Kenny Miller today

atcolin

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
performance today confirmed my suspicion that Murrayfield was a flash in the pan and a big FU to Pedro. No more.

Today he slipped. He was at left back at times. Stuck in midfield when we had crosses going into the opposition box.

He should not be playing in the first 11.

I too noticed today that he was back to playing basically as a midfield player.
I thought he had an ok game though. Decent performance.
However, you seen the link up between he and Morelos last week when Miller stayed closed to El Buffalo. That was non existent today as Miller was playing too deep.
I like Kenny Miller and do believe he loves playing for Rangers. As long as he continues to do so, I will support him.

My first game this season and the overriding comment I have is he has far too much influence on the game. Shouting and bawling, pointing fingers at every other player, tantrums galore and missed chances. The new boss needs to get shot of him or play him as an impact sub striker - that’s what he’s good at.

He thinks he’s player manager.

Thought at times both him and Morelos were too deep although Morelos did hold the ball up well.

Bottom line is we need a quality striker beside Morelos

My first game this season and the overriding comment I have is he has far too much influence on the game. Shouting and bawling, pointing fingers at every other player, tantrums galore and missed chances. The new boss needs to get shot of him or play him as an impact sub striker - that’s what he’s good at.

He thinks he’s player manager.
Did Murty not say in his interview that he wanted players to be more vocal on the pitch because there wasn't enough of it ? Didn't take long for the usual Miller bashing thread to start,An impact sub ? How many games has Moreles failed to score now ? Don't see many threads on that, But it's fine because he works hard.

Miller played well today but suppose unless he's hitting a double every week the wolves will be rubbing their hands.

When Dorrans comes back Miller needs to drop out for him and we go with jack,holt and Dorrans.

He can come on for windass when he’s blowing out his arse or if we need a late winner.

His commitment was very good today but his positional sense was once again lacking. He seems indisciplined and is not as fit or as young as he once was therefore cannot get back in position quickly enough once he has strayed.
I noticed a few times today he toiled to get back into position after playing far too deep, and this against Thistle when we were controlling the game.
Kenny's indiscipline also impacts Morelos who thrives on the striker playing just behind him.

performance today confirmed my suspicion that Murrayfield was a flash in the pan and a big FU to Pedro. No more.

Today he slipped. He was at left back at times. Stuck in midfield when we had crosses going into the opposition box.

100% correct.

his "finish" on the edge of the box, his touch with tavs through ball, things we chased waggy for.

His commitment was very good today but his positional sense was once again lacking. He seems indisciplined and is not as fit or as young as he once was therefore cannot get back in position quickly enough once he has strayed.
I noticed a few times today he toiled to get back into position after playing far too deep, and this against Thistle when we were controlling the game.
Kenny's indiscipline also impacts Morelos who thrives on the striker playing just behind him.
Pretty much how I saw it.

Miller has been a great signing over all ,that doesn't mean he can go on forever.

He is in decline , no shame in that ,it's just a fact of life for a professional footballer.

No axe to grind either way just calling it as I see it.

He was so far away from Morelos today....I thought he was still at Murrayfield.

He worked hard I suppose in his free roll but if he's not playing striker, he should not be on at all. His cameo at Murrayfield doesn't change that.

Having said that, I'm a believer in not changing a winning team.
Strong from Murty today to stick with Wilson...who I thought had a very good game.

I thought he played well today and his effort was immense as always.

It's the weekly Miller bashing thread, I thought he played well overall today as well, work rate, leadership all in evidence. Couple of slip ups but same applies to everyone. There is a reason he has to drop deep at times.....covering other players!

There was a prime example today in the first half and something that happens quite a lot, Ball was played along the ground from the left right into the six yard box and wasn't one Rangers player in the box to put it away, Shouldn't Moreles be there ?

I don’t think as some say easy to attack I just think at his age he is nothing more than an impact player and I say that as in at very best.

Last week the script was written for Kenny Miller to score but today’s performance shows he’s finished as a starter. He has heart but we need to move on from relying on a 37 year old being a starter for us

Kenny was all over the shop today as usual wtf ?

Takes part in a short corner and lo and behold McRorie scores.

It does look as if he's given carte blanche to take up whatever position he likes,sometimes it works....

