Kerry Dixon ex Chelsea class act. Happy birthday Phil

Professor Yaffle

Official Ticketer
Years ago I got to know a guy on the old board, he was a big Chelsea fan who loved the Gers too. He's a character and met him a couple of times down south at Chelsea games.

He knows plenty of bears and has been up to Ibrox on a number of occasions.

Anyway he's not been too well, immune system not good and is having to shield but today is his 70th birthday. He can't see his sons due to his situation and his friends have been sending him best wishes which he seems made up with.

What helped lift his spirits was a recorded personal message from Kerry Dixon which I've heard I found it really classy and a great touch. Then got told Kerry called him for ten minutes also. Fabulous.

Anyway, well done Kerry Dixon, happy 70th Phil (not sure if you still read here) and get well soon.

Your stories are magic and his latest was the time David Speedie asked for Phil's autograph in the pub.

Was talking to a mate tonight whose hero is Kerry Dixon, He was over for a Q&A once and ended up my mate's parents for an Ulster fry. Was a complete gentleman the whole time and spent time going through the fellow's collection of cuttings (which was quite extensive) featuring the man himself. The story above seems to confirm this. BTW get well soon Phil.

Happy Birthday Psycho Phil.

A class act.

What a night Munich was. Amsterdam not the worst the year after...

Last edited:
Happy birthday and get well soon Phil.

I've got to add that I didn't read the thread title clearly and was hoping that Kerry Dixon was much younger, much prettier and had a lot less penis :confused:

Was talking to a mate tonight whose hero is Kerry Dixon, He was over for a Q&A once and ended up my mate's parents for an Ulster fry. Was a complete gentleman the whole time and spent time going through the fellow's collection of cuttings (which was quite extensive) featuring the man himself. The story above seems to confirm this. BTW get well soon Phil.
PR by any chance?
Kerry Dixon seems a real gentleman going by first hand stories.
Get well soon Phil.

Happy Birthday Psycho Phil.

A class act.

What a night Munich was. Amsterdam not the worst the year after...
That was a great read. Cheers for posting.

Was talking to a mentally challenged during the week who empty’s our portaloos (appropriate job for a tim) who was telling me he worked in London, and was in Kerry Dixon’s company often and said he’s an absolute gentleman.

One of my memories of Ibrox in the early 70s was Chelsea fans who'd travelled up. Later, I'd see them at our Euro games. So, for my generation, the Blues Brothers really matter. Happy birthday, Phil. Good luck to you & Frank jnr.

My mind might be playing tricks on me but I’m sure Kerry Dickson spoke at the Rangers v Chelsea legends game I was at a few years back at Sutton. Seemed a good guy.

One of phils past escapades

I was doing some work for Telstra out in Melbourne. The equivalent of BT over here. I had an informal Sat morning meeting with couple of their Project Managers.
It was on a day of an Old Firm match which cos of time difference wasnt kO until about 11pm.
Informal meeting, so i was in jeans but with a shirt over my Chelsea Rangers Blues Bros t-shirt.
After the short meeting, one them, Chris, suggested a beer in a mock English pub he knew in the centre.
So we settled into the pub, seated near the window away from the bar, fully charged with my ice cold Fullers London Pride, finished off with a traditional 2 inches of Aussie foamy head!
And then it happened! A whole troup, probably 15 to 20 of green hoop shirted low life entering on mass. Even without the shirts they were unmistakable by the dirty finger nails, acne, greasy hair and rust coloured teeth!
Noisy bast#rds crowded at the bar. Chris goes up to bar and gets buffeted to feck trying to get 2 beers in. Most of which ends up on the floor.
Shortly afterwards I decide to get 2 full pints myself.
I remove my shirt, fully, and proudly, displaying my Blues Brothers t-shirt, resplendent with both club badges on the back of it.
Deciding that Chris's polite tactics to get to the bar didn't work, I decide on Plan B. And make very effective use of both elbows.
I get served quickly and immediately by a now very pissed off barman.
And before they close ranks I get back to my seat. Albeit, having to stand on the odd toe or kneecap the odd thigh. But both pints pretty much full. So mission accomplished.
Having learnt over the years to never turn your back on the enemy, i turn my chair round to face the mob, t-shirt and all!
At that point, the gold medallist of Manky Man of the Year struts over and sets up a stare and then takes a good swig of his beer. So far, so good
But....
.. Then he gobs the whole mouthful over me and my t-shirt!
Now, for those of you that know me well, as an unassuming, quiet, retreating type of guy, I took my time to consider my response. Should I ask for an apology? Should I beat a hasty retreat? Should I call the Police? etc etc
After careful considerstion of all the options, lasting for anything up to 0.00001 of a second, I was up on my feet and before he could even finish his greasy smirk to his mates, landed the wallop of all time full bang on his snozzle. My dad was a boxer and he taught me how to fight and he would have been proud of that one. The immediate feeling of disintegrating and crumbling bone as the fist sunk into his chops.
Oh wow, claret spurting everywhere and the medal winning Mr Manky laying somewhat dazed on the floor having chucked his own beer over himself enroute!
Momentary silence in rest of the pub. And then 3 maybe 4 of the manky brigade move over. But slowly and with what i had learnt from instinct over the years, uncertainty.
And, as they delayed amd didn't steam into me straight away I knew their cause was lost and i didnt have to get into a full scale scrap.
In fact there was very little resistance when the pub staff very quickly ushered them all out. Two of them cradling a now much claret splatered Mr Manky.
When they had gone, I saw the manager heading over to me. I thought Here we go, me next. But instead there was a member of staff behind him with 2 fresh pints and a couple of packets of crisps.
And all he said was
"Thanks. These are on the house. You saved us the trouble of chucking tbem out "!

In a mirror image my big mate Stevie mad Chelsea and Rangers fan in hospital with the Covid and it brought on a heart attack, in his 60’s one of the old headhunters.
Had him up a couple of times the last was last year I was giving him my ticket for the called off OF game, so we went to the Bristol bar for some tunes instead.B-D
Met him in a bar in Marmaris he was singing rather loudly “when I was young I had no sense” in deep cockney accent, sort of a knew there and then I would get to know him.:D
Get well soon my Chelsea brothers.

Back