Kemar Roofe

The story is true. We’ve got him high on a list to replace Morelos should he be sold. The article doesn’t say it’s happening and he’s signing. It’s saying we’d like him to replace Morelos which is true.
Ok mate if he arrives at Ibrox and signs I will apologise but I don’t see it happening.

We really should be nowhere near the English market at Championship level no value for money in it and someone like Roofe would cost a hell of a lot more than £5 million.

The story is true. We’ve got him high on a list to replace Morelos should he be sold. The article doesn’t say it’s happening and he’s signing. It’s saying we’d like him to replace Morelos which is true.
We would like a host of players to replace Morelos.

Doesn't actually mean anything.

Watched a good few games of Leeds on the telly last year as I like their style, quick on the ground lots of interchanging on the wings high tempo and tough to beat when they lose the ball and some real quality players throughout the team. Hernandez being the stand out.

Roofe is definitely quality and fits the high press mould we play, but he's not an out and out CF and won't blast us to glory on his own but in the right front 3 he could be fantastic for us or in there with Defoe and Arfield he could do some serious damage.
But I feel Bielsa will renew his contract with a good wage as he's integral to the way they set up and play, and looks comfortable in the Leeds team and does the graft required to stay in the squad.

There is no smoke without fire regarding AM and I think he is off this summer, we would be stupid not to cash in on him if we return 10-20mil on a 1mil purchase.
Hopefully he's the start of us producing, improving and making profits off our players rather than spunking money on duds like the Mexicans etc.

RANGERS look set to make a £5million swoop for Leeds striker Kemar Roofe if they cash in on Alfredo Morelos.

SunSport can reveal Steven Gerrard has pinpointed the Elland Road hitman as his top target to replace El Buffalo

Colombian Morelos is edging towards the Ibrox exit, with Gers hoping to rake in around £10m from one of a number of clubs interested in last season’s 30-goal striker.

Ibrox director of football Mark Allen has been told to identify strikers who could fill Morelos’ boots.

And Roofe, 26, has shot to the top of the list. He was top scorer for Marcelo Bielsa’s Leeds side last season, with 14 Championship goals.
Leeds have been eager to secure the hitman on a new long-term deal.

But Roofe — born in England yet eligible to play for Jamaica — has just 12 months to run on his current contract and hasn’t agreed new terms yet.
Leeds now fear seeing him walk out the door for free next summer and are understood to have slapped a £5m price tag on the attacker.

It’s a hefty fee for Gers who would also have to at least match the £10,000-a-week wages Roofe is currently on.

That’s why any deal would almost certainly depend on whether Rangers cashed in on Morelos because they wouldn’t be able to afford him otherwise.

I stopped reading at "around 10 million."

3+3=17. Sorry to break it to most folk but what is said is true mostly about our market wether it is outgoings with outgoings like Alfie or Tav or incomings like Kent it’s all lies. Every little bit of it is lies until not only is their pre-season but most of there’s need a break until until this comeback back from the ACON which is where Kent’s finals verdict for weeks has always been so can we shut up about him until said verdict has been confirmed.

Wtf

3+3=17. Sorry to break it to most folk but what is said is true mostly about our market wether it is outgoings with outgoings like Alfie or Tav or incomings like Kent it’s all lies. Every little bit of it is lies until not only is their pre-season but most of there’s need a break until until this comeback back from the ACON which is where Kent’s finals verdict for weeks has always been so can we shut up about him until said verdict has been confirmed.

Exactly:))o_O:))

2 pints of water and a couple of paracetamol before bed mind, pal.

I’m torn on this one given my Leeds connection.

If Alfredo were to go he’d make a great replacement for him. Roofe’s a good finisher (despite what some may have said in here. And I wonder how many games they watched last year before making that comment), is quick and has a better temperament. He gets kicked about the Championship on a weekly basis and doesn’t react as much as Alfredo does.

But lets go pinch players from elsewhere and leave Roofe to get Leeds promoted please :p

However - we want more of than £10m for Morelos and Leeds will surely want more than £5m for Roofe. Not having those valuations at all.

There will be a riot at Elland Road if that goes through.

As an aside - been a strange day for Leeds with Pontus Jansson - one of our highly rated defenders - seemingly signing for Brentford for £5.5m (after rejecting £10m in January).

So maybe I shouldn’t be surprised at a weirdly low valuation for Roofe. Never dull with Leeds or Rangers I suppose.

Last edited:
The longer a transfer saga goes on with us the less a player seems to be valued at. 10m ffs.

Then, (and I hate to bring them into it) the filth across the road have their figures gradually rising. This makes a difference, its sets the narritve for price at times.

If we apply the formula they used for calculate Morelos' transfer figure, then it looks like Roofe would be 10m.

If Alfredo were to go he’d make a great replacement for him. Roofe’s a good finisher (despite what some may have said in here. And I wonder how many games they watched last year before making that comment), is quick and has a better temperament. He gets kicked about the Championship on a weekly basis and doesn’t react as much as Alfredo does.

But lets go pinch players from elsewhere and leave Roofe to get Leeds promoted please :p

However - we want more of than £10m for Morelos and Leeds will surely want more than £5m for Roofe. Not having those valuations at all.

As an aside - been a strange day for Leeds with Pontus Jansson - one of our highly rated defenders - seemingly singing for Brentford for £5.5m (after rejecting £10m in January).

So maybe I shouldn’t be surprised at a weirdly low valuation for Roofe. Never dull with Leeds or Rangers I suppose.
Why is Jansson going to Brentford? Its not like they’re able to pay much more money, or have more chance of being promoted. They’re a fantastic well run club & they’re setup and recruitment are very interesting, but its near enough a step down.

Is he not guaranteed to be first choice at Leeds? Or being pushed out by the owners?

Why is Jansson going to Brentford? Its not like they’re able to pay much more money, or have more chance of being promoted. They’re a fantastic well run club & they’re setup and recruitment are very interesting, but its near enough a step down.

Is he not guaranteed to be first choice at Leeds? Or being pushed out by the owners?

Fell out with Bielsa it seems.

I don’t really know anything about Roofe. But I still maintain that we won’t sell Morelos for less than £20m. Makes me wonder if this story appearing is us playing the long game - get the interest out there, embolden Roofe not to sign a new contract and then sell Morelos next season and sign Roofe on a free. If Gerrard does want Roofe as a replacement for Morelos there might be some sense in throwing some extra cash the way of Morelos to get him to play out the season.

weird article all in.

Like a tout to get interest up in Morelos and saying this chap could replace him.

sounds like trying to smoke out interest in Morelos that is not forthcoming so far

as someone who followed leeds closely last season i dont think he's good enough to replace Morelos and definitely wouldn't replace his goals

Last edited:

As an aside - been a strange day for Leeds with Pontus Jansson - one of our highly rated defenders - seemingly singing for Brentford for £5.5m (after rejecting £10m in January).

never is , both clubs perceived by other clubs in similar context and the fans of both clubs are viewed by others with the same disdain

folk talking like we're signing him lol id love Kemar Roofe he's a brilliant player, the article only states we would go for him should alfie be sold, im sure SR said in an interview we value Alfie the same has 'cheese hamstrings dembele' which is around £19mil if im correct :)

in short Roofe is a brilliant alternative to Alfie

Roofe would be an excellent signing a proper all round striker who can play across the front line and can score a variety of goals and he looks decent in the air.

Why not sign him and add him to our squad the more options the better.

Back