Kemar Roofe

Based on ability he is a very good player, and one of the best we have on the ball; but I'd like to see him go.

Do you mean Morelos who decided to choose Columbia over Rangers at the most important point in our season?
Can we trust him not to do that again?

Roofes fitness will always be an issue.

International call ups and attendance are not an optional thing. If he didn't go, he would be suspended anyway.

If anything, the club should be looking at how to build relationships with FAs to avoid that scenario.

It's not the fault of Morelos.

Great striker. 30 goals in 55 domestic appearances is really good. Equivalent to 21 goals across a full league season. He demonstrated with his performance against Braga that he has the ability to take it up a level further.

But he's too injury prone. Same thing a Leeds fan told me before we signed him.

TBF, last season in particular he scored, a lot of, dead goals is probably harsh, but, not goals that I wouldn't expect a forward to score, or that AN other couldn't score if taking penalties.

Yes all goals count but if you dig much into his goal return last season

3 rd in a 3-0 win v Livvy
6th in a 6-1 win v Motherwell - that actually wasn't even his goal TBF
4th and 5th in a 5-0 win v Dunfermline.
2nd in a 3-0 win v Annan

Again, admirable, but in reality this is not a thing AN other, ie Tav is capable of, Roofe scored penalties against St Johnston, Hibs and St Mirren

The best part of half of his goal return last season, is all pretty replaceable by players who could score them (penalties Tav) and a lot oft the other goals just by another who would likely play more, and also score more.

Roofe last season, he only scored about 7 goals that were genuinely game shifting for us, that is even giving him the benefit of penalties, that is a bit stinking TBH given his role in the squad

TBF, last season in particular he scored, a lot of, dead goals is probably harsh, but, not goals that I wouldn't expect a forward to score, or that AN other couldn't score if taking penalties.

Yes all goals count but if you dig much into his goal return last season

3 rd in a 3-0 win v Livvy
6th in a 6-1 win v Motherwell - that actually wasn't even his goal TBF
4th and 5th in a 5-0 win v Dunfermline.
2nd in a 3-0 win v Annan

Again, admirable, but in reality this is not a thing AN other, ie Tav is capable of, Roofe scored penalties against St Johnston, Hibs and St Mirren

The best part of half of his goal return last season, is all pretty replaceable by players who could score them (penalties Tav) and a lot oft the other goals just by another who would likely play more, and also score more.

Roofe last season, he only scored about 7 goals that were genuinely game shifting for us, that is even giving him the benefit of penalties, that is a bit stinking TBH given his role in the squad

Breaking down a strikers goal return ffs.

Mon, you.

He is a 1 in 2 guy when fit.

I’m not sure his decision to play international football is helping him, hopefully he realises this before it is too late.

Would get rid tomorrow in all honesty.

I’d rather have a player who didn’t ‘get it’ quite as much but could play 25 games in a row.

Injury prone since the summer of 2018 when still at Leeds. Struggled with injury since moving to Anderlecht. You just knew when Morelos was ruled out with injury that Roofe wouldn’t stay fit.

Stop start Rangers career. When he’s on form. He’s a player. Sadly it’s for a very short period of time and each time he returns from injury, it takes him time to get going.

If a club(s) are interested I would 100% sell.

We need players that are going to be available, business end of the season especially. We can’t go into another season relying on Morelos.

Roofe and Itten need moved on IMO.

I like the sentiment but as one of the highest earners in the group we need someone more reliable and able to at least participate in 40 games a season.

We were well aware Kamar had injury problems when he signed, he came as a double header with Itten. The problem has been Itten. Don’t think we ever expected Roofe to be available all the time, have been very unlucky with Alfie. My vote goes with Cole McKinnon as back up front man

FollowFolow is hilarious. Let's sell Roofe, who can't stay fit. It won't bother the buying club he can't stay fit ?
Let's release him. Do you realise he'll want his contract paid up, about £2m minimum before tax ?

It adds context to his goal return and I do watch us TBF

Where is this he has no real interest in going down South thing coming from?

Lol, I haven't spoke one-on-one with Kemar to establish that mate. Was more based on the fact he evidently enjoys life up here with his family (unlike a lot of players who don't move) and his dugs. His interest is irrelevant since it won't manifest anyway.

Breaking down goals to forensics like that ffs. Actual wee guy patter. Next you'll be on here arguing about Messi and Ronaldo with Danger Zone and Wilso.

