Kent

Sakala deserved a start and after today has only strengthened his case.

Kent doesn’t have the end product of a 7m player at times and will be a better player for some competition finally
Today’s performance showed that the front three should be kent, Morelos(when he’s on it) and sakala. Hagi should be dropping out.

Kent doesn’t have the end product of a 7m player at times and will be a better player for some competition finally
I think Kent would have buried the first chance Fashion skied over the bar, but it’s a nice dilemma for Gio to have and hopefully the competition will keep them hungry.

Last edited:
Some option to have now either to play him or Sakala. Personally I feel both players are better in that wide left position instead of central or even on the right with Sakala.

Nice wee bit of competition for both of them.

Yeah I thought Sakala’s end product was brilliant today…

Yeah I thought Sakala’s end product was brilliant today…
Does that include the penalty he got us midweek?
Literally all I said is Kent could work on his end product and consistency considering we paid 7m for him.

Anyone who has watched Sakala this season can clearly see that he will bring the best out of Kent as there’s good competition now

Wasn’t even a negative post

Him and Davis rested. Perfect game to do it. A fit and firing Kent will be crucial at Tynecastle.
We never played well at Tynecastle under Gerrard and for me Kent was one of the worst culprits. I like Kent but I wouldn’t be resting him for Hearts, Sakala might be a better option going there.

Was poor again at hibs , but the danger is always there with him being ion the field , contributed massively in getting the penalty

I agree he was poor mate but, he was actually our most dangerous player, second half, if you think about our clear cut chances. I was wanting him hooked at half time too. Thankfully Gio knows a wee bit more than me :)

We never played well at Tynecastle under Gerrard and for me Kent was one of the worst culprits. I like Kent but I wouldn’t be resting him for Hearts, Sakala might be a better option going there.

Not how I see it mate, to win at Tynecastle we need all of our best players at it, and he certainly falls into that category. Agree it hasn't been a happy hunting ground for him but, even at the shambles of a Scottish Cup tie, he gets our goal.

Sakala has done his chances no harm at all though, thought he was really good today.

Six more games this month. We will need to lean heavily on both of these players.

So long as there is no issue then being able to rest them is great.

Not really read the thread, but I’d be really excited to see Kent Morelos Sakala as a front 3.

Seems like Gio is going to be a tad less predictable in team selection. Many of us thought Sakala could start against Hibs after his goal at Livi. No game time. Ditto Roofe after his cameo at Hibs yet he was unused today.
Early days but I find this quite refreshing and his use of subs has been fruitful so far. Something that the previous manager was often questioned about among the fanbase.

I’m actually hoping he doesn’t play Kent against Lyon but looks like he will after resting him today.
There is 600k up for grabs on Thursday and I think we could do with the dough also I am heading over and want to see our strongest team out !

Not how I see it mate, to win at Tynecastle we need all of our best players at it, and he certainly falls into that category. Agree it hasn't been a happy hunting ground for him but, even at the shambles of a Scottish Cup tie, he gets our goal.

Sakala has done his chances no harm at all though, thought he was really good today.
Don’t disagree, we failed at Tynecastle because it’s a unique very tight ground and it never suited our previous set up, hopefully it’ll suit our new approach better.

As I said I like Kent and he gets a lot of undeserved stick, he never hides and is always a threat.

Same team again for me. Show zero respect. They are shite.

Don’t disagree, we failed at Tynecastle because it’s a unique very tight ground and it never suited our previous set up, hopefully it’ll suit our new approach better.

As I said I like Kent and he gets a lot of undeserved stick, he never hides and is always a threat.

I expect us to be very similar in our set up to Easter Road. Fullbacks will be tucked in and we will look to be very compact and break quickly. It'll be interesting to see the team though because I thought we did the first part very well on Wednesday but lacked pace in the final third when we did get forward.

Like others I'd be tempted to go with both Kent and Sakala. Kent has clearly been rested with this game in mind and GVB raved about Sakala today.

Same team again for me. Show zero respect. They are shite.

I'd swap Hagi for Kent. Gio has started Hagi in all four games but, if we are to be compact, as I expect we will be he doesn't offer much in the way of an out ball, due to lack of pace.

Disagree they are 'shite'. Very well drilled and will come flying out at us.

I'd swap Hagi for Kent. Gio has started Hagi in all four games but, if we are to be compact, as I expect we will be he doesn't offer much in the way of an out ball, due to lack of pace.

Disagree they are 'shite'. Very well drilled and will come flying out at us.
Ill agree with my original opinion. They are shite. Whole history of being shite. Let them get above their station we'll end up being shite and losing. Protect the zero. Flush the shite away.

Ill agree with my original opinion. They are shite. Whole history of being shite. Let them get above their station we'll end up being shite and losing. Protect the zero. Flush the shite away.

That's a lot of shite there chief. :) It'll be a tough game on Sunday and, I won't dismiss them as you are but, I do think we go into this in a fantastic place. Few weeks ago I don't know how confident I'd have been. We look a different animal now though.

Back