People angry at yet another shocking cup exit and letting off steam.

Don't come on if you want everyone to be holding hands.

Or people can not come on if they’re going to be insufferable cunts.

I don’t see why people behaving rationally should be the ones to stay away. What a stupid outlook.

He's been poor since his injury which he was rushed back from and just doesn't look fit. Might be better next year with a pre-season in him but not sure he's going to be available for a full season due to injuries.

Roofe is our third highest scorer this season.

Some of the comments on here about him are absolutely embarrassing.

It’s been bubbling for weeks, I suspect largely from tims who have had nothing else to do for the last month.

Sorry but if you add up everything he is struggling to get something going. He is not the replacement for Morelos we hoped, another option is required if Morelos moves on.

Or people can not come on if they’re going to be insufferable cunts.

I don’t see why people behaving rationally should be the ones to stay away. What a stupid outlook.

That's the way it's always been on here.

I've seen plenty of reasonable posts talking about the game. it's really not difficult to ignore the people who you think are loonballs.

That's the way it's always been on here.

I've seen plenty of reasonable posts talking about the game. it's really not difficult to ignore the people who you think are loonballs.

The arseholes well out number the rational folk on nights like this.

They can’t understand you can be disappointed with tonight, whilst not wanting players sold. People saying the season has been a failure due to no cups are too stupid for words.

He’s really disappointed me since the turn of the year and the last two games has shown up either a lack of focus or a sheer laziness to his play. Game management and sleeping to mark that keeper is unacceptable.

Since October he has been awful. So you can’t really claim he’s been a great signing based on the start of a season.

For his wages, transfer fee, injuries, appearances , european exploits I would have expected more.

A below average signing imo
That’s my opinion mate. Without his key goals the league would’ve been a lot closer at the turn of the year and who knows what could’ve happened.
Agree on his injury record and this needs to get resolved. His goals record is close 1 in 2 for someone who has to play second fiddle to Morelos a lot of the time.

The arseholes well out number the rational folk on nights like this.

They can’t understand you can be disappointed with tonight, whilst not wanting players sold. People saying the season has been a failure due to no cups are too stupid for words.
Can't say the loonballs are outnumbering the reasonable posts personally. I see some interesting debates.

So who’s going to spend £4m+ on someone with that injury record?

If you think he’s an adequate Morelos replacement your head is in the sand
He wasn’t signed as a replacement though to be fair, he was signed to play as one of the 10’s but in the main I agree he’s been poor.

Contributed big moments that were pivotal in our success though, so gets a pass from me (just now).

So who’s going to spend £4m+ on someone with that injury record?

If you think he’s an adequate Morelos replacement your head is in the sand
He wasn't signed as a Morelos replacement, though.

He was brought in to help Morelos, which - incidentally - he has. Morelos has only scored two more than Roofe this season.

He’s a quality player, but his injury record and a few daft moments over the season which have cost us mean I’d say he has been a bit of a failure so far this season. I’d probably look to trade up and either sell him or have him as first reserve striker and bin Itten (who I think is really poor- no offence)

He wasn't signed as a Morelos replacement, though.

He was brought in to help Morelos, which - incidentally - he has. Morelos has only scored two more than Roofe this season.

Sorry to be clear I meant if Morelos leaves I wouldn’t be comfortable with him being the main striker.

Hes a talented player but capable of terrible errors of judgement. I'd punt him if I thought we could get a more reliable player in his place, but I don't think that's possible; certainly not with his ability. I'd hold on to him for an extra season and see it Gerrard can get him to screw the nut down

How can he be a Morelos replacement when he more often than not plays next to Alfredo.

He couldn't replace Morelos in any fashion not even close

He's looked better playing as a striker for us though than the no10 role I think that's where everyone is coming from.

If we can get our money back on him we must take it and reinvest

I’m not quite sure either.

Bunch of bellends made up their mind 6 weeks ago that he was pish, and they’ve been pushing the narrative since.
It’s crazy, I’m gutted tonight but looking on here and social media we have a quite frankly pathetic support at times. I’m laughing at Herrard getting blamed for game management when surely that’s down to the 11 on the park haha. We were poor and quite honestly got what we deserved

It’s crazy, I’m gutted tonight but looking on here and social media we have a quite frankly pathetic support at times. I’m laughing at Herrard getting blamed for game management when surely that’s down to the 11 on the park haha. We were poor and quite honestly got what we deserved

Spot on.

The hard of thinking will be along to tell you that must mean you’re happy with defeat.

What exactly is he getting slaughtered for tonight not picking up a 6’5 goalkeeper?

I wouldn’t necessarily slaughter him, but yeah, he was supposed to pick him up, didn’t and they scored as a result. That’s surely worthy of criticism? As is the general no show across the time he was on the pitch and the penalty miss. Scored quite a few vital goals for us early in the season but he’s really been a let down in the second half of the season.

I wouldn’t necessarily slaughter him, but yeah, he was supposed to pick him up, didn’t and they scored as a result. That’s surely worthy of criticism? As is the general no show across the time he was on the pitch and the penalty miss. Scored quite a few vital goals for us early in the season but he’s really been a let down in the second half of the season.
Well the first mistake is a man of Roofes size marking him. So there we go

Well the first mistake is a man of Roofes size marking him. So there we go

You still need to actually mark him though, apply some pressure, he’s a goalkeeper so even a little bit of pressure and he probably doesn’t connect well with the cross. Why would it ever be acceptable to say “ahh %^*& it the goalie is taller than him so I can’t blame him for saying ‘%^*& it’ and not bothering to pick him up”?

He deserves criticism for that showing.

I think it is. Some folk really do go overboard criticising everyone after defeats, but you see people having a go at anyone who’s critical in any sort of way, when in reality people have every right to criticise the team and manager for games like that.

I could accept being put out the cup by a good side who’ve really played well. But we’ve shat our pants in the dying seconds in both cups this season, both against dire sides.
I think we were the architects of our own downfall tonight however I think credit must be given to St Johnstone they outfought and out maneuvered us.
If we had played like that and sneaked a victory against a top European team it would be hailed as a masterstroke.

My only complaint is that he shouldn’t have taken Morelos off.

Back