Kenny Miller today

Welcome to the land of followfollow.
No one kicks our own and does our enemies work any better.​

If it was Murty who told him to play that role?

Miller comes back, gives us a shift and the team scores 6 goals.
Doesn't matter, give him a kicking.
So says the very one who gave Andy Halliday dogs abuse for having the audacity to celebrate a goal.

" Hey, ah don't care if he's the best player oan the park fae noo ae the end ae the season he played fur sellik 'n a hate the basturt, "

Haters gotta hate.

My first game this season and the overriding comment I have is he has far too much influence on the game. Shouting and bawling, pointing fingers at every other player, tantrums galore and missed chances. The new boss needs to get shot of him or play him as an impact sub striker - that’s what he’s good at.

He thinks he’s player manager.
my thoughts also, his contribution at times was zero, far too deep, need to be closer to Morelos

There isn't half some blinkered views in here.

Kenny Miller played well yesterday, anyone saying otherwise either knows hee haw about the game of football or is simply possessing a severe dislike for the guy.

I suspect the latter.
Nothing like shutting down others opinion with absolute shite, eh

I genuinely think that he thinks he is the best player in the team the way he goes about his game and how he shouts at team mates.

He was running back and forth for every ball as well, desperately trying to get involved like a 12 year old finally getting to play with his big brothers pals.

Two cracking goals last week and a pass to Windass for the third which was straight out of the Gunter Netzer textbook.

But, aye, he's shite. Somebody start a thread.

Two cracking goals last week and a pass to Windass for the third which was straight out of the Gunter Netzer textbook.

He isn't shite ,he is done .

He should be used as an impact sub , up top for the last 20 minutes of games where we need a goal.

No way should he be playing a deeper role , he wasn't cut out for it when he had the legs.

It’s not so much he’s shite.
More that his contribution is misguided and lacking discipline.

Back to running about and pointing a lot. Couldnt trap a bag of cement. Likely score a hat trick next game.

He had a great game, was very influential.

Folk saying he was shouting and moaning at players! FFS that's what you want him to do. You guys obviously never seen the real great captains (Greig or Gough) they make Miller look like a Trappist Monk.

My first game this season and the overriding comment I have is he has far too much influence on the game. Shouting and bawling, pointing fingers at every other player, tantrums galore and missed chances. The new boss needs to get shot of him or play him as an impact sub striker - that’s what he’s good at.

He thinks he’s player manager.
I think you might be overreacting just a tad. "Tantrums galore" FFS! I know it was your first game this season so you might not have noticed the armband Miller was wearing. Well that denotes him as captain. It's his job to talk to and encourage (shout and bawl to you) his teammates.

Personally I thought it was a good thing. Once we went 3-0 up the team just switched off. I liked the way he tried to get us working again after that.

I didn’t think he was that bad yesterday, nothing special of course but he was far from the worst player on the pitch.

Full of running, effort and desire as always - very little quality.

Other than last week, he’s been poor all season.

This. You can't fault his effort but more than once yesterday our attacks broke down because Miller was unable to perform a basic 5 yard pass to his team mate. The break in the first half where he charged halfway up the pitch, you just knew the 10 yard pass was going straight to a Thistle player.

The shot from the edge of the box needs to be hitting the target. It's not a case of asking him to score it. But the keeper should be getting worked and instead Miller is scudding it miles over the bar

He simply cannot be relied upon week in week out to do his job correctly. It's a cycle of utter mediocrity from him. Weeks of nothing then a goal or a double followed by weeks of nothing.

Its clear we need better in the no 10 role. The 2 breakaways where the right choice of pass put us through on goal but Kenny messed both up demonstrates that. However, our option are limited, he may be the best we have currently because we need goals from that position. Perhaps Dorrans playing further forward with Holt retaining his place in the midfield.

Reactions: cav
Murtys tactics allowed Miller to drop in to midfield . Candieas & Windass appeared to be taking it in turns to support Morelos.

He played pretty well today. I wish you lot would just admit that he played for Celtic and you don't like him. You are so fuking boring

He was more influential than Morelos today also. Haven’t seen many threads on his lack of goals.

Miller, as worrying as it is, has been an upgrade on Pena.

Thought Holt was motm, he’s been excellent the last two games and deserves to stay in the side.

Bang goes the theory that it was purely Pedro's tactics telling him to drop deep and wander about.

Kenny Miller thinks he can drop back and control and influence the game. Nothing could be further from the truth and he becomes a hindrance rather than a help.

