Kenny McClean

I really hoped he may had been in our ranks before now……

We may not get another chance unless it doesn’t work out for him.

The moneyexchanged between teams down south these days…… is insane!

Hope for his sake it does work out for him.

Wish him all the best!

By the way can op or admin please change the heading to spell his lastname correctly… and not the same as that sewer rat that plays for WBA.

He doesn’t deserve that!

Granted he was good tonight, but it still hasn't changed my opinion of him. He's a decent spfl midfielder, wouldn't have improved our squad.

Tbh I've never really seen the hype with him. Another 1 the media like to bang on about most of the time. Granted he was probably there best player tonight, but did nothing the last game at Ibrox or up there imo

Never really watched or looked out for him in a game. Tonight he played well, just hope this is not one that comes back and bites us. Not seen much of Docherty from Hamilton but I’d assume Murty rates him higher than McClean as we could have got McClean cheaper.

Most players dont show well in the final year of contract and he has been poor, he signed up now so no surprise he now showing better.

Tonight was the best I’ve seen him against us. Played pretty well.

That's what I thought at the time as well. Maybe something to do with the pressure being released from him so again , if so , another reason why we should be glad he never came here.

Hope things turn out ok for him at Norwich. I also hope he plays as well against the tims as he did last night.

Aye he’s decent enough player but we can’t sign everyone, we chose Murphy and I mean happy with that decision. Glad he’s leaving that mob

Their best player by a mile last night.

Don't see how he improves us though.

Will have a bit of a swagger and confidence about himself, now he knows his future is sorted.

If he goes South, does well and improves, definitely worth looking at in the future.

A really strange transfer he was out of contract so all They had to do was sign him on a pre contract and get him in the summer but they paid Aberdeen 200k and loaned him back to the summer.

Very strange imo.

He was their best player last night. Only one willing to take the ball and run at our defence.

Good player but given the choice of McLean or Docherty at the moment I would rather the latter.

I wish him well at Norwich I think he may struggle to get a regular place in there starting 11 and end up back up the road in 12-18 months.

He stuck out for Aberdeen last night, without a doubt he was their best player.

He would have been a useful addition to the squad, hopefully we are aiming for a level above in the summer though.

Would have improved our squad but not a starting 11 player for me. Weakens the sheep considerably with him going as they won't have much to spend on sofa replacement in the summer.

I suspect they might get a wee helping hand from their pals and Christie being sold on the cheap or given to them.

I've thought he was decent each time I've seen him play, which admittedly is in the games against us & in the SCF against the bheggars last year.
Wouldn't have been sad if we'd have taken him on a free but much happier we've (almost) got Docherty

That was the best ive seen him last night.

With him leaving and Christie going back to Celtic I think Aberdeen will struggle badly to get top 3 next season.

A really strange transfer he was out of contract so all They had to do was sign him on a pre contract and get him in the summer but they paid Aberdeen 200k and loaned him back to the summer.

Very strange imo.
He will be earning his Norwich wage already.

Strange like you say but his agent has done well.

12k a week at Norwich he is getting.

I still don’t see it in this guy, had an ok second half but the game was gone by then.

When Morelos was going off, McLean went up to him and patted him on the back. Ditto Windass. Probably saying "you lucky bassa, I wish I played for the famous"

Very strange imo.

I'm surprised this hasn't been questioned more. Not suggesting foul play or anything, but it just seems bonkers and would be quite interested in the reasons behind it from Norwich.

Was a strange transfer all round. Tbh Aberdeen probably pushed for it big time to prevent him signing a pre contract with us.

Thought he played well last night ... always thought he was decent wouod have made a good squad player for us ... but we have bought well in January still reckon he will play for us in the future tho

He looked their biggest threat last night & he apparently played well against St Mirren at the weekend, but hasn't been as good this season as he was last. Not fussed we didn't get him, but would have been happy enough to take him.

Decent enough player, and a good performance last night, but not sure he would've been any more than a squad player for us.

At the injury break for their GK when Derry's Walls was belting out all around the ground, he was just standing staring into the Copland Road with a big smile on his face.

As a pro he's probably happy enough with a move down south and securing a decent wage for the next few years, but as a Bluenose he is probably gutted that we have not shown any interest in signing him.

As one who doesn't get the hype ,I have to be honest and say he was by far their stand out player last night.

Best I have seen him play against us by a good way.

Never been that impressed by him. He was the Sheeps best player last night to be fair.

He was indeed their best player last night, but that's not much of an achievement. There aren't any dolly players that would get in our team.

It will become the norm in Scotland. These teams would rather get rid of players for a loss rather than sell them to us. Having said that Docherty is a better investment.

Back