Kent on the 86th min last night

AriseSirWalter

Official Ticketer
He sprinted out to back up Tav at RB position, not a jog to occupy space but busting a gut to make sure that the guy couldn't get past Tav.

Nothing new in that you'll say, under Gerrard our attackers have always worked hard and done their bit defensively which is true but this was the first time this season that I can remember any of our players having to do any 'uncontrolled' running. The way Kent was running if the player managed to get past him he was out of the game (similar to Aberdeen boy Kent megged for his goal).

Not a good thing but the fact that it stuck out for me shows how controlled we've been this season, the system we play means that players don't get dragged out of position so others don't have to bust a gut the way Kent did at the end of last night. It's amazing actually that we've had such a great start to the season and there's no player you could say, him, he's the star man. Actually after games I often think we have more gears to go up and everyone was around a 7 with maybe a couple giving 8/9 performances which is ridiculously unfair on the players.

We work very hard to make the game look easy.

I not one for saying 'we were playing Alloa a few years ago' and to lose 2 goal lead twice is a kick in the baws but given what the players have done so far I can't criticse them at all.

*** I'm sure it's not the first time one of our players have had to sprint like that but felt like it to me watching.

His workrate was outstanding (along with everyone else to be honest). I thought he was looking leggy in the latter stages and could've done with being subbed, but that's not a criticism nor failing to acknowledge that he certainly pushed through it and kept going.

There's definitely something about us this season where everyone looks like they've stepped up a notch in terms of focus, confidence and determination. Dare I say it, SG and his team look like they have begun to instil a Smith/Wallace-style "No Surrender" character throughout. In it together and fighting for each other with real belief in our ability.

For the sheer enjoyment of it, I watched a bit of SepCo’s game on YouTube. There was a marked difference between their work rate and ours and it is obviously contributing to their demise. If we keep this up, there isn’t a team in Scotland who can live with us.

Kent is a different player to last season. He is working so hard all over the pitch - I pointed it out to my son at the end of the first half when Kent was back supporting Barisic... but it was far from the first or last time he was just “there”.

He really does seem to have settled right into being one of the core/senior players in this team.

He also had quite a few excellent interceptions last night to break up their possession.
Perhaps not his best night on the ball but excellent off it.

I noticed last night at one point Morelos wasnt tracking a guy but he was staying in the same area. Looked to me that wss the instructions. Possibly the management team know if we turn the ball over the 3 forwards need to be in an exact area in order to counter.

Was saying this earlier. His energy and closing down of players off the ball has increased massively. His defensive qualities are almost as good as his attacking ones now.

The whole team worked tirelessly last night. We should have added some fresh legs at 2-0.

We have that work rate right through the side. Id love to see the distance our players run in the game.it will be above average. Im so proud to be a bear.WATP

Look on the bright side Alfredo hit the bar with a header.....we had a stonewall penalty denied ( even Rob McLean called it ) and Tav was unlucky to concede the own goal. We also competed at a very high level to remain top of our section , and didn't embarrass ourselves like some.

That’s one of the things I’ve adored about Kent from the off, back to when he was running his arse off for us away in Russia over a couple of years back.

A lot of flair players tend to be defensively lazy and they can’t really be arsed with tracking back, closing down and doing the dirty work when they’ve not got the ball. Not Kent, he runs his bollocks off for us in every game, aside from his outstanding attacking abilities, his work rate is just another reason we all love him.

That’s one of the things I’ve adored about Kent from the off, back to when he was running his arse off for us away in Russia over a couple of years back.

A lot of flair players tend to be defensively lazy and they can’t really be arsed with tracking back, closing down and doing the dirty work when they’ve not got the ball. Not Kent, he runs his bollocks off for us in every game, aside from his outstanding attacking abilities, his work rate is just another reason we all love him.
This ! Said to my old man first few times I saw Kent , even when he loses the ball he just gets up and tries again . I thought this is a really good sign for this young player .

He has stepped up considerably, and will be knocking on an international call up within next year

Back