Kenny Black on the Blues Brothers podcast talking about the Newcastle 5

In all seriousness, careful.

They sued a mate of mine over an online post (parody news page on social media which alluded to some of their more questionable practices).

It wasn't actually him who had written or posted the article, but he had set the page up at his brother in law's house. The easedales subpoenaed the IP address from Facebook, and went after the brother in law first. Cost him a fair chunk in legal fees to get them off his case, even with my mate from day one saying he had set up the page.

Next up, they demanded names and addresses of every contributor to the page. I suggested my mate request under GDPR laws that they fully outline the reasons for requiring this, as if it was legally allowed it would have been included in the Facebook subpoena. Funnily enough, that was dropped. I have no doubts that they would have attempted to discourage each person individually through some means had they been given this info.

Ended up costing my mate a couple of grand and an agreement that the page post a public apology to remain on for a year, with the page closed down after that.
I am on a solid legal ground mate don’t worry, it’s the area I work in. Sandy Easedale is a tax fraudster and a criminal, he committed this act through business transactions relating to the sale of computer parts.

So quite frankly he has been involved in illegal business practices never mind questionable.

I am on a solid legal ground mate don’t worry, it’s the area I work in. Sandy Easedale is a tax fraudster and a criminal, he committed this act through business transactions relating to the sale of computer parts.

So quite frankly he has been involved in illegal business practices never mind questionable.
How does he get away with it, that's the question ❓

Young kid who came through our youth team to first team around 82.
Was sent off in two of his first three games!
Also, scored against Celtic which would probably be his biggest claim to fame for us, despite us losing that game.
Didn’t make it further at Rangers but had a decent time at Hearts.

Remember Black drove something mental like 9 hours to go watch the next team we were playing before him and McCall were even confirmed as coming in.

Vuckic fucked his leg at Twente, decent documentary about his rehab on youtube. Wish him well.

People getting confused with Ian Black ?

Never thought of that. Must be.

Listened to Kenny Black on the Blues Brothers podcast on Monday and he came across well.

Was wondering where the vitriol was coming from!?

Last edited:
Always liked the BB pod. Why are they interviewing a non-entity like Black? One player in our history I wish we’d never signed. I’d prefer to forget about him.

All I can remember Vuckic doing is cutting in from the right then hitting it with his left.

At least it worked a few times until other teams worked it out. No memories of the other 'Newcastle 5'.

Reading the names Easedale, Llambias etc make me want to vomit. It'd be a real shame if they died horrifically in a freak yachting accident.

Probably most on here are too young to remember Kenny Black.
Under Jock Wallace he broke into the team and looked sound at full back, we had hopes for him as we had the likes of Derek Ferguson and Durrant as youngsters coming through. For some reason it never worked out and im surprised he played as few games as he did.
From memory i thought he played more.

There were spiv supporters on here citing the Newcastle 5 as examples of how Ashley would help the club and why we should resist King and Co's takeover. Thankfully they were largely mocked or ignored, although I believe those views were better received over on RM.

Tom Miller said to him you had 5 boys up from Newcastle 3 of them where injured is that right? Kenny Black replied aye its a pity the 5 of them weren't injured

Bit harsh. Vucic did a good job and streete didn’t turn up injured... just put in a good 45 mins and then got injured. Haha.

Back