Kenny Miller having a dig

JD1872

I said after the Scotland game that because there were no Rangers players, fans or an ex manager involved in midweek they would try and blame it on us not having enough Scottish players and Kenny has duly obliged.

It was mcburnie’s fault last week, these people just blame us for everything instead of looking at the real issues which is the biggest problem of all

trevor_steven

Whilst I agree in part with what he's saying its only the past few years that we've started to get back on our feet after a horrendous 10 years that saw us almost destroyed. It wasn't that long ago that we didn't even have a squad of players for our first 3rd division game.

Why do clubs like Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and Motherwell always escape criticism when it comes to the national team?

The criticism always seems directed at us which seems unfair considering where we've been.

coplandrearl36

Official Ticketer
The lower league situation really scuppered what the youth set up was all about.
Rangers first objective was to return to top tier.
It’s as if five years of torment has been brushed from people’s memory.
The youth set up is starting to show through now, thanks to the staff in place and RYDC funding.
Miller is quoting Christie and Taylor for Celtc, one developed by Inverness and Aberdeen and the other by Kilmarnock, neither have shown they are going to improve Scotland.

Gheorghe_Hagi

They were allowed to bring through players into their first team that they otherwise probably wouldn't have due to the fact that they were gifted the league title for a number of years and had no challengers.

In the preceding ten years I can only think of about 3 players who came through the ranks at Celtic to become a first team regular - McGeady, Maloney and McManus (unless I'm forgetting anyone).

AzorIbrox

They were allowed to bring through players into their first team that they otherwise probably wouldn't have due to the fact that they were gifted the league title for a number of years and had no challengers.

In the preceding ten years I can only think of about 3 players who came through the ranks at Celtic to become a first team regular - McGeady, Maloney and McManus (unless I'm forgetting anyone).
McGregor and Tierney would be the two current stand outs.

wsb&warmy

Whilst I agree in part with what he's saying its only the past few years that we've started to get back on our feet after a horrendous 10 years that saw us almost destroyed. It wasn't that long ago that we didn't even have a squad of players for our first 3rd division game.

Why do clubs like Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and Motherwell always escape criticism when it comes to the national team?

The criticism always seems directed at us which seems unfair considering where we've been.
Correct on all fronts. Every single one.

JD1872

There's a reason for it though - we only started getting our act together under Warburton.

Let's see if he can still make the same comments in a year or 2.
Exactly, we now have a very good youth set up and won all kinds of trophies last year but until Warburton came in our youth system had been completely neglected for years which is why there are no current internationals that came through our system

Jan Žižka

Youth players who have played in the 1st team with Miller often compliment his influence both on and off the pitch and how it helped them settle. So to answer your question, it did help the youth.
Help them settle maybe.

All the while he was here and dare I say beyond when he should've been ,no young guy was getting in.

Hindrance or help, I wouldn't say the latter in them developing into and starting the 1st team.

RandyMac

I’ve said the exact same on here re the likes of McGregor, Tierney and Forrest and I wasn’t having a dig either. It’s facts.

LD5

How can anyone even compare the two situations? We have been through utter hell the last 7 years and now that we are back the first thought on our mind is instant success and that doesn't come with bedding in youngsters very often. In our absence the puddle drinkers have walked all over every team and had a free run at European football every year, they could have persevered with any youngster good or shite.

Fair enough we don't have many in the first team right now, but we are doing far more for youth development than any other team in the country and its already starting to show at the younger age groups. How about take shots at teams that aren't just recovering from oblivion.