Kerryfail Meltdown - Yes, they are nutjobs!

This was so completely out of order that even just a mention of it now enrages me.

English wasn't the guys first language and they allowed him to be totally put on the spot like that. Digging him up over a throwaway comment. Utter f*cking bullshit.

I reckon if they fall more than 9 points behind us then Ange will be gone.

A throwaway comment that Sutton the big fanny would have slaughtered him for regardless of how he answered.

It was a financially impaired Sutton knowing fine well that is only ticket out of bankruptcy was winding up Raners players, managers and staff.

:D

McStay
22K8,246

Older than dirt

5:14 PM - 1 day ago#7286

Hart (75 caps for England)

Juranovic (starting RB for Croatia)

Carter Vickers (very good player on loan from a top club)

McCarthy (just shy of 300 EPL appearances)

Turnbull (created more chances than Messi last season and scored a hat trick a few weeks ago)

Rogic (almost 50 Australia caps and over 200 Celtic appearances)

Ajeti (Coming off a man of the match performance away to a very good La Liga side and a great goal record in a league comparible to ours)

You're trying to tell me we didn't have more than enough to beat Livingston?

Stop it.
Two hundred appearances from 600 games.

giphy.gif

34 minutes ago#7819
I fear we have a manager out of his depth and one with an unhealthy obsession with all out attack. The other thing that concerns me is in his entire career he won't have faced situations like he'll face almost every game up here and that's the bus parked in front of goal. I'm not sure his philosophy has an answer for that.

They are bricking it. :))

All this "Ajax Model" talk belongs in the 1990s anyway.
Completely stupid stuff.

These days the big clubs are buying up more and more young talent earlier and earlier.
Very true. I read an article about how Brentford were having a lot of success after realising it was impossible to sign young players, develop them then sell them to a big club. They changed their strategy to giving a second chance to guys the big clubs had developed but who didn't quite make the grade.

When you think of it we have a few gems that fit that mould too. Kent didn't quite make it at Liverpool & same with Kamara at Arsenal, but they got great football education's which we're now reaping the benefit of.

And that one win was only to stop us getting 2nd place in the league

They'll deny it, and aberdeen fans will scoff at it, but they absolutely threw that game.

However...

Imagine they didn't, and we finished 2nd instead of aberdeen, who drew Burnley in Europa qualifying the next season in the 1st round. Would that have been us instead, most likely out in the first round of qualifying in Gerrard's first season? No Maribor and Ufa results to really build the confidence, no first block of EL group money to allow us to buy and keep our best players as we slowly built towards 55. That first season qualification was the first building block. Funny how it all works out...

Something strange about their (other) Irish signing, Scales. Supposedly arrived match fit but can’t get near the team and he’s 23.

Back