Kemar Roofe

prenzlauerbear

Contracted until 2024; one of the most popular lads in the dressing room. Played, basically, with one leg in the final yet set a chance up that almost won us the cup. Not to mention the penalty he put away.

He won't be going anywhere in the summer. With such a high turnover of players already in terms of expired contracts etc., I really doubt someone like Roofe will be going.

He missed a lot of last season, but was still close to hitting 20 goals (17). Need him to stay fit and have the biggest season of his Rangers career next year!

Can't think of many other Rangers players like him who "get it" and you just want to stay fit.

I like Roofe as a player.
Especially once he gets match sharp, if he and Alfie are to stay, we have to get a suitable second Roofe in, to cover his injuries and time taken to get sharp.

We can’t be left wanting again when Alfie hits a lean spell as he does, and Roofe isn’t available.

Supposed one of the teams top earners, but your lucky to get 20 full games out him.

I like him as a player but his fitness can't be relied upon.

Takes to big a wage to be a back up/3rd choice.

Wouldn't be surprised at all of he moves back down south to the Championship

Contracted until 2024; one of the most popular lads in the dressing room. Played, basically, with one leg in the final yet set a chance up that almost won us the cup. Not to mention the penalty he put away.

He won't be going anywhere in the summer. With such a high turnover of players already in terms of expired contracts etc., I really doubt someone like Roofe will be going.

He missed a lot of last season, but was still close to hitting 20 goals (17). Need him to stay fit and have the biggest season of his Rangers career next year!

Can't think of many other Rangers players like him who "get it" and you just want to stay fit.
Release. With regret. But at key point of season(and many other points), was unavailable for us through injury.
Would go with best wishes, but certainly for the thugs who play in our league, we need players who are robust.
Same with Helander. If possible, replace.

Good player, but physically fragile.

Seems to have a chronic calf problem.

‘Getting it’ isn’t enough for me I’m afraid. You need to be able to play two games per week consistently, if you are going to play for Rangers.

Point I was making with that is that, with so many other big names (most likely) out the dressing room next year — McGregor, Goldson, Aribo, Kent — you really need guys like this to step up.

He's on 22k or there abouts if sources are to be believed, so good luck shifting him. It's more a case of making it work.

We've too many injury prone players. We have to address that. I like Roofe but I think the striker position is one we need to strengthen. We finished the season with Aribo as our striker. That can't happen again. I wouldn't be desperate to offload Roofe but if a decent offer comes in I'd probably take it.

We have too many players who are lucky to play 20 games a season when we need guys who can play 50/60.

Roofe is one, Helander is another. If any bids at all come in for both of these players then I’d be accepting. It will be an interesting summer to say the least.

Great, clever player but he just can't be relied upon as part of our best 11 because he simply isn't available enough. I really like him but we are (allegedly) paying him a lot of money to effectively be a squad player. Granted, that is no fault of his own.

It's a difficult one, do we persist and hope he breaks the cycle of injuries and becomes a star in this team, or cut our losses (should a buyer come along) and reinvest the wages in someone who can start every week?

Point I was making with that is that, with so many other big names (most likely) out the dressing room next year — McGregor, Goldson, Aribo, Kent — you really need guys like this to step up.

He's on 22k or there abouts if sources are to be believed, so good luck shifting him. It's more a case of making it work.
His body is failing, only going to get worse as he ages.

You make it work by selling him to championship then investing the freed up wages into someone else.

In what way does he 'get it' over other players?

Release. With regret. But at key point of season(and many other points), was unavailable for us through injury.
Would go with best wishes, but certainly for the thugs who play in our league, we need players who are robust.
Same with Helander. If possible, replace.
There is absolutely no way we release a high earner with 2 more years on his deal.

He scores way too many goals for us to even consider letting him go.

I understand the concerns around his injury record but we simply don’t have enough regular goalscorers in our team. Selling Roofe only makes this issue significantly worse.

The answer is to sign another striker and have Alfie, Roofe and him compete for the number 9 spot.

Great player when fit but he's never fit for any length of time we need to get new strikers in as the current ones are not clinical enough, we need quick technically good players.

Given the number of chances our team create, our strikers should really be scoring a lot more goals than they do, and I include Morelos in that statement.

Roofe's goal return is not bad, but if we had a good CF who had a bit of composure in front of goal, they'd score a barrow load.

Last edited:
I'm sick of guys like Roofe, Helander, Jack etc being unreliable.

These guys are getting paid big money to sit on the treatment table constantly.

If rather look at it this way OP.. if Roofe could keep himself fit we'd probably have won the Europa League. Not for the first time him being injured had cost us.

If we could sell Roofe & Helander I'd do it in a heartbeat.

There is absolutely no way we release a high earner with 2 more years on his deal.
There's no way any side is paying a decent fee for someone to keep the club doc busy. If he stays he'll continue to take a meaty wage, continue to be regularly unavailable for selection, until his contract runs out.
Not ideal.

The problem is, he generally doesn't pick up injuries during games, where you can see why he got injured.

It's usually just a case of hearing he has picked up a knock and you don't see him again for weeks.

A player who`s career has been and continues to be dogged by injuries. As good as he is when fit we need a fit and firing striker when Morelos is out the team.

A half decent offer I would sell him. He is far to injury prone but I agree if we could get him playing 40 odd games a season he becomes an asset but sadly that is never happening.

The problem is we have a spine of our team who might or might no give us half a season fit (Helander, Jack, Roofe).

You can't build anything with that. And if you add in the other players who are regularly injured then you have to look at what type of squad you are building. Btw, I am not against Roofe at all, I think he is a great striker.

I’d have him as third choice striker next season, would look to bring in another striker as competition for Morelos.
Do you mean Morelos who decided to choose Columbia over Rangers at the most important point in our season?
Can we trust him not to do that again?

Roofes fitness will always be an issue.

I didn't say anything like that.....where is the no real interest in going down South bit coming from?

I mean, would you be going near a player like that unsolicited, when you know he's settled? Leeds if they got relegated maybe, but other than that, cant see it at all.

I like him as a player but we need players available as often as possible and that's where he fails sadly, his body let's him down too often.
He's rarely injured by a bad tackle and that's not a good trait to have.
For the wages he's supposedly on we could have two players.

He a brilliant player that chips in with goals.
But he'd injured too often.
As much as I love him, I hope we get a good bid for him.

Should have been on for all of extra time, they were there for the taking.

That was all I could think about on Thursday but I think Saturday showed us that both Ramsey and Roofe were simply not fit enough for more than 5 minutes and a penalty across both cup finals.

Gio didn’t manage our expectations very well, when he said ‘might be back for Seville’, we heard ‘defo fit for the final’.

They would have played if they could. They couldn’t.

I mean, would you be going near a player like that unsolicited, when you know he's settled? Leeds if they got relegated maybe, but other than that, cant see it at all.
Be lucky to cost anyone more than £2mill, the top teams in Championship can cover his wages no bother at all.

Massive fan of his as a player however as others say its his injuries. Plus when he comes back from injury it takes a god 3 games before hes actually quality again

Great striker. 30 goals in 55 domestic appearances is really good. Equivalent to 21 goals across a full league season. He demonstrated with his performance against Braga that he has the ability to take it up a level further.

But he's too injury prone. Same thing a Leeds fan told me before we signed him.

He may “get it” and is undoubtedly a very talented player, but there is ZERO chance of him staying fit for a season.

It’ll always be 6 or 7 matches, injured, rinse & repeat.

£26K apparently.

Back