Lol, I haven't spoke one-on-one with Kemar to establish that mate. Was more based on the fact he evidently enjoys life up here with his family (unlike a lot of players who don't move) and his dugs. His interest is irrelevant since it won't manifest anyway.

Breaking down goals to forensics like that ffs. Actual wee guy patter. Next you'll be on here arguing about Messi and Ronaldo with Danger Zone and Wilso.

AH OK so it was bollocks, fair enough.

re second point, ehmm aye, sure, if you don't think about football with that much depth that's on you TBF, I watch Rangers though

Roofe's a great player, but every player has his price.

If we're selling it will need to be a high bid.

Contracted until 2024; one of the most popular lads in the dressing room. Played, basically, with one leg in the final yet set a chance up that almost won us the cup. Not to mention the penalty he put away.

He won't be going anywhere in the summer. With such a high turnover of players already in terms of expired contracts etc., I really doubt someone like Roofe will be going.

He missed a lot of last season, but was still close to hitting 20 goals (17). Need him to stay fit and have the biggest season of his Rangers career next year!

Can't think of many other Rangers players like him who "get it" and you just want to stay fit.

From memory, his best number of consecutive starts this season was 5 PB ?

He also had 3 consecutive starts after Morelos injury & was injured again.

Is that acceptable for a guy who’s paid 25k or so a week mate ?

AH OK so it was bollocks, fair enough.

re second point, ehmm aye, sure, if you don't think about football with that much depth that's on you TBF, I watch Rangers though

"last season in particular he scored, a lot of, dead goals is probably harsh, but, not goals that I wouldn't expect a forward to score"

You are the one that came away with that pish. You'd have hated watching the likes of McCoist and Boyd at times BTW.

Out of interest, does anyone know how many games he missed because of injury, and how many games he missed because he wasn't first pick?

"last season in particular he scored, a lot of, dead goals is probably harsh, but, not goals that I wouldn't expect a forward to score"

You are the one that came away with that pish. You'd have hated watching the likes of McCoist and Boyd at times BTW.

You have went full shambles here, don't do this, don't try and compare goal return and importance of goals the likes of McCoist and Boyd scored v alot of those Roofe scored last season.

Imagine getting 60 games out of Roofe and Morelos. We’d win a treble at a canter. Roofe on the right Ofcourse

He takes a few games to get up to speed, then maybe has 2 or 3 games playing with great intensity, then he's injured again. It's very risky to rely on a player like that. His injury rate actually seems to be getting worse

We won't get a better backup striker for the money we paid for him.

Hopefully bed him in gently during pre season and take extra care with his issues.

If we can coax 25 league games out of him this season it should be enough for him go rack up the goals

There's no way any side is paying a decent fee for someone to keep the club doc busy. If he stays he'll continue to take a meaty wage, continue to be regularly unavailable for selection, until his contract runs out.
Not ideal.
Its not ideal. However, if we release him we pay up his contract. We arent handing a couple of million to roofe while he is still scoring goals at every level for us. Not a chance.

His injuries are a constant concern but you cannot ignore his return rate in goals despite injuries. Him and Morelos are very different players but Roofe is a far better finisher than Morelos. Morelos really lacks composure in front of goal and tends to go for power when a more measured and composed finish would be better.

Ideally we keep both and use both frequently and Roofe stays injury free but lets be honest that is not going to happen. If someone comes in with a 2-3m bid for Roofe I would cut our losses at let him leave with a heavy heart of what could've been.

We won't get a better backup striker for the money we paid for him.

Hopefully bed him in gently during pre season and take extra care with his issues.

If we can coax 25 league games out of him this season it should be enough for him go rack up the goals

if

Its not ideal. However, if we release him we pay up his contract. We arent handing a couple of million to roofe while he is still scoring goals at every level for us. Not a chance.
He'll only leave, if a bid comes in, I agree.
But players and clubs have done, and do part ways by mutual consent. We need his wages, for other players, and he wants to leave, or other club wants him, but don't want to pay a fee for a perma-injured player.

Are the goals he scored last season really that difficult to replace?
I’d argue they are given how much we’ve struggled to add regular goalscorers to the team in

He was our top scorer the season before and over the course of his time with us he’s averaging a goal every second game.

I can’t see the sense in rolling the dice on someone contributing the goals that Roofe does.

