Kent Finishing!

Great player but severely poor finisher!
His sliced effort in Seville from 10 yards sums him up! Much worse than the effort saved well by the goalie!
If he could finish he would be world class!

"Your good, your very, very good Mr 890 since 2017".

Right, fuuk it. I'm aff tae ma kip if this is the sign of the times.

He's a winger and a really good one at that . Had a superb game yesterday and if he was rattling goals in every match he wouldn't be plying his trade at Ibrox .
I feel your in need of a good kip OP to bring you into reality .
We d be a poorer team without Ryan Kent without question .Lad gets too much stick on this board IMO

Weird thing is I used to think he was a decent finisher before this season. Seems to have gone backwards compared to some of the goals he was scoring before.

Hopefully something the coaches are really working on. If he just hit every effort low and hard he'd have a much better chance of scoring. Slices far too many efforts high or wide.

I love Ryan Kent, brilliant player, phenomenal work rate, and he was extremely unlucky not to score the winner in Seville.
He's been a bit erratic in front of goal this season, but unlucky too.
Once he regains his composure, and starts banging in goals like the one scored at the Brendanbau, we won't be able to keep him at Ibrox, so maybe it's a small blessing, and he might sign an extension.

his passings no the best either, especially if it's the final ball, like the one to Scott Wright, he seems too casual in his passing sometimes

Weird thing is I used to think he was a decent finisher before this season. Seems to have gone backwards compared to some of the goals he was scoring before.
Think it's confidence this season he's has struggled to score last season he scored some very good goals dames previous years.

20 Assists for the season. He’s also been really good since about January.
His goals should be higher but personally I’m willing to put up with it for the rest he brings to the team. Praying he signs an extension.

It's just the sheer lack of composure when getting a shot away or trying to finish. Always snatching at it. So frustrating.

It's just the sheer lack of composure when getting a shot away or trying to finish. Always snatching at it. So frustrating.
Agreed, it's composure.

Surely to f**k a young professional like Kent has it in him to overcome that with hard work and the actual desire to score.

I actually think Kent is a decent finisher - he’s scored some absolute crackers in his time with us - but for whatever reason his ability to do so has completely deserted him this season.

If he stays with us, that needs to improve dramatically. A player of his ability should be on double figures for the season every season.

If he got more on target he’d score more and/ or keeper saves for a forward to tap in. Instead his shots are either straight at the keeper at catching height or at least a yard wide. 4 years in he is either unable of unwilling to change that part of his game. Does a lot right, but this part of his game is a big flaw.

The only thing that annoyed me about it was Craigan saying he's the one player you'd want the chance to fall to
If it was Kent crossing to Roofe we probably win the Europa League. Kent has the pace to keep the ball in play and Roofe smashes any chance from 5 yards home. Sadly it worked out the other way round.

My pet hate is that he doesn't gamble and break his neck to get a tap in at the back post when Tav looks to cross it. Tav himself does time after time and his goals helped us against Dortmund, Braga and Red Bull.

Kents ability the change direction at speed is incredible, he's still relitively young and the finishing will come. Really hope he stays.

He's not a top player, he's a player that can occasionally put in a top class performance.
He works like a Trojan, so he's always going to be a regular in the side but his play in the final third will always hold him back, be it his final ball or his inability to score enough goals.

Back