Kerching without stadium expansion

I personally think we have a proper Football Stadium, none of this scaffolding type roofs.
Improve the facilities on a matchday and no one will complain ( well on FF they will:) )

If I could change one thing about the stadium it wouldn’t be the screens it would be to be able to find a way of filling in the corners at the Main Stand. It would give the stadium that complete look.
Would probably involve knocking down the stairs we have at either side and rebuilding them right enough and incorporating them into the corners.
Probably would be the most expensive upgrade of all so will never happen in my lifetime.
You can’t join the Main Stand to the two end stands.

Talking on WhatsApp about the probable lack of new seats....basically in domestic situation £ can't be generated compared to vast outlay. We maybe f***ed up a bit in the 90s.

Anyway, what can we do? Perhaps Bar 72 at front of Copland and Broomloan? Revamp Club Deck to genuinely fancy area....bars, flat screen TV, coffee, kids facilities (x box etc). Temporary stands where screens are but not 'resting' on the same foundation....like they did for Russia 2018.

Any ideas?
Reckon this is going to be off the table for the foreseeable. I can’t see it being on the agenda with the Corona-v thing going on. Not sure how social distancing is going to work or whether having 4 separate stands is better than a bowl for that, but I think the division of the main stand into three levels could work to our advantage there. If SD is the reality for a few years our stadium design is either going to be beneficial or a massive hinderance.

In theory would it be possible to raise the roof bit by bit and add extra rows at the rear of each stand or is it completely impossible

In theory would it be possible to raise the roof bit by bit and add extra rows at the rear of each stand or is it completely impossible
If you add rows to the rear, you'd need to extend the roof to cover them.
gn162.png

I think we all know that huge stadium expansion is unlikely anytime soon. Any increases in capacity will be small.

The big focus is on the Copland Way and the revenue that will bring in over the coming years.

Most of the teams bring hardly any supporters to our stadium except for the paedohiders that we don't want, and some Euro teams.
I would look at bringing the lesser supported teams numbers of tickets allocated to reality, and having the potential to keep them hidden from cameras same as the Paedohiders do and being able to segregate them more efficiently, hence leaving more room for our supporters.

I’ve posted before on this, once Covid is resolved and assuming the civils are not insurmountable, then a feasibility study for a new tier, preferably on the Govan should be looked at.

I believe the popularity of Bar 72 shows there exists a high demand for premium seating.

We should look at creating an “Exec Deck” with premium seats at a premium price. This could be marketed to both the better off fan looking for that kind of experience, but also SMEs looking to get hospitality seats at a price affordable to them.

It could be asset financed separate to the day to day cash flow based on future ticket receipts.

If the engineering permitted, I think this is financially potentially viable.

Matchday programmes.

Why don't the club advertise for subscribers to the physical matchday program? Make the closed doors matches limited to subscribers only so they have limited run, become more collectible/rare and thus encourage more to subscribe for them?

Just say we get 10,000 subscribing at 3 quid a pop. 30 grand a match, £750k revenue over the course of a season (based on 25 home matches).

That's not a bad amount at a time when every penny counts.

Matchday programmes.

Why don't the club advertise for subscribers to the physical matchday program? Make the closed doors matches limited to subscribers only so they have limited run, become more collectible/rare and thus encourage more to subscribe for them?

Just say we get 10,000 subscribing at 3 quid a pop. 30 grand a match, £750k revenue over the course of a season (based on 25 home matches).

That's not a bad amount at a time when every penny counts.
The issue there is that now we can get the matchday programmes online where you can subscribe to already it's just marketing the product or Rangers products we haven't hit the nail on the head yet.

As much as the recent news about edminston house and it’s upgrade are welcome I still feel the corners being filled in should be the priorit, we are told we have around 13k on the waiting list ideal to get some in a s season ticket holders, I’m assuming we will never hear of the feasibility study carried out recently ever again

There’s no way there should be 100s of empty seats when the likes of Hamilton are visiting. That needs to be fixed, will generate significant income.

Apart from that we are looking at modest capacity increases realistically... 2-3 thousand max.

Talking on WhatsApp about the probable lack of new seats....basically in domestic situation £ can't be generated compared to vast outlay. We maybe f***ed up a bit in the 90s.

Anyway, what can we do? Perhaps Bar 72 at front of Copland and Broomloan? Revamp Club Deck to genuinely fancy area....bars, flat screen TV, coffee, kids facilities (x box etc). Temporary stands where screens are but not 'resting' on the same foundation....like they did for Russia 2018.

Any ideas?
The only thing wrong with the Club Deck is the two inch plastic ridge jutting out from the top of the seat in front of you into your knees,remove that and it would be perfect for me.

Surely a quick win to make more revenue on a match day would be to move away fans to BF1. There’s absolutely no need for the segregation in the corner re free seats when we are playing teams outwith the scum, sheep or Hibs.
Watching old videos on YouTube in 1999/2000 we have away fans in BF1 so it can be done.
Looks a pure eyesore as well when the tv cameras pans over the corner and it’s empty.

Can you imagine the board committing tens of millions to some sort of expansion while Celtic are winning trophy after trophy, and we are currently still running on big losses?

The uproar on why we weren't spending that money on players would be massive.

We are still emerging from the darkness of 2012. We are only this summer in charge of our own retail FFS. Let's walk before we can run, let's get back to our rightful place at the top of Scottish football again first, while making affordable upgrades to our great stadium & the surrounding areas.

Concentrate on making the match day experience the best it can be for our fans. Thankfully the board are looking to do just that.

Can you imagine the board committing tens of millions to some sort of expansion while Celtic are winning trophy after trophy, and we are currently still running on big losses?

The uproar on why we weren't spending that money on players would be massive.

We are still emerging from the darkness of 2012. We are only this summer in charge of our own retail FFS. Let's walk before we can run, let's get back to our rightful place at the top of Scottish football again first, while making affordable upgrades to our great stadium & the surrounding areas.

Concentrate on making the match day experience the best it can be for our fans. Thankfully the board are looking to do just that.
Your spot on. We should be focusing all our financial energy on toppling the beasts.

Back