Kerryfail Meltdown - Yes, they are nutjobs!

Ffs we have just played in the europa league final and I would not have the audacity to refer to us as an elite team on the European stage.

Yet!
tims all over estimate their team's real stadards, becasue of domestic success, though you'd think the penny's finally dropped that they's ain't that good outside of our wee pond, but looks like that'll no happen anytime soon, where as I think our support have a more realistic view as to where we stand in a european/wider picture sense

Jesus fûcking christ :))

Almost as bad as Forrests continual wanking about being put out with 9 points.

That failed Euro campaign last season is going to end up with the same mythical status as the group stage win away to an understrength Lazio side that also played second fiddle to Cluj in that group.

They beat the worst side in the competition and beat Betis at home by 1 goal when the group was already decided ffs.

Jesus fûcking christ :))

Almost as bad as Forrests continual wanking about being put out with 9 points.

That failed Euro campaign last season is going to end up with the same mythical status as the group stage win away to an understrength Lazio side that also played second fiddle to Cluj in that group.

They beat the worst side in the competition and beat Betis at home by 1 goal when the group was already decided ffs.
Betis rested players in both games against them as did Leverkusen in Germany. If flange doesn't change his system in Europe they will be spanked all over the Champions League .

Ffs we have just played in the europa league final and I would not have the audacity to refer to us as an elite team on the European stage.

Yet!
A major difference in our attitude right there.
They don’t know the meaning of the word “respectful”, or indeed, “humility”.
They are the best team in the world and if they don’t win a particular game or trophy, it’s only because they’ve been cheated.

Can’t wait to hear of them getting absolute done in Europe again. Yeah they go straight into the group stages but the quality will be a lot higher than what they are use to so hopefully a lot of high scoring defeats

It's up to us (again) next season to keep the coefficient ticking over. C*ltic will take an absolutely hammering in the CL as you say, fingers crossed we also make it and then drop down to the EL go on another run. Personally think Hearts will get an absolute rogering in Europe too sadly.

The negative here is that the scum, if the sign these two, they’ll be spending a fair wedge, £15m if you believe what septic fans gleefully boast they’re spending, and it isn’t improving their team from last season.
It may have escaped you but we didn’t win the title.

We absolutely must invest.

It may have escaped you but we didn’t win the title.

We absolutely must invest.
Maybe you’ve replied to the wrong post here because I have never said, suggested, hinted at, wrote, typed or even thought we shouldn’t be investing in our team.
My point was simply that, buy buying their loaned players from last season, they aren’t improving last seasons squad.

It's up to us (again) next season to keep the coefficient ticking over. C*ltic will take an absolutely hammering in the CL as you say, fingers crossed we also make it and then drop down to the EL go on another run. Personally think Hearts will get an absolute rogering in Europe too sadly.
Dunno. Hearts at Tynecastle should be able to pick up points at conference level.

tims all over estimate their team's real stadards, becasue of domestic success, though you'd think the penny's finally dropped that they's ain't that good outside of our wee pond, but looks like that'll no happen anytime soon, where as I think our support have a more realistic view as to where we stand in a european/wider picture sense
They have refs and linesman who are rabid supporters of their club affecting most matches domestically

That’s why they are successful

Depends what Hearts turns up. They looked very poor in some matches against us this season. With a decent draw they should pick up points but getting out the group could still be tough.
Are they straight into the groups with no qualifiers?

Is it Dundee Utd that go straight into the groups?
No they have a couple qualifiers to play, two secs I'll get it up. Only Hearts are guaranteed group stage in ECL but they can still qualify for the EL group.
Edit:
Dundee United will have two qualifiers to play, the third qualifying round and the playoff.
Motherwell need to play three ties to progress to the groups, the second and third qualifying rounds, then the playoff.

No they have a couple qualifiers to play, two secs I'll get it up. Only Hearts are guaranteed group stage in ECL but they can still qualify for the EL group.
Edit:
Dundee United will have two qualifiers to play, the third qualifying round and the playoff.
Motherwell need to play three ties to progress to the groups, the second and third qualifying rounds, then the playoff.

Cheers mate.

Edit:
"Well that takes me back to my wedding night."
Copyright Todd Van Allan @ cropod.

Back