Kent

Don't even think we need him. Reckon Jones can have a similar impact but Gerrard cant look past Ojo or in todays case just not bother starting a proper winger

After watching that, anyone who thinks we don’t need Kent is absolutely brain dead.

We must burst the bank for him. Otherwise say goodbye to 55 this season.

What would you consider "bursting the bank" would be, how much as a transfer and what level of wages. I'm interested to know how far you would go.

If Kent is signed, there's going to be a lot of pressure on him given how some have built him up.

Within a couple of games, we'll be getting the criticism.

I was going to say that it's even more frustrating that we shelled out 3 million for a CB, but we may need him seeing as Goldson needs benched.

I honestly dont understand Liverpools stance on Ryan Kent.

I'm sure his value would increase and thus become more of an asset to them if he was allowed back to Rangers for another season to play in Europa league and also help the team push for a title and cups.

Sitting in Liverpools U23s surely is not doing anything for the lads development it will only hinder his progress it's a case of out of sight out of mind playing with the U23s.

Rangers are worldwide news the lad would get massive exposure if he had a successful season with us so I honestly do not understand why they are playing hardball.

I can see him seeing out his contract down there and leaving them on a bosman.

Mental decision TBH.

Gerrard should be on his way to Anfield all the same to plead with the decision makers to allow the lad to return, even untill January and they can assess the situation.

After watching that, anyone who thinks we don’t need Kent is absolutely brain dead.

Kent was average last season up until the last few games . If Kent was this amazing player how come we couldn’t beat the sheep in the cup , at Johnstone Livingston and again we won nothing . We have the tools within our team to win the league already . They need to turn up EVERY game . Today far too many were posting missing , the gaffer called it wrong . Bad day at office . Buying Kent wouldn’t have changed that . Time to forget about him

If we go with Ojo, Jones, Stewart and Barker we're winning feck all let's be honest. Kent and Candeias streets ahead of all 4 in effort, pace and closing down.

There is a danger that some view Kent as the answer to all our woes. Today's result demonstrated that we need more than a tricky winger. We have a deep squad with many 'decent' players, but there is still a lack of genuine quality in about 4 or 5 key areas that will continue to hurt us if not addressed.

In my wee humble opinion all I see is a very large squad, with most of them not good enough for a team hoping to win the SPL.
Really hope I’m proved wrong, but #55 won’t be won this season unless we bring in more quality, and I can’t see that happening now!
If we can’t come out top in the four head to head matches v Bheast FC we’ve little chance - and we’re down 3 points already.

I must be brain dead, clearly.

With the exception of scoring at The Piggery, setting up Jack at New Year and slapping Scot Brown. Just what are everyone’s memories of Kent?

Over paying for a Liverpool Under 23 is not the magic bullet.

He looked good in spells and has lots of ability but I still think his end product was well short of being worth north 5million quid though.

We should never be bursting the bank for any player ever again. We spend what we can afford. He’s far from the finished article and I wouldn’t be pushing the boat out for him.

Kent isn't the be all and end all but he would go some way to improving us. He can navigate in tight spaces in the final third and currently we don't have anyone else who can do that as effectively .

We should never be bursting the bank for any player ever again. We spend what we can afford. He’s far from the finished article and I wouldn’t be pushing the boat out for him.

Thankfully it's the board making these decisions, and I think they agree with you.

Depends on how long Jones will be out. He will miss a couple of matches with the red card but is currently on crutches.

Back