Kent’s assist rate

PaulS1988

Just seen that Kent has 0 assists in the full calendar year. Form has took a serious nose dive since he signed, 7 million pounds isn’t a lot for most clubs these days but it’s a serious outlay for us. Hope he gets back to what he does best soon but I don’t see it happening while continuing to play this narrow number 10 role

Just seen that Kent has 0 assists in the full calendar year. Form has took a serious nose dive since he signed, 7 million pounds isn’t a lot for most clubs these days but it’s a serious outlay for us. Hope he gets back to what he does best soon but I don’t see it happening while continuing to play this narrow number 10 role
He didn't have a good assist rate playing on the wing either. Let's not kid on that it's all because he's playing a narrow 10 role. In actual fact his goalscoring has been slightly better since he came inside a bit.

Won't be writing him off just yet but the boy needs to up his game considerably.

Maybe a spell on the sidelines is what's required , he has ability but his confidence looks shot.

Hardly surprising considering our 2020 form, as a whole , has been howling.

Kent is clearly a very quick and skilful young player who can turn on a sixpence like Michael Mols once did. On his day he is arguably the best player in the SPL. Lets give him a chance as he aint the only underachiever we have at the moment

He put one on a plate for Tav yesterday and he ballooned it

That’s been a theme

Having watched the highlights I must admit that Kent was a lot better than I remembered yesterday.

Second half especially he created or helped create a couple of decent chances.

Personally I thought he was poor up till Xmas time in his loan year, kicked on and had a decent second half of last season, this year he imo has been an empty jersey for 90% of our games, not good enough stats

He got an assist in the league cup semi v hearts. Calendar year in the league you maybe mean ?

Assists only count if the person on the end of the cross/pass puts it away. Something we struggle with massively...but I agree, Kent’s form has still been poor

We need a serious step up in quality. Unfortunately that requires serious investment into the level of player we buy.

19 games and 0 assists in the league. We knew what we were getting after last season and this is Gerrard's responsibility. The guy's end product is very poor.
Fans were all clambering for the signing in here, ‘announce Kent’

off the boil but hopefully he’ll be firing again soon

Kent is clearly a very quick and skilful young player who can turn on a sixpence like Michael Mols once did. On his day he is arguably the best player in the SPL. Lets give him a chance as he aint the only underachiever we have at the moment

He’s being played out of position as well . The boys confidence is completely shot to bits .

His day is 1 or 2 games a year.

The clamour to get him back was typical shortsightedness from our support because he was incredible against Celtic and that all that matters to large sections of it.

7m is an awful lot for us to spend on a player who offers less of a return than a player like Jamie Murphy who is apparently no where near rangers class. He needs to step up big time or I doubt we make our fee back on him.

He can’t turn anywhere near like Mols did.

19 league games
6 goals
0 assists

contrast and compare with Forrest
26 games
10 goals
16 assists

or Christie
22 games
11 assists

or even Mcgregor
28 games
7 goals
7 assists

Grim reading

That is worse than Grim.

I am sure Barry McKay’s figures were better than that shite.

I found a sample of his expected assist stat last year when he had zero assists in 10 matches, but his xA was 0.4, so he should have had 4 assists. Extrapolate that throughout the last year, and it highlights how lazy the journalism is when coming up with nonsense like that.

What's even worse is the fans buying into the propaganda.

19 league games
6 goals
0 assists

contrast and compare with Forrest
26 games
10 goals
16 assists

or Christie
22 games
11 assists
11 goals (takes penalties though)

or even Mcgregor
28 games
7 goals
7 assists

Grim reading
And that, ladies and gents, is the reason we are second and not first.
Their midfielders far outpunch ours on a game by game basis.
See any of them on the edge of the box u think - they are shooting - you see us, think, who is behind them to pass to....

I found a sample of his expected assist stat last year when he had zero assists in 10 matches, but his xA was 0.4, so he should have had 4 assists. Extrapolate that throughout the last year, and it highlights how lazy the journalism is when coming up with nonsense like that.

What's even worse is the fans buying into the propaganda.

thats like saying Morelos has had x amount of one on ones so really the fact he’s struggling to score isn’t that bad.
Yes stats can be deceptive but no assist in 19 league games is simply woeful.

Also, James Forrest's assist rate is the same as Kent's expected assist rate.

That points towards Celtic's attackers doing a better job of putting the ball away than ours, rather than Forrest being considerably better.

You must have been one of the ones saying 55 was a certainty if we signe him

That points towards Celtic's attackers doing a better job of putting the ball away than ours, rather than Forrest being considerably better.
Dress it up however you like, Forrest delivers in games (except the OF’s) - Kent only seems to deliver in the OF’s.
I know who, statistically, I would rather in my 11.

Give me a break. James Forrest has 16 assists from 26 league games. Kent has 0 from 19. You can't try and blame Morelos for that. Forrest puts good quality chances on a plate for Celtic and Kent doesn't. You don't need stats to see that, you can see it with your eyes.

Last edited:

He really isn't

We've got two people that literally don't understand the stats being put in front of them.

How ironic that one of them is called brain.

I would say your stats say nothing.

Our front players who are playing to the side of Morelos score once in a blue moon. Neither have many assists in the league.
No matter how you try to dress that up and whatever stats you are using fans can see with their eyes how poor he has been. Since the Celtic game he has been fucking hopeless ( like a good number of players).

What you've said doesn't make sense.
It makes perfect sense, you were on about expected assists, who cares about things that didn't happen. If a striker misses 10 sitters because the goalie saved them, would you be on here saying, yeah he's not scored in a year, but he's had x amount of one on ones that would be expected to be goals? no, you'd be slaughtering him.

Expected assists mean nothing! do you know why? because they equated to nothing!

As for the comparison you later make about Forrest's assists being the same as Kent's expected assists... you've maybe got a point about forwards finishing, but then you'd need to look at Forrest's expected assists which I'd take a pretty confident stab at being much higher than Kent's.

Expected assists... bloody hell that's one for the Warburton stat calculator

Back