Kenny Miller: Going back to us after playing for them

When the rumours broke that we were interested in re-sigining him I have admit when the Copland were singing " ye can stick yer Kenny Miller up yer ar$e " I was 1 of that fans ...... got to say he proved me wrong great signing

And that's fine. You don't need to be a lifelong Rangers fan with the lyrics to The Sash tattooed on your chest to play for the jersey.

Exhibit A - Neil McCann.

It's what a player does on the park that counts and if he gives 100% for the jersey, that's good enough for me.
And if he plays for them and gives 100% for them against us, scores and celebrates wildly?

Good player and did well for us. Gave him my support from the stands, nothing personally against him. But I just don’t want any player who played for that rotten mob based at the crime scene to be signed for us. Ever.
Doesn’t matter who they are or how good they are imo. Would rather achieve our success our own way. A big wide world of players to choose from.
Hope this never happens again.

Last edited:
Oh very original indeed. Why don't you just answer the question instead
Mate ive better things to do than justify my opinions with you or anyone else for that matter, ive said i got it wrong i hold my hands up, he didn’t kiss the badge he fist pumped it.

Im not “trying to be staunch” i just dont like the bloke because he played for them and thats the end of it and i can assure you im not the only one who thinks the same way each to their own

He won me a few quid with his double against them at Ibrox, so I beat him no ill will.

He was a terrific signing for us. The fact he played for that just blots his copy book.

At the end of the day Walter wanted him and that was good enough for me.

That he signed for Celtic, I just put down as proof that he was never one of us, a fan of the club, and that's fair enough. On his return and his contribution second time around, I have only good memories, but he didn't come "home" so to speak.

He's now playing off the fact that he appeared for both clubs, so he'll always get an earning media gig. I'll hazard a guess that he'll get less hassle from Rangers fans than them.

All I remember was him scoring plenty in that second period and that goal in the win with 9 men against St Mirren is one of my top 10 moments.

Good player and did well for us. But I just don’t want any player who played for that rotten mob based at the crime scene to be signed for us. Ever.
Doesn’t matter who they are or how good they are imo. Would rather achieve our success our own way.
Hope this never happens again.
Aye I’d hate a player who contributed massively to three league titles in a row while being outspent by our rivals.

That would be so shite.

Him and Boyd were a fantastic partnership as he done the hard yards that was not the strongest part of Boyd's game. They both complimented each other with their respective playing styles which resulted in a lot of goals and league championships.

Miller was a cracking young talent when he signed for us scoring 5 against ST Boo and a cracking goal v Monaco. If he had hung around a little bit longer till McLeish arrived as he was his gaffer at Hibs he would have been a more regular starter.

Aye I’d hate a player who contributed massively to three league titles in a row while being outspent by our rivals.

That would be so shite.
Well it’s all a matter of opinion. Good as he was. I’d rather we found someone else of the same standard that didn’t play for the rats. Now and in future

Last edited:
Scored several times against them, including a few braces.

However, should also never be forgotten that he scored the winner in a Cup Final for a 9-man team. I don't think I ever celebrated a goal against St Mirren like that in my life Don't forget the Pigeon .

I can remember the “you can stick your Kenny Miller up yer arse” chants around Ibrox when the rumours of him coming back surfaced.
I can even remember it at the cup final that year (2008) I think.

I didn’t sing it but 100% agreed with those that were singing.

Thankfully the gaffer knew better and Miller turned out to be an excellent player for us.

Scottish Robbie Keane.

‘I’ve always wanted to play for whoever pays me’
Yes unlike all other footballers right?
Thsts sarcasm.
Footballers are hired hands, 99.999% of footballers will go to whoever pays them the most dosh.
Take Scott Brown as a classic example the reason he went to Celtc was purely because they were offering him more money, they don’t want the hassle value of jumping the dyke but they’d play for anyone
Callum McGregor another prime example he’d have loved to have played for us but they offered him the dosh.

A player who gave everything for us every time he played and helped us to huge success in the process. That’s good enough for me, I feel that even more now that we’re stuck with a team of players much more adept at losing.

Basically Walter was right, the trophies speak for themselves, and winning is all I really want for my team. Also feel that when the shit hit the fan Miller seemed for try and care more than other players, some of of whom might be deemed “proper rangers man” by naysayers in this thread.

