Kenny

Just watched the documentary about Kenny dalglish on sky, brilliant documentary, some of it heartbreaking. Didnt know though that he was at Ibrox on the day of the disaster, so thats Ibrox, heysel and Hillsborough, how anyone can come back from that i dont know
What is the documentary called? Will give it a watch.

Just watched the documentary about Kenny dalglish on sky, brilliant documentary, some of it heartbreaking. Didnt know though that he was at Ibrox on the day of the disaster, so thats Ibrox, heysel and Hillsborough, how anyone can come back from that i dont know
We were playing St Johnstone at The Piggery on the day of Hillsborough , so why would he have been at Ibrox ?

We were playing St Johnstone at The Piggery on the day of Hillsborough , so why would he have been at Ibrox ?
No idea how you could even take that as him being at our game that day considering he was the actual Liverpool manager when Hillsborough happened.

The op is making the point that he has been present at 3 stadium tragedies which is valid in my opinion (regardless of ppl's personal opinion of KD)

On Netflix last year, really good . my initial thoughts. Explain how he was with families off those lost at Hillsborough. Defo worth a watch for those who have not seen it.

Thought it was going to be a thread in the wrong forum about the Aussie mockumentary about the plumber Kenny. Brilliant movie.

Can you post a facepalm GIF for yourself?
9RljPrf.gif

Will this do ?
:oops:

Superb footballing talent. And his commitment, empathy and engagement with the bereaved families in Liverpool after Hillsborough is something I have much respect for. He’s a good man is Kenny Dalglish. I couldn’t give a **** if some folk on here dislike him for playing for the other lot, I respect the man.

Remember getting separated from my da that day at the piggery. It really was a hellhole. Didn't see him again until we got back to the Carmyle bus. That's when we heard about Hillsborough. Seems like fucking yesterday.

Remember getting separated from my da that day at the piggery. It really was a hellhole. Didn't see him again until we got back to the Carmyle bus. That's when we heard about Hillsborough. Seems like fucking yesterday.
Think police opened the gate to the jungle and there was a big surge of fans trying to get through

Will give it a watch.
what hes done/does for the hillsbrough victims families makes him a good egg for me.

Will give it a watch.
what hes done/does for the hillsbrough victims families makes him a good egg for me.
I might be wrong but I’m sure he went to most if not all the funerals.He has worked with the families for many years with their fight for justice regarding Hillsborough.

Watched it to and didn't realise he never set foot in Hillsborough after the tragedy. The image of him when he went back recently to look at it from a distance is heartbreaking.

I could be wrong, but did he eventually stay in the high flats that overlooked the old Albion training ground.?
There’s a part in the documentary showing that when he moved from Milton to Ibrox.

It’s a really good watch actually, talks about how him and his Dad grew up supporting us but we never came in for him.

He comes across as a pretty decent guy to be fair, and it goes without saying he was a cracking player in his day, genuinely one of the worlds best.

Funny thing about Dalgleish although his club career was brilliant for Scotland in so many games, World Cup etc he was so disappointing in so many games. It was only latterly he started to play better.

That was my recollection, anyone agree?

Played at Possil YM when he was younger and was close with Bobby Dinnie. Loads of stuff about him at Guy’s Meadow as well from his time at Cumbernauld Utd. For a guy who achieved so much in the game he comes across as quite humble in some ways.

No idea how you could even take that as him being at our game that day considering he was the actual Liverpool manager when Hillsborough happened.

The op is making the point that he has been present at 3 stadium tragedies which is valid in my opinion (regardless of ppl's personal opinion of KD)
Great documentary,one of our best players. Such a shock even to watch it unfolding now,and the weight on his shoulders at the time must've been immense.

Superb footballing talent. And his commitment, empathy and engagement with the bereaved families in Liverpool after Hillsborough is something I have much respect for. He’s a good man is Kenny Dalglish. I couldn’t give a **** if some folk on here dislike him for playing for the other lot, I respect the man.
Well said .too many people have narrow minded opinions

Reactions: krs
A thoroughly decent family and a great documentary.

Given the timing, I’m assuming he was in the home support in 1971?

Edit: fuk me, he signed for the filth in 69. Wow

Last edited:
Your favourite scotland player was a mentally challenged player?

He was one of my favourite players as a kid, I know loads of Rangers fans who will list Dalglish as one of their favourite players. Maybe it’s an age thing but I was born in 76 and don’t remember him at Celtic but I do remember watching a lot of Liverpool Just at the point I was getting into football at about 7 or 8 and I was drawn to them because if the number of scots they had in the team

Just watched this - was decent to watch. He seems like a genuinely nice guy and nice family. I wonder what his dad thought about seeing him in a celtic top.

Following Scotland in the seventies and early eighties was completely different to today. We were in the majority in the crowd and admitting that your favourite Scotland player was ex them was not considered strange. I ran about with a Scotland kit with number 2 on the back for Sandy Jardine, but it could easily have been a 7 for Dalglish too.

Back