Ken Bruce- Thistle fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember a handover on Radio 2 one Monday morning years ago. We had been beat by them that weekend and Wogan was goading Ken about it, saying, "Did you watch any football at the weekend, Ken?"
And Bruce replying rather sniffily, "No, I don't know what you're talking about.'
Wogan then mentioned the old firm result and Ken said something like, "Oh yes, I heard something about that," in a none too cheery and dismissive way.
It was very Alan Partridge and Dave Clifton.

And it would have been utterly meaningless unless an Oirish left footer was winding up a Rangers supporter.

It is no wonder we don’t really have any famous fans. In the space of an hour empire has called him a fanny and some one else a twat.
The guy may not be the biggest rangers fan but he leans our way.
Gordon Ramsey tells everyone he is a blue nose and folk on here call him names. Simon Neil from biffy Clyro is a rangers fan but he gets it too.
Can’t we just be pleased if someone slightly famous likes us. We need all the good PR we can get.

If there is one thing sadder than fawning over "celebrities" who claim to be Rangers supporters then it is, fretting over "celebrities" who claim to not support Rangers.

Slightly off topic, but how bad is that new Rod Stewart single that's been Track of the Week!? o_O
Hope he gets a barrow load of mhutants together like the one last year. I was howling at that for ages.

2nd place were the 2 tramps who thought the comeback was on and did Live it up.

Richard " Ibrox " Park is a Raith Rovers fan. ;) B-D
Grham Dott and the Wet Wet Wet boys and Amy MacDonald are a few that don't hide what they really are.

Unless his son was an out and out liar (and he never gave that impression) , then Ken Bruce is a Rangers supporter.

He may not be the biggest Rangers supporter and hasn't been inside Ibrox for years (like many on here), but we are his favourite football team.

It reads to me like tenuous links are unacceptable whereas the word of another DJ is somehow more believable.
Personally, I’m taking the word of poster “MearnsUnionist” who seems to be more informed.
The other DJ (Jeremy Vine) was talking to Ken Bruce about Partick Thistle, he called Partick Thistle Kens team and they then had a conversation about safe standing at Firhill.

He stayed in Broomvale Drive in the Mearns, before moving to Kilpatrick Gardens in Clarkston, as @Bristol_bnose3 mentioned earlier.

Definitely went to Hutchy, as you say.

No idea where he was brought up, so could well be Paisley.

Last edited by a moderator:
When someone in the public eye is described as a 'Jags fan' they are either

An Old Firm fan who doesn't want any hassle, or...

Not really a football fan at all but if they were they 'don't go along with all that religious rubbish', or...

An eccentric who likes to be different, or...

(Least likely option) they actually are a Partick Thistle fan.

Just in Radio 2 with the usual chat with Jeremy Vine discussing the introduction of terracings down down south, mentioned that Ken was a Jags man

And you are gonnae believe that then aye, fur Fuuk sake.

Whit are you, a killie man.?

If it wasn't for him playing "Simply The Best" on 20/2/2005 and saying we can but pray I wouldn't have went to Easter Road on the Sunday and celebrated one of the most famous league wins

You weren't wrong :))

He had an actual conversation with Vine about supporting Partick Thistle and folk on here are still refusing to believe it :oops:

Ahh right, so it's jeremy vine that's the thistle fan right thanks for clearing that up.

Must be his scottish female assistant on his show that's swayed him.

Years ago I heard Vine mention to Ken about his beloved Partick Thistle, and Ken's reply was to just start coughing.
A year or so back I heard Ken say of Kilmarnock, that they had a great distillery and a fantastic football team.

If it wasn't for him playing "Simply The Best" on 20/2/2005 and saying we can but pray I wouldn't have went to Easter Road on the Sunday and celebrated one of the most famous league wins
He also said on the Monday morning after Helicopter Sunday he had an unexpected party last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back