Kenny is alright as far as I’m m concerned, we’ve all shagged a female tim.

I didn’t want him anywhere near us when the rumours started about him coming back. Can remember being at a Clyde rangers game where Laudrup and Albertz played for Clyde and he was standing about 5 yards from during the warm up and all I had was utter disdain for him.

However this quickly wore off once he started scoring goals again and especially against that other lot and I warmed to him.

No doubt that he was a huge part of our title winning run under Walter and his goal against st mirren in the cup final when we had 9 me was a highlight.

If you discount Tom Dunbar's friendly appearance for Celtic against Blackburn before signing for Rangers in 1891 then James Young played one game for Celtic on loan against Hearts from Lochgelly and then the next week signed for RaRangers.
History we all know off by heart :))

Mother of my weans is actually a turncoat. From them to us :)) I'm that good a shag.

Cool story bro n all that.
Actually a serious follow up on this post since @spotlight actually reacted to it and reminded of it.

It was the boys club stuff that actually completely turned her off them. Showed her snippets of the thread on here about the historic child abuse and the undeniable evidence against them left her sick to her stomach and she's fuckin hated them ever since. Even her maw has went off them since my Mrs started filling her in about it and anybody that knows my Mrs mother would be absolutely flabbergasted at that.

So just a wee reminder that the excellent work is getting through to good people even if it doesn't seem like it at times.

Slightly off topic but Miller/Celtic did give me one of those moments as a parent you’ll never forget/chuckle at the memory.

Circa 2006 he had signed the pre contract with them but was still with wolves. I lived in reading at the time and Wolves were in town. A colleague of mine had two tickets for the game and myself and my a few days away from being 6 years old daughter were going to go.

I told me colleague me and my daughter were gonna booo Miller. You won’t he says. Oh yes we will.

Now almost 6 yr olds have strong sense of right and wrong. He’s a baddie, he’s a cheater I said to her. Can I assure anyone thinking this is horrible this was very much done in jest and light hearted. There was nothing nasty in this, just a bit of silliness.

Daughter was very outgoing in those days and took to booing his every touch with relish. Much amusement spread to our left, right, up and down. This kid was a star in the stands. Laughing turned into joining in, but again very light hearted, chuckles abound.

Until 3 rows down someone stood up and shouted ‘yeah f*ck you Miller you snidely f*cking Scottish c*nt’.

We sat down and didn’t say another thing the whole match. Miller scored a great goal shortly afterwards. Ended 1-1.

I can’t help but have enormous respect for Miller and what he achieved in his career. Not the most naturally gifted striker by any stretch, but he more than made up for it with his work rate.

He played and scored at the highest level and still played to a decent level well into his 40s. Some of the wasters who threw their careers away through drink could have done a lot worse than look up to KM.

I remember screaming like a wee lassy when he connected with a volley from KT's first time cross at the piggery. Then laughed at them when he scored our 4th back in 2008.

"It just had to happen... "

He had played for celtic after us.

And I didn't think he was good enough to merit such an unpalatable move.

He's never gonna prove you wrong on your first point, that's irreversible.
Not sure I believe you on your second, he was never that bad a player.

Certainly not bad enough to have the support request to have him "shoved up your arse"

He's never gonna prove you wrong on your first point, that's irreversible.
Not sure I believe you on your second, he was never that bad a player.

Certainly not bad enough to have the support request to have him "shoved up your arse"
You must know that was because he played for celtc. The Rangers support don't routinely make judgements via song before anyone has even signed for us. I am not sure why you are asking, you seem surprised to learn that some fans don't like players who have played for celtic.

Of course it's not possible, but it would be interesting to see posters reactions to Millers goals against them.

I hated the cvnt when he scored for them against us. But I fvcking loved every second when he scored against them for us. They hate him beyond belief, that's enough for me.

You must know that was because he played for celtc. The Rangers support don't routinely make judgements via song before anyone has even signed for us. I am not sure why you are asking, you seem surprised to learn that some fans don't like players who have played for celtic.

I do know this, I was just curious how he proved you wrong as there's no way of proving you wrong if your reasoning was that he played for them.

A brilliant player and a top professional

Some people can't grasp the concept of being a professional - says more about them than it does Kenny Miller

Slightly off topic but it was great to see Miller back in a Rangers top after the way it ended here for him.

A player who got better with age and one who always gave 100% for club and country.

Back