Ffs the usual Kenny playing too deep stuff.
He was obviously asked to do this.
As for being at left back, if you'd actually watched you'd notice at the time he'd switched with windass and wasn't playing left midfield so he was exactly where he should be.
He slid a few times, so did other players.
My biggest criticism of his performance yesterday was he had a few through balls go wrong.

I just get so frustrated when I see Kenny on the edge of our own box or at left-back when El Buffalo has to come deeper and deeper to try and get the ball.
No doubt Morelos needs better support than KM, but I still think he's our best new player this season, with Candeias close behind.

I think if Pena had made some of the passes/shots KM did yesterday, he would be hung, drawn and quartered.

Kenny has such drive and workrate- I just wish it was channelled into the box, where it should be. Leave the scurrying to Holt and Jack.

I thought he had a decent first half. He was getting on the ball and playing it wide. 2nd half was a damp squib for the whole team imo

He was poor in particular in passing and the missed goal scoring chance he ballooned over was that of school boy football.

I thought he played ok first half, linked well with others and played mainly as a forward. The game became a training exercise after the 3rd goal, not just Miller but most others lost their sharpness and as a team we were lethargic and all over the place. Hard work already done though, so only mild criticism.
Miller has definitely become the messageboard bad guy recently, the utter bastard that is Chris Sutton has achieved his aim by getting the "rat" nonsense believed by too many of our own.

Anyway, just wait for the threads when Miller gets a column in The Record when he retires!

Nothing like shutting down others opinion with absolute shite, eh
He played well in a 3-0 win.
I'm not his greatest fan but credit where it's due.
I stand by my view that others are blinkered by their dislike.

You must know that view is not "shite".
You are kidding yourself on if you think FF doesn't have an abundance of Miller haters that can't bring themselves to praise the guy.

That Sir, is blinkered.

Played too deep and became totally detached from Morelos who was left isolated the whole game as a result.
This for me.
Whilst I don't think he had a bad game, it does my nut in why he always wants to drop deep and interfere with the midfield.
His passing from deep areas is either inaccurate or simplistic as he fails to see movement ahead of him, or cannot craft the correct pass if it is difficult.

However, stick him ahead of the ball in the final third and he is as dangerous as ever, as he moves into the correct positions and makes the clever runs that count.
He just doesn't do enough of that, and yes Morelos deserves better.

He played well in a 3-0 win.
I'm not his greatest fan but credit where it's due.
I stand by my view that others are blinkered by their dislike.

You must know that view is not "shite"or you're doubly blinkered.
Some may be but lumping us all together is doing some of us a disservice .

I have no axe to grind with Miller.

He has been a very good signing over the piece.

I just think this season was a season too far.

That's it, trust me, if I thought Miller was still up to it I wouldn't be shy in defending him .

Bit of a scatter gun approach by you if I'm being honest .

Kenny played a big part in the first 2 goals. Distracting the two defenders before the quick pass to Candeias tp put a great cross in and playing the forward pass to Holt to go on his run. He also went in behind at least twice despite people claiming he did not do that all match.

He had a fair game but wants to do too much therefore he drops back too often.
Last week he was more disciplined supporting Morelos and more effective. He needs to play in this manner to start games IMO. I was happy with our win but we finished the game poorly, seemed to just play out time rather than going for a 4th.
A welcome home win and we must follow it up with a win against the Accies.

He had a great game, was very influential.

Folk saying he was shouting and moaning at players! FFS that's what you want him to do. You guys obviously never seen the real great captains (Greig or Gough) they make Miller look like a Trappist Monk.
I'm going to ask a simple question, what did he do yesterday that was "great" ? Genuinely curious to what greatness he demonstrated in the game because I didn't see anything I would consider good never mind great.

Always gives 110%, makes usually good passes and a crucial tackle today. Of course he usually misses one howler too but I think he justifies his position in starting 11.

performance today confirmed my suspicion that Murrayfield was a flash in the pan and a big FU to Pedro. No more.

Today he slipped. He was at left back at times. Stuck in midfield when we had crosses going into the opposition box.

He should not be playing in the first 11.

I was thinking that myself, was the reason he was binned because he refused to follow instructions in regards to where he played ? Watched him back on his own 18 yrd line picking the ball up but him being there left only Morelos up front on his own cannot believe Murty allowed him the freedom to roam it just doesn't make tactical sense, if he is going onto the park and doing what he wants the if Murty has any aspirations for the job then he better slap him down, I don't for a second doubt Miller's commitment to the team but he is not helping by playing outwith the tactical plan.

