Kenny McDowall

Could’ve swore it was him that served me my curry in the Chinese last night.
Weirdly, I was convinced for a few years that jim Goodwin was delivering our chinese. I said to my wife it’s definitely him, she said it’s been about 5 years why don’t you just ask him but I doubt a footballer would be delivering food, I said you don’t know peoples circumstances, at the time he played for st Mirren then Alloa . Waited until christmas while giving him the big £2 Christmas tip to broach it, I just pointed and said “ are you Jim Goodwin “ and he just said no mate and walked off. I’m still not convinced it wasn’t him and to add more fuel to the fire he hasn’t been back since and it was soon after he got the st Mirren manager job.

He seems to have slipped right off of the football radar.
Are you surprised?
He with his clipboard and McCoist on the touchline. Looking absolutely clueless.

His demeanour at Hampden when he took charge of the team when McCoist went on gardening leave was pathetic.
It was the most gutless display on and off the park I'd ever seen from a Rangers team against Celtic.

Weirdly, I was convinced for a few years that jim Goodwin was delivering our chinese. I said to my wife it’s definitely him, she said it’s been about 5 years why don’t you just ask him but I doubt a footballer would be delivering food, I said you don’t know peoples circumstances, at the time he played for st Mirren then Alloa . Waited until christmas while giving him the big £2 Christmas tip to broach it, I just pointed and said “ are you Jim Goodwin “ and he just said no mate and walked off. I’m still not convinced it wasn’t him and to add more fuel to the fire he hasn’t been back since and it was soon after he got the st Mirren manager job.
Did he have an Irish accent? Surely that's a giveaway.

The “I don’t want to be here” comment, before an old firm, was the worst. Knew we were beaten before the game kicked off.
Aye he shouldn't have said that he could have kept that to himself,bad times man that I will never forget and never take it for granted again with us now on top though you'll no doubt get folk shouting at tav for a miss placed pass against dortmund in a few weeks lol

He’ll put you out of your misery when he retires and either brings out a book or pours it all out in the press for a few shillings.

That poor downtrodden lot love to regale tales of their hardships.

Was a great coach for us but was left high and dry in the Managers position.
Really felt sorry for him.
Away to hibs at Christmas time 2014, 4-0 defeat…..I think. Tough times.

Can’t not laugh at someone on here labelling him as Kenny McTrowel, in a wish to put him on Gardening Leave with McCoist.

Hahahaha

That night I thought we would never return to former glories.
Only time ive ever turned one of our games off early was that 4-0 game. Didnt even see the 4th hit the net, seen it go past the keepers hand to the corner, immediately changed the channel, stood up and volleyed a 2 litre bottle of Pepsi Max across the living room.

Missus just walked out the room and left me to it.

I grew up with his nephew, an insufferable, miserable pr*ck & a plastic tim who's been to more European away games with the tims than home games.

Sounds like one of the Dee Dee sketches from Limmy's Show.

"F.uckin..."

i worked with a family member of his and I’m sure she said he walked away from football, unsure if it was right after his time with us.

December 2014 -the beginning of 2015 has got to be just about the worst few months in our history. It was just disaster after disaster when you think about it.

Drawing 0-0 away to Cowdenbeath
Losing 2-0 away to Queen of the South the night Ally tried to resign
Losing 3-2 to Alloa after leading 2-0 with about 15 minutes to go
Losing 4-0 away to Hibs
Losing 2-0 to celtc at Hampden
Hearts game abandoned after 25 minutes, Ibrox was as toxic as I have ever seen it when word had got out that we were using Ibrox against a loan from Ashley
Losing 2-1 to Raith in the cup at Ibrox
Losing for the 3rd time in a row to Hibs, at home again.
Signing 5 Newcastle players on loan at the end of the transfer window.

All this happened within a few weeks IIRC, what a basket case we were :oops:

Jim did have a part time job when he was Alloa manager but it wasn't delivering Chinese takeaways!

Back