Kemar Roofe

In the confines of Scottish football a boy on 28k a week and 5 million transfer fee cannot be justified with his injury record. Great player when fully up to speed. But that usually takes a while after another injury comeback. Then when he gets to that level it's not long before he's injured again. That £ on wages alone could be better spent. Shame but is what it is.

I want Roofe, Jack and Helander shipped out and replaced with players who are capable of playing more than half a season.

Not sure if that makes me less, or more staunch than the rest of FF.:confused:

The guy has contributed some fantastic goals to us since he came.

A real shame he is injury prone but that is probably the only reason we got him.

Hopefully he is back soon as is another great option to have on the bench. Saved us a few times from that position.

Wasn't Morelos at most games through his injury?

Roofe is in a boozer pulling pints? Haha. FF is gonna have a field day, will be checking back.

Like him a lot as a player on his day but I’d hope we’d be trying to come to sort of agreement to try and get him and Helander off the wage bill. They’re forgotten men.

Disagree.

Colak looks a better finisher, is stronger & so
Leads the line better, and also has started to make himself available outside the box more than Roofe.

In my mind, Colak is at least our number 2 striker.

A fully fit Roofe is miles ahead of Colak, I’m surprised you’re arguing it tbh.

In the confines of Scottish football a boy on 28k a week and 5 million transfer fee cannot be justified with his injury record. Great player when fully up to speed. But that usually takes a while after another injury comeback. Then when he gets to that level it's not long before he's injured again. That £ on wages alone could be better spent. Shame but is what it is.
How do you know what his wage is?

When fit can be excellent. Sadly not often fit.

Best finisher at the club and has excellent technique.

How do you know what his wage is?
That's what it's rumoured to be. How do you know it's not? 5 million fee. He will be 1 of highest earners between 25 and 30 a week. Whilst not knowing it exactly it's safe to say he will be in that bracket.

I don’t think there’s any real animosity towards Roofe, people are just tired of the absolutely inevitability RE his injuries and complete lack of reliability.

Him getting injured before the EL when we really truly needed him more than ever summed it up. Me and my mate joked he’d end up injured if we made the final and sure enough….

Again, it’s just the predictability of it all, it’s tiresome now. Jack getting less grief will be down the the fact he cost us bugger all, and I’m sure Roofe’s demeanour at times and penchant for spending as much time down South as possible will affect the mindset of some fans too; not me right enough.

But where's the criticism for Jack? Roofe as somehow turned into some sort of villain on here, we all said when we signed him that we were only getting him because of his injury record as otherwise he'd be well out of our reach so why are we now ganging up on him for being injured?
Jack was out for nearly a year recovering from an op to resolve his recurring issues.

Since returning in January he’s largely been fit and available far more than Roofe barring one slight niggle and having COVID.

I really don’t see it as a valid comparison, especially when you factor in their roles in the squad and likely drain on resources.

I don’t think there’s any real animosity towards Roofe, people are just tired of the absolutely inevitability RE his injuries and complete lack of reliability.

Him getting injured before the EL when we really truly needed him more than ever summed it up. Me and my mate joked he’d end up injured if we made the final and sure enough….

Again, it’s just the predictability of it all, it’s tiresome now. Jack getting less grief will be down the the fact he cost us bugger all, and I’m sure Roofe’s demeanour at times and penchant for spending as much time down South as possible will affect the mindset of some fans too; not me right enough.
To me Roofe is a class above Colak from what I've seen so far. But Colak looks as if he can be relied upon physically and knows where goal is.Roofe was a risk worth taking when we did. We have seen in flashes when he get fully match sharp how good he is. Sadly this usually happens before another injury then he needs to start the process over again.

Scored the greatest European goal in Rangers history imho but definitely needs offloaded.

To me Roofe is a class above Colak from what I've seen so far. But Colak looks as if he can be relied upon physically and knows where goal is.Roofe was a risk worth taking when we did. We have seen in flashes when he get fully match sharp how good he is. Sadly this usually happens before another injury then he needs to start the process over again.
Roofe’s a right good player when he’s fit and on form, I don’t think that’s up for debate. But he’s not reliable at all, and as much as people like to forget it even when he was available last season he was pretty bad at times too.

Been here 2 seasons and both years he’s played more games than Haaland has ever managed. Nobody goes on like our fans though.

Been here 2 seasons and both years he’s played more games than Haaland has ever managed. Nobody goes on like our fans though.
In those two seasons we’ve likely had 25+ more games than Dortmund though. Still a decent point right enough.

Why would Haaland even be relevant though? Roofe’s 29 years old and has had a history of injury problems going back 5 or more seasons. Haaland’s only just turned 22 and may well overcome his issues, but at this stage there’s no long term trend; add to that we’ve probably played more games than Dortmund. Messi had a lot of lengthy injuries in his first couple of seasons as a first team player too and afterwards barely missed a game for several seasons.

The fact we’re not cash rich and Roofe cost a pretty penny will clearly factor into how fans perceive his injury record too. Since he’s been here he’s been unavailable for nearly 40 games due to injury, that’s not great at all and it’s kind of what a lot of people were expecting when he was signed.

Even if he does manage to get fit, where does he fit in?

Morelos will be first choice, Colak has been banging them in as well.

If Ross Wilson could offload Roofe it'd be the best business all summer.

Why would Haaland even be relevant though? Roofe’s 29 years old and has had a history of injury problems going back 5 or more seasons. Haaland’s only just turned 22 and may well overcome his issues, but at this stage there’s no long term trend; add to that we’ve probably played more games than Dortmund. Messi had a lot of lengthy injuries in his first couple of seasons as a first team player too and afterwards barely missed a game for several seasons.

The fact we’re not cash rich and Roofe cost a pretty penny will clearly factor into how fans perceive his injury record too. Since he’s been here he’s been unavailable for nearly 40 games due to injury, that’s not great at all and it’s kind of what a lot of people were expecting when he was signed.

You’re exactly right, it was a lot of people were expecting - but yet they still go on about it. Roofe, despite being out so often, has still been our top scorer for each season he has been here.

Maybe we just accept that he will be out a lot - but come the season end, he will have still contributed more.

These threads are so so boring when there are literally never any for Helander or Jack.

You’re exactly right, it was a lot of people were expecting - but yet they still go on about it. Roofe, despite being out so often, has still been our top scorer for each season he has been here.

Maybe we just accept that he will be out a lot - but come the season end, he will have still contributed more.

These threads are so so boring when there are literally never any for Helander or Jack.
But when we lose an important league title and he isn’t fit for one of the biggest games in our history fans aren’t going to “just accept it”, particularly with the cost.

I’ve hinted at why I believe there aren’t as many for Jack and the like. But even then I’ve seen people state that they would like to see Jack and Helander moved on loads of times, really, it’s been said regularly because of their injury woes.

Its a shame but I’ve started to forget that Roofe and Helander are even part of our squad when it comes to matchday. When Morelos and Kent were out recently it was noticeable, not these two. During the 55 season i thought both were awesome as well
The shameful thing they’ll be both on 15k + per week . We need to punt them ASAP

Stop posting utter shite. He has a home here too. His daughter is part of a riding school up here for example. ‘Hates’ Glasgow?

I’ve read some amount of pish on this board this morning.
Don’t rise to the bait mate. Another few outed themselves on other threads.

The shameful thing they’ll be both on 15k + per week . We need to punt them ASAP
They both will be on at least 10k more than 15k a week imo. We knew the risks with Roofe. Helander I think didn't have as bad a injury record before we got him. Not sure of that though.

Back