Kent playing for Liverpool now on LFCTV

Defoe style dummy to let the ball run through to Wilson who scores. He's looked like a typical youth player coming through.

Bizarre hearing them talking about Kent the way we'd talk about McPake right enough

Great dummy from Kent. Ball played into him at the edge of the box but he let it run for Wilson taking out two of the Dortmund defenders.

Hope he has a quiet second half or he's going to be starting for them next this season. (Kidding, he'll be back here)

He is never going to play for Liverpool regularly as a first team player and there is absolutely no shame I that whatsoever. We are talking about one of the best sides in Europe. He should however have a great career ahead of him and what better way to kick start it with aiding the Teddybears winning title no. 55?

Think he's been pretty solid so far. Guilty a couple of times of doing a bit too much dribbling into a player but i would rather have a player do that a few times than just pass it back to the fullback every time if there's not a ton of space

A lot of comments from Liverpool fans seemed to be that if they were to retain one out of Wilson & Kent for the squad, they would undoubtedly have wilson (as would anyone tbh)

They seem to think one will be kept & other punted. If thats the case, you would think kent will go out on loan which is good for us

A lot of comments from Liverpool fans seemed to be that if they were to retain one out of Wilson & Kent for the squad, they would undoubtedly have wilson (as would anyone tbh)

They seem to think one will be kept & other punted. If thats the case, you would think kent will go out on loan which is good for us
Kent was never really in the running to be part of that squad he is nowhere near their standard.

Kent was never really in the running to be part of that squad he is nowhere near their standard.

Whilst I agree he isn't at their standard however if thats the case that he isnt in the running, why bother having him back for pre season & playing him in friendlies?

If I'm honest don't believe Kent will make it at Liverpool.

High end Championship or mid table PL will be his level.

Definitely good enough for us though, all depends on whether another loan deal is on the cards or they want to off load.

We wouldn't be in the financial running if they chose to sell.

Kent is a very talented boy with the ball at his feet. He draws defensive players towards him which is something we desperately need to do to beat organised defences.

It looks like Aribo can do that from midfield and Ojo looks very effective, but if we could get him back I’d be absolutely delighted!

while he did well in the celtic games I really don't see him being that great a player. Rarely scores or assists and doesn't influence a game enough. That said gerrard obviously rates him highly so what do I know

I disagree with that.

I'm also not having the stats argument with regards to goals and assists. We're now in an era that we're judging players on paper analysis rather than watching the game with our own eyes to form our own opinion.

Just because a player is not the scorer or the man who makes the final pass to the scorer, does not mean he's not played a hand in the goal. Likewise just because he's not scored or created an assist doesn't mean he's not influenced the game.

I'd make the same case for Daniel Candeias who's been getting stick for his stats on the other thread.

Ryan Kent, particularly the second half of last season, was immense for us and anyone who cannot see that should stick to Championship Manager.

Whilst I agree he isn't at their standard however if thats the case that he isnt in the running, why bother having him back for pre season & playing him in friendlies?
They’re missing a number of their key players just now due to international duty so by including him in the games he makes up the numbers until the others return whilst also keeping him match fit and boosting his value a bit too. I fully believe they hold out hope that a good bid will come in, loaning out being a backup option only.

We're now in an era that we're judging players on paper analysis rather than watching the game with our own eyes to form our own opinion.
There are far more detailed stats out there which show he just doesn’t play many key passes, passes which create a chance. And he loses the ball constantly too. The stats are evidence of what many of us see with our eyes, a player who is fast and aggressive on the ball but who falls at the last hurdle time after time.

There are far more detailed stats out there which show he just doesn’t play many key passes, passes which create a chance. And he loses the ball constantly too. The stats are evidence of what many of us see with our eyes, a player who is fast and aggressive on the ball but who falls at the last hurdle time after time.

What about his runs off the ball where he takes two men away with him, freeing up space for someone else? Or...

Naaaa drop me out.

Yes his final ball could be better but if he was the finished article we'd have never got him in the first place. He doesn't "constantly" lose the ball though.

EDIT: Over-analysing stats is for virgins.

Kent is a very talented boy with the ball at his feet. He draws defensive players towards him which is something we desperately need to do to beat organised defences.

It looks like Aribo can do that from midfield and Ojo looks very effective, but if we could get him back I’d be absolutely delighted!

He would be a year on in his development, it also looks like we have midfielders that will break lines and support into the box which would lift his assist stats. I think Kent in a front three with Morelos and Ojo he would be hitting double figures.

Radars don’t show defences being shit scared of him and doubling up, creating space for others.
Very true, they don’t. However it can only partially account for some very poor numbers in a lot of important metrics for a player in his position.

Love to have him back. A very exciting wee player.
Quick, brave, direct, two good feet.
If he doesn't stay with Liverpool then I hope we find some way to bring him back.

Very true, they don’t. However it can only partially account for some very poor numbers in a lot of important metrics for a player in his position.
Very quick to shoot Kent down.

“stat radars” are literally the least useful form of statistic. Anyone can make a stat radar look good or bad.

Direct wingers WILL have a high unsuccessful dribble or 1v1 stats because their job is literally to take players on, if everyone on the field tried to take as many players on as Kent does, then they would have very similar “stat radar”. They don’t, so of course it’s going to be a skewed result.

If I'm honest don't believe Kent will make it at Liverpool.

High end Championship or mid table PL will be his level.

Definitely good enough for us though, all depends on whether another loan deal is on the cards or they want to off load.

We wouldn't be in the financial running if they chose to sell.
No chance he will make it at Liverpool we all know that,one more season at us on loan then will move to England for £10m plus

while he did well in the celtic games I really don't see him being that great a player. Rarely scores or assists and doesn't influence a game enough. That said gerrard obviously rates him highly so what do I know

Good player but I agree that he doesn't influence games the way a player with his talent should. He does a lot of his work in areas that don't hurt the opposition. He needs to play more in the final third.

I'd still take him on loan if it's an option.

Back