Kenny Black on the Blues Brothers podcast talking about the Newcastle 5

I don’t think it’s fair to blame the 5 players, they were just pawns in a bigger game being played by the board/Ashley at the time.

Vuckic actually done us a turn but the less said about the rest the better.

Ironically enough Kevin Mbabu actually went on to make an excellent career for himself and is currently at Wolfsburg.

Vuckic is a Slovenian international now, saw him in the last break. Plays for Zaragoza after leaving Twente. A decent career.
Mbabu obviously has done incredibly for someone who was judged not good enough for our reserves.
Bigirimana is in Ireland I think.
Ferguson still drifting round the Championship down South.
Remi Streete disappeared off the face of the earth by the look of things.

That whole season was a disaster from start to finish,I wish I could erase it from my memory but unfortunately that isn't possible.

Are the Easdales not Rangers fans?
Morton fans, and scumbag neds with erm questionable business practices.

Those 2 fat fuks are only fans of lining their own pockets thru any means possible, legal. Nothing else. Nightmare that they ever had seats in our directors box. Lowest point in our history, but thankfully in the past now!
Less said about the Newcastle 5 the better. I'd happily forgotten they ever existed :))

Pretty disrespectful to fellow professionals. Vuckic will be remembered far more positively for his time at our club than a non entity like Kenny Black will.
There was nothing positive about that era, bud.
Other than the end of it!
Sorry, Colin Stewart (was it?) refusing to sign over the money he was in charge of.

There was nothing positive about that era, bud.
Other than the end of it!
Sorry, Colin Stewart (was it?) refusing to sign over the money he was in charge of.
Aye Stewart refused to sign over the cash which ended up going into youth development later on.

We are lucky we at least had some people at the club looking out for rangers interests, god knows where we would be if we didnt

From memory:

Vuckic was decent but slow
Streete got injured on his debut
Mbabu not sure what the deal was with him don’t think he ever played for the first team but he played in the youths but has went on to have a good career
Bigiramma did he not have some illness? Never saw him play at all and last I saw was at Glentoran.
Ferguson has had a good career, did he not have a cruciate injury when he signed? Came off the bench against Motherwell in the first leg of the playoff and looked bright. Given his background he was probably worried about getting shit back home if he did us a turn

I liked Vuckic at the time, and he did us a turn with 8 goals in 15 league games.

The rest not so much for the reasons outlined. Bigirimana ended up having a spell at Motherwell (and Hibs apparently?) recently and looked bang average, Mbabu has done pretty well for himself.

All in a dark time I have tried to remove from my memory to be honest.

Pretty disrespectful to fellow professionals. Vuckic will be remembered far more positively for his time at our club than a non entity like Kenny Black will.
Understand what your saying about the comment but you are way off with the remark. Kenny Black was and is far more a Ranger than any of the 5 Newcastle players and that includes Vuckic. If not in your eyes I am sure he will be in 99.9% of other bears.

The Sleazedales were a pair of spivs who thought they were it. I’m sure they got us involved with that bastard Ashley

What did Ferguson do during his spell here for him to be called a disgraceful mentally challenged rat?

If I recall right, he came injured then played for the last 3/4 games and did alright.

If I remember correctly he came on as a sub when we were 3-0 down at home to Motherwell in the playoff for his debut then started the game at fir park.

I thought Vukic was excellent and hoped we would sign him permanently. One shining light in a season of bad memories.
And speaking of bad memories, I've just had to Google Kenny Black and although I know the name, I have absolutely zero memory of the guy! :oops:

Vuckic is a Slovenian international now, saw him in the last break. Plays for Zaragoza after leaving Twente. A decent career.
Mbabu obviously has done incredibly for someone who was judged not good enough for our reserves.
Bigirimana is in Ireland I think.
Ferguson still drifting round the Championship down South.
Remi Streete disappeared off the face of the earth by the look of things.
I think Streete chucked the game a few years ago.Was still early 20s as well

Morton fans, and scumbag neds with erm questionable business practices.
In all seriousness, careful.

They sued a mate of mine over an online post (parody news page on social media which alluded to some of their more questionable practices).

It wasn't actually him who had written or posted the article, but he had set the page up at his brother in law's house. The easedales subpoenaed the IP address from Facebook, and went after the brother in law first. Cost him a fair chunk in legal fees to get them off his case, even with my mate from day one saying he had set up the page.

Next up, they demanded names and addresses of every contributor to the page. I suggested my mate request under GDPR laws that they fully outline the reasons for requiring this, as if it was legally allowed it would have been included in the Facebook subpoena. Funnily enough, that was dropped. I have no doubts that they would have attempted to discourage each person individually through some means had they been given this info.

Ended up costing my mate a couple of grand and an agreement that the page post a public apology to remain on for a year, with the page closed down after that.

What's the beef with Kenny Black?

Have I missed something?

I would argue that without Vuckic, we may have struggled even more and even finished 4th that season. We were just awful, absolutely awful, and you could see it from day one of the campaign.

Did Vuckic not win our player of the year that season after only signing in January?

Another name from that time even though he wasn't a player was Robert Sarver who tried to buy the club for 20 million at the time after being tipped off by Davie Roberstson I think. I was really disappointed it never happened at the time as I thought it was out best way out of the situation we were in thankfully a few months later King and Co final our club back. Sarver went on to buy Real mallorca instead who he still owns today I wonder where we would be now if they accepted the 20 milllion back then

Terrible season. Not sure I've felt as low as a Rangers fan than after the Motherwell defeat at the end of it; having to do it all over again the following season was despairing.

Back