Kerryfail Meltdown - Yes, they are nutjobs!

Your first question stating the club are working on it acknowledges that it’s an issue.

We are working on it, far too late but better late than never. This pre-dates 2012, our trophy haul since 2000 hasn’t been good enough.

Not glass half empty just how it is unfortunately, football is driven by money if you have more of it than your rivals you’ll be more successful.
You say this pre dates 2012 but also say our trophy haul since 2000 hasn't been good enough. But if you take it from 2001 - 2011 then I make it 15 major trophies including 5 championships. Also a European final. Apart from the 9 in a row era that's about as successful a period of time as we've had. Certainly in most of our life times. You can't include 2012 - 2018 for obvious reasons so apart from recent cup failures I don't see how it could have been much better?

That’s a fair point.

You’re right about post 2012. And the stats from 2001-2011 aren’t as bad as they probably could have been/felt. 2 of the league titles were last day wins (one only really Marvin believed) and the other 3 were delivered by the only man who could do 3IAR while paying down debt at the rate we had to.

You say this pre dates 2012 but also say our trophy haul since 2000 hasn't been good enough. But if you take it from 2001 - 2011 then I make it 15 major trophies including 5 championships. Also a European final. Apart from the 9 in a row era that's about as successful a period of time as we've had. Certainly in most of our life times. You can't include 2012 - 2018 for obvious reasons so apart from recent cup failures I don't see how it could have been much better?

That’s a fair point.

You’re right about post 2012. And the stats from 2001-2011 aren’t as bad as they probably could have been/felt. 2 of the league titles were last day wins (one only really Marvin believed) and the other 3 were delivered by the only man who could do 3IAR while paying down debt at the rate we had to.
Weird to put a negative slant on Rangers achievements

Not glass half empty though o_O:rolleyes:

That’s a fair point.

Going by your logic Man U should win the EPL every year, 55 was impossible and there is no point employing the better management/background staff. Sort of get your point but we started from miles behind in all departments. Its not long till we overtake them again in all departments. We are the bigger club and 60000 capacity means nothing when 20000 of the seats are empty btw

Going by your logic Man U should win the EPL every year, 55 was impossible and there is no point employing the better management/background staff. Sort of get your point but we started from miles behind in all departments. Its not long till we overtake them again in all departments. We are the bigger club and 60000 capacity means nothing when 20000 of the seats are empty btw
This is not the thread for petty squabbles.

No one will agree with me and I’ll get abuse, or worse called a timposter but ignore the nonsense comparison with WW2 and nazi Germany there is an important point we need to address.

The disparity in stadium capacities, the amount of money we bring in with retail/hospitality needs corrected. Until those fundamental differences are sorted we are swimming against the tide and long-term we’re unlikely to remain the most successful club.
Why would it when they don’t sell out their stadium? You can have all the capacity you want but it’s tickets sold that’s most important.

Your first question stating the club are working on it acknowledges that it’s an issue.

We are working on it, far too late but better late than never. This pre-dates 2012, our trophy haul since 2000 hasn’t been good enough.

Not glass half empty just how it is unfortunately, football is driven by money if you have more of it than your rivals you’ll be more successful.
No offence mate but can you stop polluting this thread with this rubbish?

Why would it when they don’t sell out their stadium? You can have all the capacity you want but it’s tickets sold that’s most important.
And, in terms of profit, it also depends on how many tickets are sold at full price and how many are concession. Didn't they have to change their gate/ticketing systems a few years back because of the number of their fans abusing it and pretending to be kids?

Seems that many of the Bhoys problems stem from bhoys...

And, in terms of profit, it also depends on how many tickets are sold at full price and how many are concession. Didn't they have to change their gate/ticketing systems a few years back because of the number of their fans abusing it and pretending to be kids?

Seems that many of the Bhoys problems stem from bhoys...
Aye...wee boys. :eek:

Imagine being this angry about the finances of a club you don't support . But also being angry because fans of other clubs don't care about the finances of this club . Seethe and pain this clown will end on a early grave with all the bitterness and hate that he feeds on.

mobile pic upload

upload image and link

The loss of Terry Munro hurts him deeply, excellent. Haahhaaaa.

