Kemar Roofe

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Pontiac Bandit

Does anyone know if he has stayed on with Jamaica?

They have a game in the early hours of tomorrow in Honduras.

If he is still with the squad then I can't see him starting vs Hearts on Saturday which is annoying as Jamaica have no chance of making the World Cup.

Does anyone know if he has stayed on with Jamaica?

They have a game in the early hours of tomorrow in Honduras.

If he is still with the squad then I can't see him starting vs Hearts on Saturday which is annoying as Jamaica have no chance of making the World Cup.
He's in Honduras,posted on his Instagram.

At the end of the last international break, he played for Jamaica in the early hours of the Wednesday and started against St Johnstone at 12.30 on the Saturday.

EDIT: Apologies didn't notice it's the Thursday he's playing this time. Pish.

Last edited:
If he done the same last international break(according to the poster above) then he’ll be fine for the weekend then.

At the end of the last international break, he played for Jamaica in the early hours of the Wednesday and started against St Johnstone at 12.30 on the Saturday.
It will depend on where the game was tho. This one is in Honduras. Is that not roughly a 15 hour flight?

If he done the same last international break(according to the poster above) then he’ll be fine for the weekend then.
He said early hours of Wednesday but the OP is early hours of Thursday so it’s a days less recovery.

He's playing 24 hours later this time though i believe - early hours of Thursday morning this time. That will have an impact. Then long flight back from Honduras via wherever.

Can't see him starting on Saturday at all.

Roofe didn't play in the game against Costa Rica in that break, he was home after the game on 5th September (Sunday).

He'll be on the bench, at the most, on Saturday.

Certainly not starting. No chance.

Hate these internationals.
Absolutely. I despise international football now, aside from the major tournaments.

With our injuries and players away, I am concerned about this Hearts game.

They will have had a free fortnight effectively.

Bench at best, but I think its unlikely he'll feature at all

Although Marvin Andrews managed it in the past

Watched him in the Canada game,looked as if he didn’t want to be there.
Brutal game to watch,and he did miss a pinch to win the game.:(

Absolutely. I despise international football now, aside from the major tournaments.

With our injuries and players away, I am concerned about this Hearts game.

They will have had a free fortnight effectively.
They could have a free month and theyd still have Robbie Neilson as manager.

Kemar Roofe disappearing off to far flung venues with all sorts of weird travel times is somewhere south of ideal and, although it must be good for him, Id rather he think about Rangers first and what he owes the club. Rangers brought him back to the UK and gave him the chance to play on a big European stage which in turn has led to International call ups. His availability for us has been very patchy and our squad generally is not at its best currently.

Really he should be saying Ill miss this trip to work on my fitness and make sure Im in for 90 mins with Rangers.

I can see the appeal for him for internationals. However being selfish, it isn't ideal for us and I'd rather he had a consistent run of being fit and firing. He'd be playing every week for me just for his movement and finishing ability. He'll be lucky to make the bench this weekend given the travel.

Being totally selfish and probably unrealistic here but its certainly doing us no favours having Roofe, with his patchy injury record as it is, beginning to play CONCACAF internationals in the Caribbean and central Americas at 28/29 resulting in him arriving back the day before a game for us.

I totally get why he wants to play international football, I'm sure it feels special to him & for his family.

But aye have to admit I was surprised he started accepting call ups at 28 with persistent calf injuries.

Meanwhile Boyce and Smith of Hearts don’t bother their arses playing for NI, while our 36 yr old midfielder played both games. They have a huge advantage Saturday, make no mistake.

Meanwhile Boyce and Smith of Hearts don’t bother their arses playing for NI, while our 36 yr old midfielder played both games. They have a huge advantage Saturday, make no mistake.
Davis won’t start. Him playing international football is now impacting his club football minutes.

Being totally selfish and probably unrealistic here but its certainly doing us no favours having Roofe, with his patchy injury record as it is, beginning to play CONCACAF internationals in the Caribbean and central Americas at 28/29 resulting in him arriving back the day before a game for us.
I get what you mean, The gaffer won’t stand in anyones way when it comes to playing for their respective countries, it’s always a wish and a prayer when it comes to so many going away all over the world during these international breaks!

It will depend on where the game was tho. This one is in Honduras. Is that not roughly a 15 hour flight?
He flew to America first played 30 minutes against them then back to Jamaica for 90 minutes against Canada then to Honduras. Done some amount of travelling in a short space of time and fling in Kamara who was in Kazakhstan as well.

His choice that he’s entitled to make.

Always shows ability and just when you think things are going to fall into place for him to be our main man, there’s another disruption. Usually just injury or suspension.

International football just another disruption to add to that list unfortunately.

European clubs are going to take a stance on this, especially with World Cup going to every 2 years, UEFA wont be far behind with Euros every 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back