Kenny Miller has left Dundee

GeckoBear29

Proud Bronze MyGers Member
Official Ticketer
Sky & BBC reporting that Miller has left by mutual consent.

Trying to get into a premiership team perhaps?

Personally I think he is due to retire, this would likely be his last season

At 40 it’s incredible he can still play most weeks in the premier league, and not be the worst player. He really has wrung every last drop of ability out of his body. He isn’t everyone’s favourite but I always admire guys like that. Football is absolutely littered with talented wasters.

Patrick are looking for an experienced striker and wanted Boyd. Miller is an obvious choice.

Guys like Miller would be gold dust if we were ever forward thinking enough in this country to have colts teams included in the set up. Some senior guys like that on a retainer, maybe two per team, to act as a player coach. Would have a lot to offer young guys coming through in terms of attitude and looking after yourself.

Appreciate the career he had for us over 3 periods. Some very memorable moments but it's like he's terrified at the prospect of life without playing football.

At 40 it’s incredible he can still play most weeks in the premier league, and not be the worst player. He really has wrung every last drop of ability out of his body. He isn’t everyone’s favourite but I always admire guys like that. Football is absolutely littered with talented wasters.
Yes, he has certainly made the most of his fitness and ability.

It’s frightening when you think he’s forty though, when you think back to Advocaat signing him as a nipper.

McCall played up to a few weeks before his 41st birthday so I am sure if Miller maintains a good standard of fitness its possible too.

He's looked after himself so give him his due.Sheringham not play into his 40s?Best of luck to him but I don't want him back.

Appreciate the career he had for us over 3 periods. Some very memorable moments but it's like he's terrified at the prospect of life without playing football.
When something is part of your life for decades it isn't easy to just remove it from the rest of your life,think anyone who has played football including amateur get's to a stage where the legs give up,but they will find something that involves them in playing or helping out,It's in your blood and not easy to stop regardless at what level you play at.

I know people who still play football in their 50's and 60's and a couple in their 70's who still play,ones in their 70's play walking football and love it.

I know people who still play football in their 50's and 60's and a couple in their 70's who still play,ones in their 70's play walking football and love it.

That's brilliant. I hope if i get to that age I'd still be fit enough for playing football.

Back