Kent suspension

Wow, I thought your first post was a wind up, but you’ve doubled down.

The control and cross for our goal against Aberdeen. Show me another Rangers player that could have done what Kent did.
That’s all very well and good against Aberdeen the other night.

If you’ve read some of my other posts on this thread you’ll see that I’ve said on his day he’s our best player but we very rarely see him on his day

First one was stupid by Kent. Hayes started it, but Kent waited till the ref had came over and was yards away to push him back.

Second one was a disgrace by Clancy. There was no contact at all.
Yellow was already out before the shove. Both players were getting booked for the altercation and squaring up to each other by looks of it.

That’s all very well and good against Aberdeen the other night.

If you’ve read some of my other posts on this thread you’ll see that I’ve said on his day he’s our best player but we very rarely see him on his day
So even though against Aberdeen he didn’t have a great game he produced something that no other player in the squad could do?

There is far more to football than goals and assists. His ability to pull 2-3 defenders towards him opens up space elsewhere on the pitch. When he isn’t playing, the opposition don’t focus defensively on any other player as much as they do him.

The card in his hand was for Hayes in my opinion. He used the card for Kent to balance it up
This is the p!sh that pervades Scottish football.
Somewhere in the Scottish referees' instruction book is the one that says where 2 players face up to each other, even if they don't make any contact, book both of them and it will be all right.
Not exactly how it happened on Tuesday but as you say Clancy had his card out before Kent pushed Hayes away.

Even Andy Walker said it was a ridiculous booking, nothing in it, and Foster on Sportscene said that because it is a highly charged atmosphere at these games a word with both players should have been enough.

I could have said the ref was a "homer", influenced by the crowd, but that's maybe not the correct word.

Back