Kenny Miller insists Celtic could be caught by Rangers

BlueMeanie

KENNY MILLER believes the Scottish campaign should be completed, insisting it cannot be taken for granted that Celtic would have marched to the title.

Belgium’s Jupiler Pro League has sent shockwaves across Europe by defying UEFA and unilaterally declaring their season over and naming Club Brugge, who lead Gent by 15 points, the champions.

That decision is likely to be ratified at a general assembly on April 14 but, in the meantime, it has set a precent which the SPFL must decide whether or not to follow during a series of crunch meetings next week.
Like Brugge, Celtic boast a handsome lead at the summit of the Premiership - nevertheless Miller, who starred for both clubs, is adamant the could still be caught by Rangers if the league resumes.
The former Scotland striker said: “I don’t think anything is decided yet, albeit there are favourites for certain things.
“Celtic are overwhelming favourites to go ahead and win the league, which they probably will. But stranger things have happened in football over the years and I don’t think anything should be taken for granted.
“I’m sure Neil Lennon - if this [coronavirus shut-down] hadn’t happened - wouldn’t have been taking anything for granted and would be wanting to finish the job off.
“So if it can be finished safely and we get the green light from the powers that be, I’d like to see it finished.”

Oh look another article omitting the ‘played once home and away midpoint’ that is fact when mentioning Belgium
There's been no shockwaves, it's just the complicit media trying to soften us up. Should they dare try it, Corona will be the least of their worries

Game in hand won.
Game at Ibrox won.
Game at the Piggery won again.

4pts the difference there no way they should be announced Winners,now if they award them it they have won nothing you cant make them winner's.

I can just imagine things if we went on to win the league.

The mentally challengeds would be screaming we got an advantage/cheated/unfair/they would have won it if no stoppages.

KENNY MILLER believes the Scottish campaign should be completed, insisting it cannot be taken for granted that Celtic would have marched to the title.

Belgium’s Jupiler Pro League has sent shockwaves across Europe by defying UEFA and unilaterally declaring their season over and naming Club Brugge, who lead Gent by 15 points, the champions.

That decision is likely to be ratified at a general assembly on April 14 but, in the meantime, it has set a precent which the SPFL must decide whether or not to follow during a series of crunch meetings next week.
Like Brugge, Celtic boast a handsome lead at the summit of the Premiership - nevertheless Miller, who starred for both clubs, is adamant the could still be caught by Rangers if the league resumes.
The former Scotland striker said: “I don’t think anything is decided yet, albeit there are favourites for certain things.
“Celtic are overwhelming favourites to go ahead and win the league, which they probably will. But stranger things have happened in football over the years and I don’t think anything should be taken for granted.
“I’m sure Neil Lennon - if this [coronavirus shut-down] hadn’t happened - wouldn’t have been taking anything for granted and would be wanting to finish the job off.
“So if it can be finished safely and we get the green light from the powers that be, I’d like to see it finished.”

of course they could!

there’s too much being made of ‘13 points clear’.

none of them saying anything about our, achievable, potential for a 9 point swing in our favour.

I can just imagine things if we went on to win the league.

The mentally challengeds would be screaming we got an advantage/cheated/unfair/they would have won it if no stoppages.
Like they already have had having games against us cancelled for the Death of Princess Diana because they couldn't be trusted to shut up and using the death of Phil O'Donnell each of these times the outcome was in their favour as they won the rescheduled matches.

It’s common sense, of course they could/can be caught, we aren’t talking Liverpool type leads here, and even if it was, they can’t be awarded the title until the competition has been completed.

I keep thinking back to Foreman v Ali, 1974. Who, at the end of round 7 would've thought that Ali could win? That's the great thing about sport, you never know what's going to happen, it ain't over 'til it's over.
You need go no further that Rangers v Braga
66 minutes gone, Braga winning 2 nil
Sitting in the main stand thinking we are done for here
3 goals in 24 minutes turned the game around
What price were Rangers at that point, who honestly thought we would win that night 66 minutes into the game
There is an agenda being driven by the mentally challengeds lickspittles
No chance the filth should given anything as they have won nothing

Reactions: o7o
We only need look back to the 2011/12 season when we blew a 15 point lead under McCoist in the period from mid-October to December so it is possible that they could have done the same.

Lennon was minutes away from resigning as manager after the 3-3 game against Kilmarnock that season and pretty much conceded the title on live radio.

Anything can happen in football.

No one (Apart from Big Marv) really believed that the would lose at Motherwell on Helicopter Sunday, the rest is history! We have imploded to a degree since the winter break and there is nothing to say that would not have happened again.

There's been no shockwaves, it's just the complicit media trying to soften us up. Should they dare try it, Corona will be the least of their worries
I sincerly hope so but I’m not so sure. A lot of talk on here but there was a lot of talk in 2012 too about not visiting the filth that punished us. I really hope the board will react to any fake titles be handed out with the uppermost disgust and threaten the rest of this crippled league with our departure. They can’t cope without us.

Before all this was happening with covid-19 their captain Scott Brown was in the papers saying the league wasn't done and there was more to do..maybe someone will post the exact quote or picture from the said papers/paper. While it's obvious the most important thing is what is happening to people throughout the world just now, but deep down they know it's wrong being handed a title when the fat lady hasn't sang yet.

Since they love to play the hypothetical.

It's 4pts difference with 6 games undecided.

Taking a wallet and home from from a man in hospital who might come home or may be dead.
But if he s not dead and he beats all the odds the c nuts will still take away everything.

Leaches

Last edited:
We only need look back to the 2011/12 season when we blew a 15 point lead under McCoist in the period from mid-October to December so it is possible that they could have done the same.

Lennon was minutes away from resigning as manager after the 3-3 game against Kilmarnock that season and pretty much conceded the title on live radio.

Anything can happen in football.
Yes I mind that Killie were 3 up and he was a goner if they had been beaten

I keep thinking back to Foreman v Ali, 1974. Who, at the end of round 7 would've thought that Ali could win? That's the great thing about sport, you never know what's going to happen, it ain't over 'til it's over.

Or Ryder Cup at Medinah.
The yanks had it in the bag going into the final day and look how that turned out. It’s never over until the maths day different.

I never gave up hope. Although our form was dire since the break, all it would have taken was for us to beat them at Ibrox and I reckon the whole season would have turned around.

Latest posts

Back