Kent

They where shitting it when he got the ball, my concern was we still haven't worked out how to take advantage teams doubling up on him and creating space.
Kent continues to confuse and frustrate me - several years on.

He works his bollocks off - always coming back to cover, always finding space, always looking for the ball.

He doesn’t deliver enough for someone of his ability for me; but the wider team issue is the one you raise where he can be double-marked yet we struggle to make the additional man count.
I realise he is marked out of being able to be as effective as he & we would like but as a team we need to take better advantage of the situation.

Thought he was good first half, seemed to tire massively in second and most unlike him, went very quiet.
In fairness, their right back looked very good too.

First half thought he was our most dangerous player, looked right in the mood. 2nd half he didn’t want to know. Must be a fitness thing, should have been subbed after 60 mins imo

is obviously carrying a a injury that is being managed

again never hid and worked tirelessly, the second half PSV turned it up a notch

Thought, apart from one or two flashes, the Lazer Tazer guy had him in his pocket. Matondo would have caused him more trouble.

He looked really dangerous for the first hour and was ripping his marker apart but I agree with most of the comments on here that he visibly tired after about 65-70 mins and should have been replaced by Matondo or Salaka.

Great contest. Kent was shading it until last 20 minutes
People on here who criticise Kent would probably have criticised George Best because everything he tried didn’t come off.
We are a shadow of ourselves without Ryan Kent
Honestly do you believe what you have typed mate?

He was again posted missing again last night. Kent must be one of our most over rated players for years. He just runs into defenders and gives the ball away 95% time he has it.

Hi goal contribution is non exsistant.

Ryan was good in the first half and the last 15-20 minutes. Wasn’t in it first half hour after half time. Think some forget, Kent literally always has two players marking him.

Honestly do you believe what you have typed mate?

He was again posted missing again last night. Kent must be one of our most over rated players for years. He just runs into defenders and gives the ball away 95% time he has it.

Hi goal contribution is non exsistant.
There’s no exaggeration in this post. Definitely not. No way.

Deflection the normal response when people can't respond.
Posted missing.
Most overrated player in years.
Runs into defenders.
Gives the ball away 95% of the time.
Nil goal contribution.

I get you are clearly not keen on the guy, but fs mate, have a think back to last season. Generalising and without checking properly, but probably most of our European goals came via Ryan. Teams are now doubling up on him for a reason.

Posted missing.
Most overrated player in years.
Runs into defenders.
Gives the ball away 95% of the time.
Nil goal contribution.

I get you are clearly not keen on the guy, but fs mate, have a think back to last season. Generalising, but probably most of our European goals came via Ryan. Teams are now doubling up on him for a reason.
Ahh the doudling up nonsense. He plays well in 10 games a season if we're lucky.

Don't know how much the injury he sustained at Livingston is still affecting him?

Thought he had a good 1st half, 2nd half we just never moved the ball quick enough, even when he was in space. Spent too long causing ourselves problems with the passing around at the back, midfielders not being able to retain possession in the middle of the park and playing early balls.

Last night I thought he was holding his ankle mid 1st half but it ended up that he was taking a breather and fixing both his socks.

Love the guy but he definitely looked like he was still recovering from an injury tonight. Was very quiet IMO apart from one or two decent runs, but they didn’t penetrate it cause their defence an issue.

Thought he ought to have been subbed and to be honest for last 20 minutes or so, I would have tried Alfie along with Colak.

The score line is kind of irrelevant, even if we had won 3-2, or even lost 3-2, it is not a huge advantage to either side. The second leg is key and we must get it right.

Hopefully with another week of rest Kent will be sharper..
He is still recovering lack of match fitness after injury but given the fact of his height it was even harder for him to get by or round big players with long spider legs!

Took time to adjust his angles when trying to find right pace and movement to get by successfully but when he did he put the fear into them let's hope he is sharper for next week?

