Kent booking

Wade Wilson

Is there anything more against the spirit of the game than booking a player for celebrating with the fans?

Surely the times have changed where a player can show a bit of passion with the punters who have paid their money to come watch a game of football

I understand certain actions can call for it (Adebayor against arsenal for instance) but I’m genuinely lost as to the reasoning for it.

I know it’s been in the rules for years now, but surely the game has progressed where a bit of passion shouldn’t be punished

Not the post pressing need, just annoyed me

It's in the rules so don't do it if you don't want booked. That said, the passion can take over at times and as already said, it is one of the most stupid fucking rules in football. I wonder just how many people have been hurt as a result of a player celebrating with the fans.

One that needs looked at but never will be.

Is there anything more against the spirit of the game than booking a player for celebrating with the fans?

Surely the times have changed where a player can show a bit of passion with the punters who have paid their money to come watch a game of football

I understand certain actions can call for it (Adebayor against arsenal for instance) but I’m genuinely lost as to the reasoning for it.

I know it’s been in the rules for years now, but surely the game has progressed where a bit of passion shouldn’t be punished

You are correct, if they want to try to stop it they should fine players or something, but a booking is just the wrong sanction.

The rule is in place for safety reasons to stop fans surging forward to celebrate with the player.

A Scottish referees logic anything a Rangers player does no matter how minor or even wrong book them.

This happened repeatedly today.

We have the most worst incompetent, bias, and heavy influenced referees in Europe.

And we all know why there all like that :rolleyes:

Stupid booking, we all know it results in a booking so why do it.
still a crap rule understand if he was running to opposition fans and giving it giruy but celebrating with your own fans is pathetic the blazers sucking out the joy and fun from football … just think the scum lego at that mhob can go in high on numerous occasions no booking but kent in a moment of joy is booked :mad:

It’s sad that the clearest and easiest booking a ref can give is a player celebrating with the fans and there’s a hammer thrower trying to break someone’s ankle that splits opinion
spot on as I said down further the scum smeltic captain

This rule has been around for a number of years now, guy takes his top of and it is a booking, there are so many rules added to the game by muppets who never played the game, and only take the enjoyment out of the game.

I agree it's a stupid ruling, but the players know the score and tbh it's a needless booking that could be costly with a ban further down the line for yellow cards received.

Did the thumb not do this at St Johnston away a few weeks ago as well? Turned out it was actually 1 of his many children

Explain please in itself

It’s quite simple. A deliberate handball is not, automatically, a yellow card. Although both Halliday’s and the Hamilton defender that conceded the penalty should have been and why only Halliday was cautioned only Andrew Dallas will know.

Couldn't agree more - the joy of scoring and celebrating with "Your Own" fans is the one raw emotion that links us together. Football needs to celebrate more and equally punish provocation.

There was a debate about this rule on sky TV recently. An ex referee stated that they don't want to show yellow cards for players celebrating with fans but because it's the rules they have to. I believe it's a rule to prevent players from going to the fans for safety reasons to prevent fans from being injured in any surge towards the player.

This is from the Laws of the Game and explains when the celebration of a goal is a cautionable offence. I’ve put into bold the part which will explain why Dallas believes Kent had to be cautioned.

CELEBRATION OF A GOAL

Players can celebrate when a goal is scored, but the celebration must not be excessive; choreographed celebrations are not encouraged and must not cause excessive time-wasting.

Leaving the field of play to celebrate a goal is not a cautionable offence but players should return as soon as possible.

A player must be cautioned for:

• climbing onto a perimeter fence and/or approaching the spectators in a manner which causes safety and/or security issues
  • gesturing or acting in a provocative, derisory or inflammatory way
  • covering the head or face with a mask or other similar item
  • removing the shirt or covering the head with the shirt

Did the thumb not do this at St Johnston away a few weeks ago as well? Turned out it was actually 1 of his many children

In the Cup game he ran to the fans behind the goal and then the section the away fans get in the main stand and surprise surprise he didn't get booked.

This is from the Laws of the Game and explains when the celebration of a goal is a cautionable offence. I’ve put into bold the part which will explain why Dallas believes Kent had to be cautioned.

CELEBRATION OF A GOAL

Players can celebrate when a goal is scored, but the celebration must not be excessive; choreographed celebrations are not encouraged and must not cause excessive time-wasting.

Leaving the field of play to celebrate a goal is not a cautionable offence but players should return as soon as possible.

• climbing onto a perimeter fence and/or approaching the spectators in a manner which causes safety and/or security issues

You missed out the last one:

CELEBRATION OF A GOAL

• removing the shirt or covering the head with the shirt.
  • any Rangers player punching the air whilst running ¼ mile away from opposition support.

Watched the highlights of the catholic love-fest yesterday on Sportscene earlier, Rogic ran straight to the GB, no booking.
2zidhj9.jpg

Watched the highlights of the catholic love-fest yesterday on Sportscene earlier, Rogic ran straight to the GB, no booking.
Rogic never actually ran into the crowd. He turned back at the last minute.

I can excuse it if it's a last minute winner and your momentum almost takes you into the fans. If you've time to think about it, as Kent did yesterday, it's an unnecessary booking.

If you mean it results in a booking depending on who you play for then yea it does. Lost count the amount of times the manky mob do this without a single card being shown.
Didn't they get a player sent off for this a few seasons back?

CELEBRATION OF A GOAL

Thank god someone else believes in the facts on here. I've got bored posting stuff straight from the rules down the years, folk don't want to know and prefer to believe their strongly held opinions as facts.

Back