Kerryfail Meltdown - Yes, they are nutjobs!

We've played the bottom two in the league and they've been away to us and Hearts not sure that's the best line of attack against the table.

As I noted above, it's a ridiculously small sample set, so not much if anything can be taken from it. My point was in relation to those writing of xG as an irrelevant stat.

And we scored 7 goals in those games, we've only played 2 home games, one against Celtic with a depleted team!

Does it take into account the fact they have played 3 of the worst teams in the league at home?

Pretty sure our 'xg' would be a fair bit higher had we played similar teams at home.
That really is the key bit it only starts to become an indicator when played home and away maybe could be after one round but it would still be less reliable

And we scored 7 goals in those games, we've only played 2 home games, one against Celtic with a depleted team!

Yeah, and outwith those two games we've scored 1 goal from open play which was a worldie from Tav at the weekend which would have had a low xG.

I'm not sure what point you're arguing, I'm saying that xG is a valuable stat (more so than results) for predicting future performance but not much can be taken from such a small sample set. In terms of racking up chances they've had the easier run-in as they've had 3 poor sides at home.

They're now claiming we cheated against St Johnstone because we brought our own footballs and dotted them around the edge of the park so we could get the game restarted quicker when it goes out of play.

I'm not even joking.
Was it not that mob who tried to enforce their ballboys at an AWAY match?
They were royally told to get to by the home club.
I'm sure I remember this.

Yeah, and outwith those two games we've scored 1 goal from open play which was a worldie from Tav at the weekend which would have had a low xG.

I'm not sure what point you're arguing, I'm saying that xG is a valuable stat (more so than results) for predicting future performance but not much can be taken from such a small sample set. In terms of racking up chances they've had the easier run-in as they've had 3 poor sides at home.
You should read Michael Beale’s thread on here, xg may not be as important you seem to think it is, context needs to be applied to xg stats

Last edited:
Mclaughlin yellow was a yellow.

But when were Morelos and Roofe meant to have been red carded? Was this after the penalty when Craig raised his hands to Roofe first?
I was going to ask the same question. Unless I missed something I don't remember Morelos getting involved in anything other than that. Roofe maybe a second yellow for knocking the ball out of the keepers hands later on but that's being really pedantic.

How can you say he sprang back up when there's a cut in the footage? Could've been 5 minutes between those clips for all we know. Also it would've been more impressive had he managed to NOT save that shot it was that easy.
What else is he supposed to do after a save when the ball goes out for a goal kick. Surely the only reason he wouldn’t get straight back up is if he got injured? Barkas was impressive if not being injured every time he dives is the measure.

Didn't realky work. Probably the slowest I've ever seen balls come back onto the park.

Our plan failed.
There was one point when Bassey had to jump over the hoardings to get the ball when the ballboy was sat about a foot away and never moved. Was sat raging, the wife had to tell me to calm down.

How can you say he sprang back up when there's a cut in the footage? Could've been 5 minutes between those clips for all we know. Also it would've been more impressive had he managed to NOT save that shot it was that easy.
Joe Hart struggles to dive with any conviction so its unlikely he could reverse that process and spring back up with any vitality.

That said I more than welcome all this ridiculous hyping of their players and signings, given the reality of their failings.

When I was a kid it was always the fat kids who couldn't play for shit, and Americans, who were obsessed with stats, "assists", Brazilian football, and reasons why Rangers should sign the entire Paraguay defence. XGs fall into that bracket for me and they mean bugger all tactically when Roofe picks the ball up deep in his own half in the pissing rain.

Not a fan of the xG stuff, considering the way most teams play against us, we will always have a higher xG than the opposition but we will never win every league game in a season. I’m guessing the 11 games the scum drew last season they probably had a much higher xG than the opposition, but it means nothing as teams are happy to have 0 shots against the old firm and defend 25 shots on target, that’s literally their game plan, it’s still a draw at the end of the day. I’d take 30 1-0 wins right now and a low overall xG over 25 6-0 wins and 5 draws with a massive overall xG, it means nothing.

I just don't get this obsession by Bears referring to the Pape's manager by his first name.
Do they think ANY of the Pape supporters refer to our manager as 'Steven' ?
U try spelling his name, he’s a no body unlike Gerrard who is known all round the world

Because they are as thick as a big potato.

U try spelling his name, he’s a no body unlike Gerrard who is known all round the world
Just a guess at Postecoglu, but I usually use, as suggested by another poster, 'Pots-of-glue' on the rare occasions I actually refer to the Pape's manager.

Incidentally, I stupidly mistook the intent of the post to which I was referring. I was chastised subsequently by several posters for making a tit of myself.

That really is the key bit it only starts to become an indicator when played home and away maybe could be after one round but it would still be less reliable
Unless of course they call the league and award the title to someone.
Just joking , that would never happen.

Just a guess at Postecoglu, but I usually use, as suggested by another poster, 'Pots-of-glue' on the rare occasions I actually refer to the Pape's manager.

Incidentally, I stupidly mistook the intent of the post to which I was referring. I was chastised subsequently by several posters for making a tit of myself.
I've said before - it would make things a lot easier for everyone if he just used his real name (Postekos) rather than his stage name, but that wouldn't suit the (bullshit) downtrodden immigrant narrative they have going on over there.

Love this from Joe Hart, Makes a great save then springs right back up to take the resulting Goal Kick.

if he makes a great save how th fk does it result in a gkick surely it would be a corner or is “ our ba our rules”

I wondered that.

If his save was parried to an opponent, which resulted in a goal kick, then is it still a great save? One that you effectively put the ball back in the path of an opponent.

What have I missed?
Morelos uploaded this picture on his Instagram story and it seems to have annoyed plenty of tims over on kerrydale st.

E_UTgSxXoAIG0gX

Back