Ken Bruce

Did they not get a chance to speak off the air prior to being put out live?
I dont think so...a production girl phoned up to try out a short 5 question test to see if he made the mark and then phoned back to say he had been chosen.

My mate said it was like talking to Ken was like to your favourite uncle and you just went with the flow.

Is this the guy all you old duffers think is a massive bear because he plays simply the best sometimes:D?
Ken's a bear.
An old school pal of his, (they still keep in touch) comes in my cafe and when I was drinking from my Rangers mug, listening to popmaster we got chatting.
Alan S. confirmed that Ken was indeed 'One of the People (Old Duffer Chapter)'

Ken's a bear.
An old school pal of his, (they still keep in touch) comes in my cafe and when I was drinking from my Rangers mug, listening to popmaster we got chatting.
Alan S. confirmed that Ken was indeed 'One of the People (Old Duffer Chapter)'
Fair enough mate!

No reason to doubt you but I do doubt some of the posts you see on here like “Ken played the spice girls at 9.55, what a man”

Fair enough if the guys whistling the sash on the radio but some people are desperate to find a link when it’s not there all of the time:D.

As far as I'm aware Ken Bruce is indeed a Rangers supporter and has alluded to this on his show, but being on the BBC is probably advised by his bosses not to be too obvious about it for fear of antagonising that lot.

He does play "We Are The People" by Empire of the Sun quite a lot.

i
A mate of mine got on last year and had it all planned out to ask about the Gers but ran out of time.

Won the Bluetooth speaker though.

A mate of mine got on last year and had it all planned out to ask about the Gers but ran out of time.

Won the Bluetooth speaker though.
If he was 'out of time' he should have got nae points nevermind a free Bluetooth speaker!

If we're champions at the weekend I expect Monday morning show to be a 55 playlist

Queen - ‘We Are the Champions’ was the first song played on the J Vine show after the 12 o’clock news today. Shivers down the spine. Sir Ken getting a song in just after he finished his show I suspect to make it a bit more subtle.

Back