Kemar Roofe

The next striker we have after Morelos is always going to be a downgrade, getting players of his quality at such a young age and within our budget is basically impossible. Just need to make sure it's as little a downgrade as possible

Different styles of players, but as an out and out striker I'd say Morelos is far superior mate.

Morelos will score more goals over a season too.

I'd say Roofe would be the more flexible player and would be comfortable playing anywhere across the front.

I think Roofe would be a better fit in the 4-3-2-1 formation we were using towards the tail end of last season.

But I think Morelos is the better striker.

I think Roofe would be a better fit in the 4-3-2-1 formation we were using towards the tail end of last season.

But I think Morelos is the better striker.

Roofe would be equally comfortable as the striker, or one of the 2 positions behind the striker.

I agree though about Morelos being the better out and out striker.

Anyone fancy a Brew?

I'm not sure I want a front 3 of young Liverpool loanees to be honest (assuming we get Kent). All good, young players but we have to look to the future as well. Gray I really like but is another loanee. No idea where we turn to next - probably overseas I would guess.

In fairness to the Pope fella :eek: he says the approach and discussion to and with Rangers was made by an Agent saying he represented Roofe (he didn't). So, its fair to say, the fact we discussed this with the bogus Agent suggests we are/were indeed interested in Roofe. We just need to talk to the right people.

In fairness to the Pope fella :eek: he says the approach and discussion to and with Rangers was made by an Agent saying he represented Roofe (he didn't). So, its fair to say, the fact we discussed this with the bogus Agent suggests we are/were indeed interested in Roofe. We just need to talk to the right people.

Not gonny lie mate i read it as the agent approached us and we didnt bid or show any interest.

Not gonny lie mate i read it as the agent approached us and we didnt bid or show any interest.

Fair enough. I read it as saying that as a consequence of the Agent being bogus no bid or offer was made. Probably some Willie McKay type 'chancer' approaching us and saying 'I can get you Roofe for £5m' so we listened - until we caught on he was 'unofficial'. Especially in light of @Empire comments about definite interest.

A front 3 of Kent Brewster and Ojo? Get Liverpool’s future front 3 playing together regularly whilst winning us trophies and getting us into the champions league at the same time.

While Brewster will be good , still not level of Morelos , also , replacing a full forward line , when they head back , would be very difficult .

While Brewster will be good , still not level of Morelos , also , replacing a full forward line , when they head back , would be very difficult .

I thought StaunchGer was suggesting we were after Brewster. I agree that a front 3 of loans from Liverpool wouldn’t be the best move.

Yes, injured again surprise surprise. Leeds patience must be wearing a bit thin as he's their only recognised striker along with Bamford.

I can't see a player of his pedigree coming if Defoe and Morelos stay will more likely be a young foreign guy that we have scouted and can get cheap and hope we can recreate the success of Morelos and make a fortune in a few years

I can't see a player of his pedigree coming if Defoe and Morelos stay will more likely be a young foreign guy that we have scouted and can get cheap and hope we can recreate the success of Morelos and make a fortune in a few years
I'm sure @ID10 mentioned a few months ago we had been looking at a young Polish lad wonder if we're still tracking him

Back