Kent

usbear

Not sure what’s going on with him

That’s the last two games he has seemed behind the pace

His movement is always top notch but Sunday and tonight his touch deserted him

Haste ye back wee man or I’ll tell Casper to get the whips out :D

Looked weak scared tonight,in the tackle ball retention etc,just a blip more to come from him

The manager admitted he could only play a game a week whilst he was coming back from injury.

He's played every single game since that statement was made.

The last few games we've seen the effects of that; the issue is with Jones out, Ojo off form, Barker looking rusty and Stewart not really used, we have nobody else to play there.

Hopefully he can pick it up again and have a good break in January. I've a feeling we'll see Jones slowly come back over the next few matches too.

First touch was poor apart from the pass for the goal. Why he wasn't hauled off is beyond me.

He’s a shadow of the player we had on loan, his touch is woeful at times and is lacking composure. Maybe just trying to force it too much at times trying to live up to his billing.

Maybe the £7 million price tag is affecting him,people expecting too much too soon that plus his injuries,I'm sure he'll come good again.

Fairly anonymous of late but started slow last season and grew into a titan as time progressed. Considering injury etc I'm sure it will be the same again.

Anyone else think he looked a lot slower tonight too?

He was raging with himself when he came off, didn’t look happy at all.
Yeh he doesn’t seem to want to hit the bye line, he continually received the ball and then cut back instead of driving us forward. Puzzling again!

A lot of games after an injury straight after a pre season with not much match time ... understandably a bit 'leggy'.

I think he's just trying too hard atm. He's drifting inside too much in order to get on the ball...he's much more effective out wide driving at the full back.

He is being very heavily marked which is opening up space for others but I feel he is trying a little hard as well. Just needs to get his head down and drive at defences, hit the byline or cut in and shoot. Not overly concerned though, his talent is undoubted.

Pish performance tonight, £7 player rather than £7Million. We all know he is much better and I hope he gets back there soon

It's a big problem when your most expensive and biggest hope of creativity is playing so poorly and you look at that bench tonight and what there is to bring on. A serious lack of quality in depth.

Anyone else think he looked a lot slower tonight too?

He was raging with himself when he came off, didn’t look happy at all.

I thought so too, could it be possible also that due to the shortness of pace the opposing players were able to read his body language a lot easier albeit that was a nice back heel pass he did?

He’s our second best player and our he’s been targeted by the opposition in our last two games. He’s trying hard but at present it’s just not coming off. He will learn, adapt and thrive on this attention

Still searching for his form back and it's clearly affected him.

There's no quick fix I'm afraid, it happens to flair players and only hard work and determination will get him back to the game changer we all know is in there.

Maybe the £7 million price tag is affecting him,people expecting too much too soon that plus his injuries,I'm sure he'll come good again.
Do you know what, I’ve seen this £7m banded about a lot since Sunday by the footballing experts in our support but in reality what does £7m get you in the modern football market? Yes a huge amount for us but peanuts and a developing player in reality. He is doing just fine

Too deep and centrally for long spells but no surprise as there is very little creativity in our midfielders and he always looking up be involved.

Slack last night and wasn't on his game in the cup final. Possibly trying too hard to make things happen but at least his head never drops.

Poor form can be excused
But too many times last night he showed zero effort
And at times he put us under more pressure than they did

Hopefully just dead on his feet

Should've been subbed earlier

Playing within himself, he's better than he's shown the last 2 games, prefer him more left flank,looked annoyed with himself coming off, the boy has standards, he'll be fine.

With the form Borna is in and Kent’s obvious talent we should be utterly destroying teams down the left, but we still favour, and are more productive from, the RHS

It’ll come though, and when it does, it’s going to be lethal

He's probably played more football than Gerrard would have liked after coming back from that injury. The problem is that Kent at say 60% fitness/form still looks a better option than Barker and Ojo.

Poor form can be excused
But too many times last night he showed zero effort
And at times he put us under more pressure than they did

Hopefully just dead on his feet

Should've been subbed earlier
Agreed.
A talented boy who all too often fails to translate that talent into effective performances and tangible rewards. I can't get my head round the supports love-in with this player.
As soon as Morelos drifts wide he simply has to bust a gut to get into the box, yet all too often he's nowhere to be seen. In the first 15mins alone we saw the ball flash across the face of their goal 4 times with the back post area free.
Not good enough Ryan.

My worry is that we look tired overall just now. We havr 4 HUGE games before Christmas.

We need 10 points minimum

Kent again was fantastic, dealing with difficult balls being put into his feet and having to look for the ball more, he did his usual quick feet and regularly caused them trouble, The only thing that let him down was a couple of poor last touches. Hopefully he'll be 100% soon.

Back