The problem is we have a spine of our team who might or might no give us half a season fit (Helander, Jack, Roofe).

You can't build anything with that. And if you add in the other players who are regularly injured then you have to look at what type of squad you are building. Btw, I am not against Roofe at all, I think he is a great striker.
I’d happily sell the three of them including Ryan Jack. Even a million each, take it and get them off the wage bill.

Otherwise it’s more of the same next season they will play 20/25 games each at a push. I think Helander has managed 36 games in 3 seasons. Fcking appalling.

I’d argue they are given how much we’ve struggled to add regular goalscorers to the team in

He was our top scorer the season before and over the course of his time with us he’s averaging a goal every second game.

I can’t see the sense in rolling the dice on someone contributing the goals that Roofe does.

How many goals did he score, from open play that were genuinely important last season?

You have went full shambles here, don't do this, don't try and compare goal return and importance of goals the likes of McCoist and Boyd scored v alot of those Roofe scored last season.

It was more drawing a comparison with your woeful logic. It was such a ridiculous point.

I would back us to pretty comfortably replace a lot of the goals Roofe scored last season.

It took Gerrard 3 seasons to find the goals (ie Roofe's goals) to lift the weight of Morelos' shoulders. Roofe won us the league 2 seasons ago with his goals in the winter months when Morelos hit a dry patch (which he does every season).

There's no guarantee spending 4-5m on a Roofe replacement would replace his goals ''easily''. We spent over 2m on Itten who has been dreadful and there are numerous examples at Celtic in recent memory of them spending millions on absolute duds.

Great player when fit but unfortunately the likes of him and Helander can't be relied on to play enough games.

It took Gerrard 3 seasons to find the goals (ie Roofe's goals) to lift the weight of Morelos' shoulders. Roofe won us the league 2 seasons ago with his goals in the winter months when Morelos hit a dry patch (which he does every season).

There's no guarantee spending 4-5m on a Roofe replacement would replace his goals ''easily''. We spent over 2m on Itten who has been dreadful and there are numerous examples at Celtic in recent memory of them spending millions on absolute duds.

Spot on. I understand the concerns over Roofe's injuries, but he's most certainly not easily replaceable in the market we're shopping in.

Breaking down a strikers goal return ffs.

Mon, you.
It adds context to his goal return and I do watch us TBF

Where is this he has no real interest in going down South thing coming from?
Souness said about Mo Johnston (in a not so veiled dig at McCoist) that “he scores the 1 in a 1-0, not the 4th in a 4-0” ,so putting goals in context is valid.

Roofe is what, 30 next birthday?
He should be at his absolute peak, but his career has been inhibited by injuries, injuries not usually caused by tackles or contact, but by strains and tears and therein lies the problem.
The older you get the more prone to breakdowns you become and the longer it takes to recover.

That we need dependable players in the “centre forward” position is obvious, finding them is the tricky bit.

To say Roofe and his goals won us the league is a hell of a stretch.

Of course there isn't a guarantee and sure Itten, a few Celtic duds - Boyd, Jelavic, Morelos TBH generally can be good examples in football to counter bad, clubs would rarely simply retain players on the premise of well f*ck a team once signed poor players.

Good player, but physically fragile.

Seems to have a chronic calf problem.

‘Getting it’ isn’t enough for me I’m afraid. You need to be able to play two games per week consistently, if you are going to play for Rangers.
We played 7 games in the three weeks of May up to Saturdays final. His minutes were minimal.
Looking at the predicted fixture list for the first half of next season we are likely to have 8 games in each of August and November.
Being robust and available is going to mean a huge amount for any success next season.

A title run in, a European Cup Final along with a Scottish Cup final and not a striker in sight.

Main man and back up out injured. That’s no use. Roofe managed 3 minutes in Seville and 0 against Hearts.

He barely plays once a week let along Sunday - midweek - Sunday.

International call ups and attendance are not an optional thing. If he didn't go, he would be suspended anyway.

If anything, the club should be looking at how to build relationships with FAs to avoid that scenario.

It's not the fault of Morelos.
The scum players managed to do it, a waste of time as he's about 6th choice striker.

Can’t stay fit and quite frankly I’m fed up of seeing the same players playing a few games then missing for weeks/months

Half decent offer for Roofe, Helander etc then it’s goodbye IMO

Back