What’s the negative slant?
Sorry but you're kidding aren't you..?

You don't think saying we won more trophies than we should have in that period, because 2 were only won on the last day, and that three other trophies were effectively won against the odds, is putting a negative slant on those achievements..?

We can't walk every Title and Trophy. At some times the scum are going to be close to us.

BTW:

2000 - 2012

Champions: Rangers 6, Scum 7
Scottish Cup Winners: Rangers 5, Scum 5
League Cup Winners: Rangers 6, Scum 4

And on the subject of the UEFA Cup Final Season, being forced to play FIVE games in 10 days utterly robbed us of a League Title which would have made us Champions 7 times v the Scum's 6 in the period you refer to.

I prefer to not talk down my Club's achievements. Cheers.

Last edited:
I prefer that we win more leagues than them and in that period we didn’t.

Sorry but you're kidding aren't you..?

You don't think saying we won more trophies than we should have in that period, because 2 were only won on the last day, and that three other trophies were effectively won against the odds, is putting a negative slant on those achievements..?

We can't walk every Title and Trophy. At some times the scum are going to be close to us.

BTW:

2000 - 2012

Champions: Rangers 6, Scum 7
Scottish Cup Winners: Rangers 5, Scum 5
League Cup Winners: Rangers 6, Celtic 4

And on the subject of the UEFA Cup Final Season, being forced to play FIVE games in 10 days utterly robbed us of a League Title which would have made us Champions 7 times v the Scum's 6 in the period you refer to.

I prefer to not talk down my Club's achievements. Cheers.

I wasn’t downplaying them though and I didn’t say we won more than we should have. If anything highlighting that we won from a point of disadvantage is talking up achievements.

My original point is there are significant disadvantages that we need to overcome, some of which pre-date 2012, if we want to maintain our status as world’s most successful club.

This isn’t the thread for it but we need to increase our revenue streams, off-field influence and global reach. We need better brand protection and a long term media strategy. Not many would disagree with that.

Every one of us prefers we steamroller them every season, but that wasn't your point or mine.

You were asked why you were downplaying the Titles we did achieve.

And we won more trophies than them in that period. That's a fact.

I wasn’t downplaying them though and I didn’t say we won more than we should have. If anything highlighting that we won from a point of disadvantage is talking up achievements.

My original point is there are significant disadvantages that we need to overcome, some of which pre-date 2012, if we want to maintain our status as world’s most successful club.

This isn’t the thread for it but we need to increase our revenue streams, off-field influence and global reach. We need better brand protection and a long term media strategy. Not many would disagree with that.
Start another thread mate if you feel so strongly as this one is exclusively for laughing at filth fans and we will be heading into peak meltdown soon

I'm not going to participate in the derailing of this thread anymore.

My point still stands. If you want to discuss it further start a new thread.

There's a select bunch of seriously deranged and unhealthy celtic fan users on twitter. Once you realise twitter is completely removed from reality then you'll see that it has no impact whatsoever. Folk can make super long posts about referee mistakes or whatever but it only has traction on twitter anywhere else it isn't taken seriously. The celtic maniacs are worrying in a mental health sense, all their effort and work is completely fantasy and only gains kudos from other bozo peers who are fully locked into the twitter madlands. We know the select bunch and I'm sure they check in and will read this at some point. For the record this long post only acknowledges their deranged efforts as that is soley what they are, the content they produce is basically removing rubbish from the bin and claiming its worthy.

They are all jizzing in their scants because Fat Ange has had a wee hissy fit over McGree and said he'll never try and convince anyone to sign for Celtic (even though he made a "personal appeal" to him). If they don't recognise the opportunity then they shouldn't be at the club. Lol. They're lapping it up aswell. Sounds great, a manager who won't bother his arse trying to sell his club to potential signings as if he's above it.

Back