Kent

Ryan was good in the first half and the last 15-20 minutes. Wasn’t in it first half hour after half time. Think some forget, Kent literally always has two players marking him.
Didn't they dominate when he wasn't in it? Yep they did! The guys guarding him had Danny long legs that did well against a short of fitness not long back from injury guy who eventually worked out how to get round them when he went on a run?

I can’t go that far back, AV,
Only just short mind you.
However, my dad would’ve agreed.
More a team player as well.
More about beating his man and creating the chance than Johnstone’s beat the man, beat him again, then again, only too lose it, creating nothing.
Absolutely.
There's a clip they always use where he turns big Davie Provan inside out, three or four times and makes not one yard of progress up the park, then loses the ball.
When Wee Willie beat you, that was you beat and out of the game at that point. He got his cross in, or got a shot away while Johnstone was beating the same man for the fourth time on the halfway line.
Of course, on occasion Johnstone could and did get it right, but not nearly as often as Henderson.

Didn't they dominate when he wasn't in it? Yep they did! The guys guarding him had Danny long legs that did well against a short of fitness not long back from injury guy who eventually worked out how to get round them when he went on a run?
...and what happened at the end of that run?

...and what happened at the end of that run?
He lost the ball however that run is what he can do better when fully match fit it's the next few runs am looking forward to as that should give him some more confidence that he were able to pass two or three players of a better quality from our own league!

What do you want to do Alex sell him for losing the ball? Bench him when we might just need one of his runs to change the game? These defenders made it hard for him it will be interesting battle next week and yes I am as frustrated as yourself when we do well then fluff the decisions at the end of a play or bad defending and giving cheap possession away!

Let's just hope all of our calls are the right ones be it on the park or from the sidelines? Top of our game if we get it will be enough imo! They are good and their fans sounded great against Monaco from extra time anyway am nervous but looking forward to it!

He lost the ball however that run is what he can do better when fully match fit it's the next few runs am looking forward to as that should give him some more confidence that he were able to pass two or three players of a better quality from our own league!

What do you want to do Alex sell him for losing the ball? Bench him when we might just need one of his runs to change the game? These defenders made it hard for him it will be interesting battle next week and yes I am as frustrated as yourself when we do well then fluff the decisions at the end of a play or bad defending and giving cheap possession away!

Let's just hope all of our calls are the right ones be it on the park or from the sidelines? Top of our game if we get it will be enough imo! They are good and their fans sounded great against Monaco from extra time anyway am nervous but looking forward to it!
I don't advocate selling him until we have someone better in that position, which we don't have,at present. That doesn't prevent my frustration at a player who should be capable of so much more than he currently gives us.

Ok you’re missing my point I agree he played fantastic against Ross County. If Celtic win the league that’s the game I’ll remember back to as the one that got them over the line!

Think it's you who is missing the point.

Nobody can deny that Jota has started this season on fire. His numbers last year were very good as well considering it was his first season, as were Abada's (who was mainly a sub).

It all comes back to Kent not producing as much as he should given his ability.

I like Kent and he brings a lot to the team particularly in European games where he is coming up against better opposition and this seems to bring out the best in him rather than the utter shite we encounter in 90% of our games in the SPFL with anti football tactics.

So the kent lovers whats the word today on the usual spl performance when he had 2 good chances and as usual his lines were fluffed he does not win games domestically when we need them one one good game i 10 or a goal here and there ... but hes better than cooper or Laudrup do you know !

Passing and shooting woeful as usual.

He’s like a defender when he gets into the box, total nosebleed and crumbles.

He cost us £7m.

For me he finds the hard part easy, and the easier part hard.

You can't really teach players to go past defenders with ease, but you can definitely coach shooting and decision making.

Baffling why he finds scoring so difficult in such a piss poor league.

Kent continues to confuse and frustrate me - several years on.

He works his bollocks off - always coming back to cover, always finding space, always looking for the ball.

He doesn’t deliver enough for someone of his ability for me; but the wider team issue is the one you raise where he can be double-marked yet we struggle to make the additional man count.
I realise he is marked out of being able to be as effective as he & we would like but as a team we need to take better advantage of the situation.
We didn’t pay 7m for a grafter though let’s be honest. I’ve been a fan but I agree he’s so frustrating now. Doesn’t get enough goals / assists

Love Kent but he looks every bit a player who hasn’t had a challenge for 4 years.

£7m was a lot of money and when compared to other players at that price he will be criticised if he isn’t winning games single handedly.

Just watched his big chance in first half its criminal not wanting to shoot from that point even if like his other chance that he put over the rugby posts at least he took the shoot on . Just fuckn shoot everytime your in the box

The one time Borna overlapped with him we score.

Once again I hope that the team and Gio pick up on this but somehow I doubt it.

Kent for me is not effective. Sure, his little tricks are great to watch but his end product is non-existent.

He barely touched the ball the second half and should have been whipped off for Sakala. Of course Sakala isn't one of Gio's favourites

Gave the ball away too many times
Was the only player showing any urgency. He gets pelters for shooting and for not shooting , for taking his man on and losing possession and for playing it safe and keeping possession, for tracking back and for not tracking back. His end product wasn’t there today but he was our only threat of any substance throughout.
Again on the subject of Kent there are valid opinions re end product and lack of goals and then there is moon howling madness about his obvious ability and importance to our side

Was the only player showing any urgency. He gets pelters for shooting and for not shooting , for taking his man on and losing possession and for playing it safe and keeping possession, for tracking back and for not tracking back. His end product wasn’t there today but he was our only threat of any substance throughout.
Again on the subject of Kent there are valid opinions re end product and lack of goals and then there is moon howling madness about his obvious ability and importance to our side

Is it ever?

The only attacking wide player who never gambles and gets himself in goalscoring positions when our right back - and best crosser of the ball - has it.

Until we get a manager in who’s not afraid to sacrifice the sacred cows in the team we’re going nowhere. Kent being one of them.

Another player where the lack of interest/bids from other clubs tells you all you need to know.

I will say it until I am blue in the face. Our wingers need to be inside forwards not wingers. They need to be scoring more, they need to be making late runs on the back post more.

There were two crosses in the first half to Kents side and he was nowhere to be seen. He should anticipating them and be hitting that back post early. Our management team should be forcing that.

I wish he would use the ability he has to get to the byeline and cut the ball back. He insists on cutting inside beating 3 men then either passing when he needs to shoot or shooting when he needs to pass

And yet again. Kent flatters to deceive. He does great things up until the last pass and his runs invariably - and more often than not - end up bringing no end product. He has become such a frustrating player. His energy and running are useless if it does not produce anything at the end. Arghhhh

Back