Kent

He looked leggy but then so did most of the team barring Tav and Borna.

The last few games I noticed that he's dropping deeper and more central as the game has worn on as he's not getting the ball as much. I think this has alot to do with the service he's getting. We need another midfielder as without Davis we really lack someone to drive the team forward and pick out runners. Arfield did ok but mainly played on the right with Tav and Aribo.

I would give Kent and Morelos a rest on Sunday and start Defoe and either Barker or Stewart. Aribo could play on the left too and Ojo played better on the right early in the season.

Changes needed for Sunday outwith the back 5.

2nd half last night was the Kent we had beginning of last season. Maybe it's tiredness but his decision making was poor.

Too often getting robbed in possession when turning inside when in tight spaces in his own half, too often not providing an out ball for the midfield wide by running inside, he also doesn't hit the back post enough (but nobody else in the team ever makes that run either!).

It just didnt work for him last night however he still had a hand in our goal. Because he's a £7 million player doesnt mean he will be superb every week. He will more than repay this figure over the years.

How long before some budding coaching guru tells us he's go the heart of a mouse?

Truth is simple.

He was good last season but not as good as most made out when he went back to Liverpool.
He's young and will continue to be inconsistent.
He's had a few injuries and is allowed to have the odd anonymous game or two.

All being said, I thought he played well enough last night and shouldn't be getting singled out.

I'm sure he got a knock in first half. Seen a tackle on him then looked like he was limping for short while after it

WATP

Not been good for us this season but perhaps not fit yet? Worrying is his lack of pace, he hasn't really got beyond any full backs so far. A few weeks in Tenerife should help.

I thought the last few games he was running in to trouble rather than take the easy option but he will come good

Would like to see him hug the touch line. Seems to drift in to where it’s congested. Stay wide and drove into the space

Still missing some match sharpness and possibly trying a wee bit hard which is causing some errors.

He’ll come good anyway now. All about confidence

He did not have the preseason of the rest of the guys and that showed both on Sunday and last night.
His touch was heavy and he seemed uncertain with the ball at his feet.

I don’t think Kent’s been that bad. However he often fails to produce an end product from his good work. He will develop.

There’s a lot of good stuff brewing with our club at the moment but everybody wants it yesterday. We must be patient.

Nothing wrong with Ryan Kents attitude.

He put himself about, and gave his all.

I think tiredness is affecting him, he has been playing far too much after a lengthy injury.

Honestly can't understand how someone with that pace can slow our game down so much. Always had his back to their net. His first touch was poor and his passing was always behind the player intended! Never really took on a man down the wing and was constantly looking to cut inside

Just shading a bit after coming back from injury. Just needs to play his way through it, maybe a couple of appearances from the bench to get him tested a bit.

He wasn’t switched on at all last night. Hopefully he’s back in form for the mentally challengeds

It’s probably just the amount of games he’s had to play after coming back from injury and also not having a proper preseason

He has been quiet last couple of games but he is a quality player that will get better and better

Nothing seems to be coming off for him these last couple of games, but we have seen what he is capable of. Surely he’ll get back to his best sooner rather than later.

Had a work thing on last night so just watching the game now on BT.

To me, Kent seems to have been better than this thread suggests.

Sometimes it works for him sometimes it doesnt. Such is the way with wingers. Davie Cooper had as many stinkers in a Rangers shirt as he did outstanding displays. I would have to agree though he hasn't looked a £7M player since coming back but i'm sure he will come good in time

Some amount of fans getting on his back as well in the GF.
That doesn't help a thing. Sometimes we're just too quick to criticise when what's maybe needed is us to lift the players instead.
Mate there a was a point in the second half I think Kamara or Aribo misplaced a pass out on the right and the collective moan from the stands was a fucking disgrace. Instead of whining when players try to play defence splitting passes or dribble past a few men and lose out to a good tackle, praise them for trying it and next time they try it might actually come off, don't hurl abuse at them cause they make the odd mistake like every player in existence does.

Back