Kenny Miller best 11 on BBC Scotland

Truckerman

Shagger.....Irwin.....Lescott...Weir...Numan......Davis....Fergie....Gio...Ince....Boyd...Mols.....Fergie is the best player he has played with...Not a bad side?

Last edited:
Two left backs and no wide men? Kenny is in management isn’t he?

Irwin played right-back by the time he shared the Wolves team with Kenny Miller.

He did acknowledge no specific wide men - but did point out Davis had often played their for Walter and that he wanted Gio wide left to link up with Numan - but it was a conscious decision to have no 'wingers'.

I think he suggested he'd have liked to move Gio in one and put Albertz wide left (because the two of them linking with Numan were immense) but there just wasn't room given Fergie and Ince were nailed on in central midfield.

Last edited:
Was like when we often played Reyna on the right. Still a top player even though he wasn’t an out and out winger

Irwin played right-back by the time he shared the Wolves team with Kenny Miller.

He did acknowledge no specific wide men - but did point out Davis had often played their for Walter and that he wanted Gio wide left to link up with Numan - but it was a conscious decision to have no 'wingers'. I think he suggested he'd have liked to move Gio in one and put Albertz wide left but there just wasn't room given Fergie and Ince were nailed on in central midfield.
I knew that re Irwin. He was a top left back who could play at right back and do so effectively, especially for a side like that Wolves one. But I’d far rather prefer a natural right back to a player playing out of position. Miller probably felt that the backs can make up for a lack of natural width. Not convinced that crossing and providing per se was necessarily either Numan’s or Irwin’s strong suit when it comes to the makeup of their game.

Was listening to it earlier but turned it off before it got to Kenny saying his team. Kenny was talking about Alfredo and says remember he's still young only 23 and Chick Young challenges him saying he's not young and saying that he's already half way through his career at his age. Miller went on to agree with him but probably just out of politeness. The idiot is getting paid for that kind of "insight".. speaking 100% pish

I knew that re Irwin. He was a top left back who could play at right back and do so effectively, especially for a side like that Wolves one. But I’d far rather prefer a natural right back to a player playing out of position. Miller probably felt that the backs can make up for a lack of natural width. Not convinced that crossing and providing per se was necessarily either Numan’s or Irwin’s strong suit when it comes to the makeup of their game.

It's Miller's team. You put up yours mate and have as many wingers as you want. :)

The shape it's in at least fits other than some we see where we have three right backs Inna three man defence or 4 out and out CMS across the midfield.

Davis could/has played wide right plenty, arguably to greater effect in a Rangers jersey and Gio played on the left side plenty.

Was listening to it earlier but turned it off before it got to Kenny saying his team. Kenny was talking about Alfredo and says remember he's still young only 23 and Chick Young challenges him saying he's not young and saying that he's already half way through his career at his age. Miller went on to agree with him but probably just out of politeness. The idiot is getting paid for that kind of "insight".. speaking 100% pish

Miller’s playing career spanned 22 years so half way through was 29,

Two left backs and no wide men? Kenny is in management isn’t he?

Denis Irwin was right footed, he took penalties and free kicks with his right foot. The reason he didn’t play right back often for Man Utd was because Gary Neville was a better right back and they didn’t have a better left back than Irwin.

Yeah for 23 to be halfway you'd need to start at 16 and retire at 30 which is complete garbage. The idea that 23 isn't young can be undone with the basic fact that at 23 you still qualify for all the "young player" awards.

23 not being young is regularly espoused on here. Generally if someone’s form has dipped.

Irwin was signed by Man Utd to play right back. That was his natural position at that time. He was a right footed player. He ended up mostly playing left back but he did play right back at times too.

Isnt there a stat which claims that the average age for a players debut in the EPL is 23? Half way through his career?

So thats the sort of agenda driven insight drivel we're up against on a never ending basis.

Isnt there a stat which claims that the average age for a players debut in the EPL is 23? Half way through his career?

So thats the sort of agenda driven insight drivel we're up against on a never ending basis.
Do Forrest and Griffiths still not qualify for that? Despite nudging 30?
Sure both won it when about 25 or thereabouts!:)):))

Back