I never saw the game today,but I guessed this would be about Miller trying to play everywhere but up top before I opened the thread.I wish I was wrong.

He needs to be told to play up top and do so.If he ignores orders he deserves to be banished,because he's pretty much useless to us if that's the case anyway.From what I've read,neither Jack or Holt deserve to be dropped and with Dorrans yet to come back in I'm hopeful Murty will play him in his natural position when fit.

Confirmed your suspicion did it , %^*& me away a Stoap talking shite and enjoy the result ffs.

Miller's problem is he has come up through the bottom league's with us when we were shite, it's like when you played at school and you were the best player and knew it you tried to do it all, well fortunately we have came on from those day's and it's showing Kenny up.

Did Murty not say in his interview that he wanted players to be more vocal on the pitch because there wasn't enough of it ? Didn't take long for the usual Miller bashing thread to start,An impact sub ? How many games has Moreles failed to score now ? Don't see many threads on that, But it's fine because he works hard.

Miller played well today but suppose unless he's hitting a double every week the wolves will be rubbing their hands.

Miller isn’t good enough to be a midfield playmaker. He’s a striker, a finisher. He’s did remarkably well last season. Well done, but I don’t like him or his attitude.

leadership is missing, as is creativity, steel, pace and clinical finishing. Millers running around like player manager trying to be the answer to everything.

If he’s played up front and formed a partnership with Morelos, he’d be more effective. Both would be.

Plenty of effort,trying too hard to be Mr Rangers,also played a few stray passes and blamed others for not getting there,in saying that he should still be in the starting eleven.

I thought he did okay today but does not have the technical ability or positional sense be where he was on the pitch today. At times he was in between Holt and Jack and playing there. This caused us issues as Morelos was very isolated at times (although he did great at holding the ball up all game) - but Miller’s positioning was to the detriment of our strikers goalcoring chances. Against better sides Miller playing there is going to cause us problems. If he’s taking himself back there someone needs to have a word as that isn’t, and has never been, his position.

He played pretty well today. I wish you lot would just admit that he played for Celtic and you don't like him. You are so fuking boring
It’s valid criticism. For all Kenny’s qualities in a long and illustrious career, running with th ball at his feet or first touch have never been high on the list of things he’s good at.

I like him nd would have him in the team but he’s got to be told to stay close to Morelos and make runs into the box for crosses. Because that is what he’s good at.

Great work rate for his age if Gullit P had half his work rate we would have the player we thought we were getting IMHO.

Set up the first goal, But what also stuck in the mind was when we were breaking forward and as usual he picked the wrong option and basically passed the ball to a Thistle player and the one he blazed over the bar in the 2nd half, So Kenny was a bit of a mixed bag some good some bad, But he did seem to drop back quite a lot, He should stay up front as he links well with El Buffalo :)

He went back to his usual dropping deep and sometimes being deeper than Jack. He is good when he stays upfront and playing on the shoulder but he just can't seem to stick to that. Not sure if he's told to drop deep or not but either way its bizarre. A good player to have on the bench.

I would like to see Herrera up with Morelos and see if a partnership can be formed, this won't happen in 1 game. He puts the effort in and has shown he has a good touch and actually has a surprisingly good turn of pace. If not I would like Hardie to get a run of games, scores for fun in the development squad but has never had a few games to see if he can settle in the first team. He's the kind of player that will be written off then go and score every week at another SPL side.

Set up the first goal, But what also stuck in the mind was when we were breaking forward and as usual he picked the wrong option and basically passed the ball to a Thistle player and the one he blazed over the bar in the 2nd half, So Kenny was a bit of a mixed bag some good some bad, But he did seem to drop back quite a lot, He should stay up front as he links well with El Buffalo :)

I think you're being generous with setting up the first goal. I didn't think he had a great game. You can't question his endeavour but it affects the balance of the team.

It's also a little concerning seeing how deep Morelos is dropping - this looks like instructions. We're then left with little presence in the box which means we can't take advantage of the great work coming down the right.

It'll be a big decision for the new manager. Hopefully not one taken based on influence in the dressing room.

Played well
Tremendous effort as well
The effort is almost always there but I thought he was bang average. He's not a good enough footballer to be going deep and threading balls. He never made one run in behind today even when Alfredo came short. We need far more quality round our top man.

Back