Kent Will Tear You Apart

Some players look good against easier opposition but players like Kent turn it on against the bigger and harder opponents that’s why we need him and players like him. Thankfully we have a good few of them now.

He was getting stick at the turn of the year (rightly) and was dropped for the Antwerp game (again, rightly).

Since coming back into the side he has been outstanding though, he's producing some of the best form of his Rangers career at the biggest moments.

I think everyone can see his talent, I think the arguments come from the fact that people think he can do more goals/assists wise.

I'm very much in the camp that I think he's an excellent player, he does a fantastic job in our current system but I feel he could score/assist more often.

He was getting stick at the turn of the year (rightly) and was dropped for the Antwerp game (again, rightly).

Since coming back into the side he has been outstanding though, he's producing some of the best form of his Rangers career at the biggest moments.

I think everyone can see his talent, I think the arguments come from the fact that people think he can do more goals/assists wise.

I'm very much in the camp that I think he's an excellent player, he does a fantastic job in our current system but I feel he could score/assist more often.
Dropped!
Half a game later, he was restored.
Maybe that's what it took for the armchair Guardiolas of FF to realise how important he is to our game, our play, our team.

Dropped!
Half a game later, he was restored.
Maybe that's what it took for the armchair Guardiolas of FF to realise how important he is to our game, our play, our team.

Or maybe that's what it took for Kent to realise that if he didn't perform then he could be dropped and it motivated him to hit new levels as a Rangers player.................

Or maybe that's what it took for Kent to realise that if he didn't perform then he could be dropped and it motivated him to hit new levels as a Rangers player.................
Well, that was predictable.
I was going to include your reply in mine, almost verbatim.

Always laugh at Halliday on Open Goal. "Is Kent strange?" "A mean, he's sound, but he owns snakes."

The quiet wee weirdo of the dressing room yet one of the most popular. What a player.
What he meant was, a mean he owns snakes, but he's fucking dynamite.

Ryan Kent Is a treasure. The sort of player that can be a hero. Exciting and shit hot. If I was wee I would be running out the back saying "I'm Kent".

Love you Rangers.

What an evening.

Only a few weeks ago multiple posts wanting him dropped. Utter madness.
Who are these people?

Seriously though with a player like Kent I think you take him as he is, occasional frustrations and all. Its been sometime since Rangers had a wide player who was a huge creative force for the team and also a destructive one himself when he take the notion.

Nothing finer than seeing Ryan Kent check inside and launch a rocket at the goal.

Quite fittin’ to have a New Order brilliant song sung by the New Order in Scotland. WATP.

Only a few weeks ago multiple posts wanting him dropped. Utter madness.
I was bemused with one poster on here who claimed Kent spent “75% of matches standing at the end of the box playing easy balls to Borna and Kamara” (I’m paraphrasing because I can’t remember the exact quote). Utter madness is the best way to describe it.

Players have ups and downs over the course of a season. Every player. Kent had a down. But he never stopped working, defensively and offensively, and has thoroughly deserved his goals and the plaudits of the past few weeks.

So you don't think he's upped his game since being dropped v Antwerp?
Not really.
I don’t think he was dropped in the first place though.
Rested, perhaps.
What kind of message would it send to a player if you dropped him but brought him back at the first hin of a problem?
It would negate the whole purpose of him being dropped.

Not really.
I don’t think he was dropped in the first place though.
Rested, perhaps.
What kind of message would it send to a player if you dropped him but brought him back at the first hin of a problem?
It would negate the whole purpose of him being dropped.

Well the manager brought in a half fit Roofe to replace him who got injured which meant Kent had to come on.

Kent was playing poorly in January and maybe being dropped (or rested) was the kick up the bum he needed to get back to the levels we all know he can perform to.

Kent is performing to a much higher level than he was so regardless if he was dropped/rested, it was the right move from the manager.

Out with Alfie Kent is our talizman

Nobody else in the team svires the goal he scores in Antwerp

Garaunteed he's singled out by apposing managers as the main danger

He has what every good player has , blistering pace over a short distance

Back