Played too deep and became totally detached from Morelos who was left isolated the whole game as a result.

This is my issue with him yesterday. He did some good things also but I just worry that him coming so deep will be to the detriment of the team against better teams. We need to help Morelos out who is working his arse off but feeding off scraps.

Don’t want this to be a bashing Miller post - he absolutely has a role to play for us this season.

I think Miller is coming to the end of his time, however.........

I also think he is a vital part of our team.

A lot of matches are won off the park and it is interesting that the hammer throwers seem to have lessened since his return

I believe that is because Miller still holds a lot of respect from other players and knows how to play the Scottish game. I also think he is good at hustling referees, something we were missing in his absence.

He gives 100% but at times that is not good enough as his legs are gone. If he starts he shouldn't finish.

As for shouting and pointing I don't think we have enough in the team that do that, hence the amount of ridiculous decisions against us, no one on the field hardly challenges them.

It is obvious a number on here can't forgive him for playing for that lot so doesn't take much to set them off. There were a number who were below par yesterday, Miller was far from worse but should have been the first sub off, taking Windass off and replacing with Nico took any out all down the left away.

Be interesting when Dorran's fit as Holt has played well last two games...

Dorran's should come straight back in.

I don't think Dorran's will unless we have an injury. Holt has been the difference to our midfield. Even if not creating much his running and harrying unsettles teams.

By keeping Bruno on the bench yesterday I think Murty was sending a message that no one walks into the team, I also think by putting Hardie on before Herrera was another message to the players.

Glad McCrorie kept his place and that Hardie is getting a chance but in big games we need our big and best players.

I don't think Dorran's will unless we have an injury. Holt has been the difference to our midfield. Even if not creating much his running and harrying unsettles teams.

By keeping Bruno on the bench yesterday I think Murty was sending a message that no one walks into the team, I also think by putting Hardie on before Herrera was another message to the players.

Glad McCrorie kept his place and that Hardie is getting a chance but in big games we need our big and best players.
Murty won't be picking the team mate

We seen Millers’ importance last week when he played up front for most of the game, all this running up to every corner of the ground gives us nothing in an attacking sense, it also doesn’t help Morelos alone up front.

Disclaimer for all the sensitive souls on here, this is not a Kenny Miller bashing post.

Last edited:
Didn't think he'd a particularly outstanding game, but was effective enough, like the majority of our team yesterday.

There is however no doubt that some people on here have clear agendas agendas against Miller.

Well I'm sorry to disappoint you, but he's come back into the team and we've won 3-1 and 3-0 with Kenny scoring 2 and assisting with 1, so as long as these results continue he won't be getting dropped any time soon.

Why can't he just be treated like any other player?

I suspect he was played there intentionally. For why I do not know but I think it was the managers decision. We played 442 last week and we played 442 yesterday. Murty mentioned he was still trying to work out where best suited Windass so it was maybe something to do with that. If it wasn't working then they could easily be switched I guess.

Murtys tactics allowed Miller to drop in to midfield . Candieas & Windass appeared to be taking it in turns to support Morelos.

Murty's tactics, Pedro's tactics, Warburtons tactics, one common denominator here.

Kenny is finished, Impact sub at the most hopefully hes away in January if he can angle himself in to the coaching role at Hivs hes been trying to get.

If Peña had played exactly the same as Miller did today, there'd be more threads about how rubbish he is.

Miller done well winning the ball back more than once, but his passing and shooting was poor. Killed a couple of good breaks through that.

Murty's tactics, Pedro's tactics, Warburtons tactics, one common denominator here.

Kenny is finished, Impact sub at the most hopefully hes away in January if he can angle himself in to the coaching role at Hivs hes been trying to get.

Aye he looked absolutely done last week when he was collecting the MOTM award.

He was more influential than Morelos today also. Haven’t seen many threads on his lack of goals.

Miller, as worrying as it is, has been an upgrade on Pena.

Thought Holt was motm, he’s been excellent the last two games and deserves to stay in the side.

That's absolute nonsense. Considering Morelos is up top on his own (because Miller's usually still in his own half thinking he's Pirlo) he does a great job of holding the ball up and bringing others into play.

Pena still takes up much better positions than Miller and looks more of a goal threat (IMO of course).

Back