I thought he had a good game and sometimes wonder if people decide to have a go at the lads performance before kick off. Folk moan about how poor his numbers(yawn) are against the smaller club in Scotland well then you need to accept that last night he was up against a pretty good side.

Had we defended properly at set plays we would be in a great position.

He will probably set up the winner over there and some posters will still be going on about the times he gave the ball away trying to dance round their whole defence or the fact he didnt score it himself.

First half I thought he looked right up for it, but he was easily dealt with by an excellent defender, no shame in that. Second half was the Kent we see far too much of in my opinion, the one who just doesn’t do enough and let’s the game sort of pass him by.

I thought he had a good game and sometimes wonder if people decide to have a go at the lads performance before kick off. Folk moan about how poor his numbers(yawn) are against the smaller club in Scotland well then you need to accept that last night he was up against a pretty good side.

Had we defended properly at set plays we would be in a great position.

He will probably set up the winner over there and some posters will still be going on about the times he gave the ball away trying to dance round their whole defence or the fact he didnt score it himself.
By the same token, there are people who simply refuse to acknowledge the glaring flaws in his game.

By the same token, there are people who simply refuse to acknowledge the glaring flaws in his game.
I can accept there is a reason an EPL club hasnt just come in with stupid amounts of cash and taken him as hes not great in front of goal.

Do you go through every player in the squad, after every single fixture, and pick out their flaws ?

If not why not ?

I can accept there is a reason an EPL club hasnt just come in with stupid amounts of cash and taken him as hes not great in front of goal.

Do you go through every player in the squad, after every single fixture, and pick out their flaws ?

If not why not ?
All of our players have flaws, otherwise they'd be playing at the very top level.
Actually I do tend to analyse our players after every game. The difference with Ryan Kent is the fawning that goes on over him on here.
Your post is the proof in the pudding. Any perceived criticism is jumped on and the pack gather to "hunt down" those with the temerity to criticise Golden Boy.

It wasnt his best game, and their right back played well however, he still had moments, numerous times in the game he glided past 2 or 3 players and just the final part didn't come off.

One point in the second half he skipped past 3 players and tried to slide Lawrence in but the ball was blocked, he was millimetres away from doing so.

Yes he can be frustrating, but my god he is a fantastic player.

Thought he had a very good first half, but like a lot of our players, faded in the 2nd as PSV changed their tactics and got on top of us.

Kent gives more than his fair share in every game puts teams on the back foot with his runs we definitely miss him when he's not in our team

Last edited:
The full back Teze he was up against has recently been playing for the Dutch national side.

Do the people criticising take no consideration of the opponents quality?

He was limping toward the end, it was clear and obvious. If he’s not fit, we can’t expect him to change the game.

He came really close with that excellent run near the end of the match but failed to create anything with it. Tillman should have stayed on and Arfield replace Kent.

He took a knock in the second half just appeared to be an impact injury but he seemed to run it off with a couple of lates runs.

was pretty quiet to be fair but don’t know if that was keeping their RB quiet sometimes it’s not all about what you do with the ball. His positioning and presence is enough to force defenders back creating space for others. Was wasteful on a couple of occasions and Tillman could have played him in on another couple. Offered Borna nothing for 90% of the second half though.

Kent gives more than his fair share in every game puts teams on the back foot with his runs we definitely miss him when he's not in our team
This is the simple fact of it.

This 100%. We have been saying this from his first season. We could do much better.
I don't disagree with the post you were replying to in terms of feeling he could be adding more numbers to his game.. Not so sure about your last comment though.

& arguably if he was doing that, he very possibly wouldn't be here anymore.

All of our players have flaws, otherwise they'd be playing at the very top level.
Actually I do tend to analyse our players after every game. The difference with Ryan Kent is the fawning that goes on over him on here.
Your post is the proof in the pudding. Any perceived criticism is jumped on and the pack gather to "hunt down" those with the temerity to criticise Golden Boy.
I’d suggest Kent is far from being the golden boy on here.

Back